What's new

Yo, my beautiful thetans.

So, I've been out, a few years now and I joined this forum once while I was still in. In a panic, on the floor of my bedroom, recruiters prowling outside my apartment for the SO. I don't remember if I made a post or not ever. I'm guessing not, because I did do the EPF for like 2 1/2 - 3 weeks :questions: I think, before just leaving and flyin' back to my org and back on post. Didn't even have to see the Health and Fitness Board. I think I got a few people comm ev'd for that. Ended up leaving like a year later or so my org without ever routing off staff either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

You know I wouldn't call myself an Ex-Scientologist, because I do still believe some of the tech works, and have witnessed some things and know it to be true. I guess i'll mosey myself down to the other flavors of SCN after I post this. I did end up making a business as my moonlight while I was there and compiled all my policies, loosely off of the admin tech. Guess all those hours reading the OEC vols came in handy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Say hi and swap stories and catch up on the recent times of whats it like to be a staff member in the 21st century, or my interesting time on the EPF where I had a cellphone the whole time and my family never knew I went, 'cause I texted them the whole time?

Yall are super theta :^)

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome!!!

Not that everyone here is in a heated rush to welcome anyone who has the least bon mot for Hubbard or his work; it's mostly been turned into an antiscn site,

Well, yes...

SCN SUXXX!!!

But Hubbard's work remains seminal.

It's getting the Tweedledee/Tweedledum treatment. The Tweedledum gooks go into the orgs and turn it into crap driving off anyone who can combine a grasp of the tech with the true spirit of the work and the Tweedledees outside use the Tweedledums as examplary of the Church.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've been spilling my semen on barren ground for decades Stratsie...

At least I'm having sex with someone I love

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
So, I've been out, a few years now and I joined this forum once while I was still in. In a panic, on the floor of my bedroom, recruiters prowling outside my apartment for the SO. I don't remember if I made a post or not ever. I'm guessing not, because I did do the EPF for like 2 1/2 - 3 weeks :questions: I think, before just leaving and flyin' back to my org and back on post. Didn't even have to see the Health and Fitness Board. I think I got a few people comm ev'd for that. Ended up leaving like a year later or so my org without ever routing off staff either ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

You know I wouldn't call myself an Ex-Scientologist, because I do still believe some of the tech works, and have witnessed some things and know it to be true. I guess i'll mosey myself down to the other flavors of SCN after I post this. I did end up making a business as my moonlight while I was there and compiled all my policies, loosely off of the admin tech. Guess all those hours reading the OEC vols came in handy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Say hi and swap stories and catch up on the recent times of whats it like to be a staff member in the 21st century, or my interesting time on the EPF where I had a cellphone the whole time and my family never knew I went, 'cause I texted them the whole time?

Despite the perpetual adolescents on the thread, all types are welcome here.

You found stuff you liked? Great.I

we like stories. Yours sounds interesting. When were you in the SO, and how was it like then?

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
You know I wouldn't call myself an Ex-Scientologist, because I do still believe some of the tech works, and have witnessed some things and know it to be true. I guess i'll mosey myself down to the other flavors of SCN after I post this. I
Those other flavors of scn are less toxic than the original, I'd guess. I hope you'll keep reading material that is critical of scn, though. I highly recommend Russell Miller's "Barefaced Messiah," if you haven't read it.

https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/miller/

JustSheila

Crusader

Hi and welcome to ESMB.

Are you sure you were on the EPF and not some sort of outer org training thing? What org did you join in the Sea Org?

Lots of Fitness Boards are done on people after they leave, without the person present.

Excuse me while I use a lot of scientologese, and if you have a M/U - don't forget to look it up and clear it! :^)
Hi and welcome to ESMB.
Are you sure you were on the EPF and not some sort of outer org training thing? What org did you join in the Sea Org?
Lots of Fitness Boards are done on people after they leave, without the person present.

Probably was ran without me there, but was definitely on the EPF - ran around in the dark blue shirts, did hard labor, got yelled at by... the lady who ( I'm not sure if she's still living there) was really antago to SCN. who lives on LRH way in a house and Int has tried for years to pay her to move out, but she refuses - anytime myself or any of my compatriots were leaf blowing the leaves off the street. Saying we were being too loud, and that we have sex with our mothers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
To whoever said to still read things that were crit of scn, I did while I was in the church and before I joined the church.

Welcome!!!
Not that everyone here is in a heated rush to welcome anyone who has the least bon mot for Hubbard or his work; it's mostly been turned into an antiscn site,
Well, yes...
SCN SUXXX!!!
But Hubbard's work remains seminal.
It's getting the Tweedledee/Tweedledum treatment. The Tweedledum gooks go into the orgs and turn it into crap driving off anyone who can combine a grasp of the tech with the true spirit of the work and the Tweedledees outside use the Tweedledums as examplary of the Church.
You know, everytime I was body routing and the "Tweedledums" would come by, I was honestly secretly wishing I'd end up on like AGP or even here lol. Sadly, you know I never got photographed or videotaped by SPs - that or it would happen while I had to get HCO. But, you know what? the ONLY thing I really have wrong with SCN right now is the current management and the background of how the technology came about. Would I say that it should be a religion? Well, who am I to say yes? Yeah, it helped me - and gave me results. Do I believe in xenu and all that? No - (mostly because I never got to that point in my bridge. But had already read all the OT stuff before i even did my purif, online.). I never experienced Pre-GATII so I'm not sure what that was like, but as the saying goes "Whats true for you is true for you."
Despite the perpetual adolescents on the thread, all types are welcome here.
You found stuff you liked? Great.I
we like stories. Yours sounds interesting. When were you in the SO, and how was it like then?
Technically, not in the SO - was in the EPF which is just before you (graduate?) and go into the SO, I had signed the SO contract with 4 different orgs that I didn't know what org I was going to be in after I finished the EPF. REALLY would of liked to work at SMP though, if I had completed the EPF. When I was on the EPF - it wasnt... horrible? I remember one instance where we had grabbed our jobs for the day and the group I was in got assigned to cleaning the mess hall's mess box storage and the mess fridge, as well as the entire mess hall. Which to be fair, when we picked it up we should of queried the order. Which the job would take a day and a half at least. We did it anyways. But, me - being the over achiever I am, strived to finish it that day. I scrubbed the most rank and disgusting fridge, all day even when the others went to go study. That and no one wanted to touch the fridge - my god it was like a 5 year old's science project gone bad and forgotten about in the closet for a decade bad. BUT I FUCKING SCRUBBED THE SHIT out of it. Anyways, long story short the I/C came to us and told us that the order was supposed to be for the RPF. I got a goodie bag out of it for being an over achiever what can i say.
Those other flavors of scn are less toxic than the original, I'd guess. I hope you'll keep reading material that is critical of scn, though. I highly recommend Russell Miller's "Barefaced Messiah," if you haven't read it.

https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/miller/
Bruh, I ended up in scn because of going clear - watched some of the aftermath while I was on staff in my office at 3 am on a thursday morning wondering how I was going to get my stats up before 2 pm that day(*no one was around*), and basically soaked myself in it. I wonder if you could say I was experimenting with scn? Don't know how I got through the multiple sec checks i've been in if thats the case.

----------------------
Also, I may have PILOT staff course packs and a bunch of things if someone wants PDFs and scans let me know.

Last edited:

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
To whoever said to still read things that were crit of scn, I did while I was in the church and before I joined the church.
That was me. I read "Scientology, The Now Religion" and "The Scandal of Scientology" before I did the Comm Course. Those were the only 2 anti-scn books I could find, in 1975. I left scn in 1981. I wish I'd woke up earlier.

But it's your life. Do what you gotta do.

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
...the ONLY thing I really have wrong with SCN right now is the current management and the background of how the technology came about. Would I say that it should be a religion? Well, who am I to say yes? Yeah, it helped me - and gave me results. Do I believe in xenu and all that? No - (mostly because I never got to that point in my bridge. But had already read all the OT stuff before i even did my purif, online). I never experienced Pre-GATII so I'm not sure what that was like...
You and I seem to have come down quite different tracks in Scientology, but interestingly, we've arrived at similar conclusions.

The off policy, out tech practices of the church, is what compelled me to leave the group, but I didn't renounce the religion itself at all. I still believe that most of the lower Bridge is helpful, workable, and of real value. The upper level stuff? Not so much.

It was only after giving myself permission to Look, that I discovered the truth about where the workable parts of Scientology came from, and that Hubbard was primarily a discoverer of such tech, and not an innovator, per se.

In fact, per everything I've discovered about the development of Dianetics and Scientology, Hubbard's innovations are the only parts of Scientology that aren't valid or workable.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Everything is up in my closet, I'll bring some down this week Here is the Intro Routes Lines pack, I have the checksheet as well. I'll scan them later this week.
Thank you. But is there anything interesting? I'm not really interested in routine Scn course packs.

Paul

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ahhhh...

That's better!

This post had fifty views yesterday when I found it w/o response. Five years ago there would have been a dozen warm welcomes and I feared my greatly esteemed and dearly beloved colleagues had coalesced into a blind and bitter mob marching in lockstep.

So good to see a bit of dusting reveals them as still the fierce and loving pack of nattering bobbleheads I've come to cherish...

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
SYTB...

The Tweedledums are the the meatballs on the inside of CoS turning it into a ravenous and oppressive cult.

The Tweedledees are the chumps outside doing what they can to screw it. Those you met on the street were for he most part not the real Tweedledees but those who are misinformed confused and abraded by the Tweedledees; sockpuppets.

Yeah the lower level is pretty good. I wish I could recommend it but if I did I'd feel like I was sending a orny dude to get fellatio from a cannibal.

The materials do contain the necessary remedies to the flaws. e.g. it is very important to note that taking all materials literally is mentioned as low toned in SOS an in point of fact Xenu, Helatrobus etc are not presented as articles of faith

JustSheila

Crusader
SYTB...

The Tweedledums are the the meatballs on the inside of CoS turning it into a ravenous and oppressive cult.

The Tweedledees are the chumps outside doing what they can to screw it. Those you met on the street were for he most part not the real Tweedledees but those who are misinformed confused and abraded by the Tweedledees; sockpuppets.

Yeah the lower level is pretty good. I wish I could recommend it but if I did I'd feel like I was sending a orny dude to get fellatio from a cannibal.

The materials do contain the necessary remedies to the flaws. e.g. it is very important to note that taking all materials literally is mentioned as low toned in SOS an in point of fact Xenu, Helatrobus etc are not presented as articles of faith

It's like Alice having a conversation with the Cheshire Cat.

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Depends what you find interesting?
I don't know if I can give a good answer to that. It's of the "I know it when I see it" type. I was in the SO for 23 years at AOSHUK and ITO. I was an Adv Courses Sup, so I saw all the "juicy" stuff at that level including listening to the "juicy" tapes at Saint Hill. I've seen all the "OT Level" stuff online. I catalogued all the Captain Bill stuff and either posted it or linked to it in a big thread on ESMB. I was never at Int, but read a couple of Int-only packs that somehow escaped down an echelon. I worked on a project at OSA Int compiling hat packs when the OSA N/W issues got compiled around 1988.

I'm not in the least interested in Div 6 course packs that have been put together in a different typeface. I might be interested in an NOI version, though. Or some "newly-discovered LRH tech breakthrough" with completely new (to Scientology) tech. You know, something, er, juicy.

Paul