What's new

Yesterday...

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron
:eyeroll: All this talk about the legal fund money is unnecessary and even a bit stupid.

How much there is, transparency, will OSA take notice of it, will attorneys take notice and try to gouge Emma, etc., etc. It's all unproductive blather. Stop talking about it.

We all (OSA included) know it's there and for one focused reason: for Emma to be able to pay for a lawyer to get these charges dropped or defeated. Legal victory on this initial threat is all that matters.

But - but - this is ESMB! We have to talk about it. :D

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Saw the story over on WWP Em. + energy to you and gobsmack the fuckers yeah.

desperate losers are desperate. email should be in admin data. talk if needed, but sounds like you are in good hands.

Escalus out.

I couldn't let your quick entrance and exit go uncommented. Nice to see you pop in - come back and hang out here from time to time. :)

Cherished

Nothing infuriates me more than David Miscavige using Law Enforcement as his own private army.

In order to execute a full frontal assault on a critic, a declared SP, anyone who is out and speaking up or even those who were never IN and are speaking out, Law Enforcement is used as a tool to harrass, intimidate, bully i.e. use the Government

But they pay no TAXES. They use Government services for free.

Freeloaders using law enforcement time ~~ often for allegations manufactured out of whole cloth.

These Police departments do not get one iota of monetary support from city budgets because the "Church" claims religious exemption.

Religion indeed.
This is true.

But the CoS is so short sighted. Consider that the federal attorney general's department has been asked to investigate how other countries monitor the activities of cults and report back to the senate.

So, as this plays out, Emma will have a great story to tell the AG.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
For the record, I'm not affiliated with either Co$ nor Anonymous. I just happened to stumble across this site yesterday. It was not my intention to unduly alarm anyone, and if I have done so, I apologize.

Guy Fawkes

You stumbled on the site yesterday. Like when you were looking for web hosts and this just came up in your search results.:p

Oh yeah, of course.
Like I stumbled on the forum for ex-crocodile catchers with large noses this morning. I was looking for synonyms for abusive cult. Google is amazing isn't it?

You caught up with the whole CO$ and Anon thing really quickly. I'm having a bit more trouble with the crocodile catchers and their abbreviations for noses. But it could just be me.

Nicole

For the record, I'm not affiliated with either Co$ nor Anonymous. I just happened to stumble across this site yesterday. It was not my intention to unduly alarm anyone, and if I have done so, I apologize.

Guy Fawkes

... and <schwupppsss> you choose the name Guy Fawkes and give advices :wink2:.

<irony> Every day I am doing the same! </irony>:whistling:

johnAnchovie

Still raging
Plegie assistance

I don't use any of the credit cards that paypal accept - am a laser card user, am too undisiplined to trust myself with cc's :unsure: - I can do account to account international transfers, anyone able to give me some assistance on this? I can be pm'd or emailed. Thanks in advance!

J.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
THIS \/ \/ \/

Donating money is different from lending money. I've been "ripped off" by donating money to dodgy outfits and shady individuals in the past and got myself all bent out of shape raging about it. In the end, I came to the conclusion that, in the act of donation, I am releasing the money and "letting go" of any interest I have in its eventual use. I'm not saying I throw money away, far from it. I look carefully at who is asking for the money and why. But, based on the information available at the time, once I make my decision to donate - my relationship with the money ends. My relationship with person or the cause doesn't end and any subsequent appeals for money will be weighed up at that time with, presumably, additional information as to how my donation was used. I will ,make a fresh decision whether or not I want to let any additional money go at that time.

I gave money to one relatively well-known Kiwi-born Ex. Now, he may or may not have blown it all on sex, drugs and rock'n'roll, but I don't care. I donated it to him. The karmic consequences of what he did with it rests with him, not me. Our relationship (although entirely virtual) has changed, but not my relationship to the money I donated. The same thing applies with what few pennies I can gather for Emma. They are her's to spend as she pleases because the money no longer belongs to me and I have no say in how it is spent. It is a gift.

THIS /\ /\ /\ :clap:
Ditto

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
You stumbled on the site yesterday. Like when you were looking for web hosts and this just came up in your search results.:p

Oh yeah, of course.
Like I stumbled on the forum for ex-crocodile catchers with large noses this morning. I was looking for synonyms for abusive cult. Google is amazing isn't it?

You caught up with the whole CO$ and Anon thing really quickly. I'm having a bit more trouble with the crocodile catchers and their abbreviations for noses. But it could just be me.

Yeah, this rang a bell for me too. Huh? Perhaps I spoke too soon earlier.

Guy Fawkes - you need to clarify. No one just stumbles on this site - unless you care to explain what you were doing when ESMB came up . . .

:unsure:

Oh yeah, of course.

I didn't say I was unfamiliar with the cult, I said I only stumbled on this particular message board yesterday. I'm old enough to remember hearing about what the cult did to Paulette Cooper in the mid-70s, when it happened. Like thousands of others, I started reading a.r.s. in the '90s after the 'Ho tried rmgrouping it.

I read about the raid on Emma's home elsewhere, which is how I found this place.

Since I have some expertise with security and encryption, I thought I'd offer it here.
If people don't wish to avail themselves of it, fine -- it's no skin off my nose.

Guy Fawkes

uniquemand

Unbeliever
For the record, 98% of the people who ever were interested in Scientology have left. We are all living very safe, happy lives, free of intimidation or worry.

The water is warm out here.

Wisened One

Crusader
Just learned of this last night, and came to read the OP and a few of the replies...no time lately. But :omg: Ems! THAT musta been SCARY!!:nervous: We are all here for you, you DO know that and just let me/us all know what you need (besides time and space and privacy right now, which you have from me :yes:) :bighug:

FinallyMe

I am really, REALLY reluctant to do this until I am certain of the costs. I've seen this type of thing bite people on the bum before and we all know what happened the last time an Aussie raised funds for a legal defence (thank you Mr Saxton).

What if I raised $2000 and only needed $1500? Do I do partial refunds? Do we create a trust with any left over for further battles or use it to help exes in other ways (retraining etc)? Who does the accounting?

I just don't know how to do this the right way.

Haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but my vote is that you take any excess funds and apply it towards next year's server lease/upgrade/replacement or whatever it is that happens. MOST IMPORTANT IS FOR YOU TO HAVE SOMEONE DEFENDING YOU!!!!

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but my vote is that you take any excess funds and apply it towards next year's server lease/upgrade/replacement or whatever it is that happens. MOST IMPORTANT IS FOR YOU TO HAVE SOMEONE DEFENDING YOU!!!!

100% agree, as for any 'excess funds', may even a legal defence fund prop?

FinallyMe

Guy Fawkes

Guy, I just wanted you to know that I appreciate having all your advice on safeguarding internet exchanges. I'm not worried about what OSA might do, and certainly don't get involved with servers, secret information, etc., but just in general, in my everyday browsing activities, you have brought to my attention things I didn't know and have suggested solutions - thank you! Others have provided computer suggestions on other threads and I always make a note of them, just because they are probably good suggestions.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Guy, I just wanted you to know that I appreciate having all your advice on safeguarding internet exchanges. I'm not worried about what OSA might do, and certainly don't get involved with servers, secret information, etc., but just in general, in my everyday browsing activities, you have brought to my attention things I didn't know and have suggested solutions - thank you! Others have provided computer suggestions on other threads and I always make a note of them, just because they are probably good suggestions.

Yes, I agree, thanks for the info on this thread. :)

paradox

ab intra silentio vera
Emma said:

10th November 2010, 10:22 AM

Yesterday morning just before 8am 5 armed policemen (not the usual ones, but the scary looking ones in suits) turned up at my door with a search and arrest warrant.
November 9, 2010 1:04 PM PST
FBI probes 4chan's 'Anonymous' DDoS attacks

The FBI has launched an investigation into an online protest that allegedly took down numerous Web sites belonging to antipiracy and entertainment groups, as well as the U.S. Copyright Office, a source with knowledge of the probe told CNET today.

Over the past two months, a group calling itself "Anonymous," with links to the 4chan Web forum and image board, has launched distributed denial-of-service attacks (DDoS) against Web sites operated by the Motion Picture Association of America, The Recording Industry Association (RIAA), Hustler magazine, rocker Gene Simmons, The British Phonographic Industry, and other similar groups in France, Australia, Spain and elsewhere.

[continues]
Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-31001_3-20022264-261.html
http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-leaks-legal/fbi-probes-4chans-anonymous-ddos-attacks-73457/

Seems to explain the date coincidence taking into consideration the time required for a coordinated investigation across borders and the notification to press.

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sometimes, one picture is better than a million words.

owlandcat.jpg

Posted by rof on WWP: "Re: Emma, ESMB Fair Gamed." Thank you, WWP guys and girls, for really caring.

A little message to OSA folks handling this cycle: it's not too late to confront your very personal doubts and do something that actually indicates.

Back to the picture: The thing is, anyone who ever lived with a cat, knows too well - you don't want to piss a kitty off. It's never a good idea. :D:coolwink:

Last edited: