What's new

You can leave but you can't really leave

Smitty

Silver Meritorious Patron
comment to gomorrhan

My very favorite tactic is to pick up the receiver, take the call, and when it's someone I don't want to hear from, put it down without hanging up, and go about my business. Every once in a while (say, every five minutes or so) I go back and see if they're still there. If they are, I tell them I have nothing but respect for their dedication, and could they just hang on for a few more minutes while I go to the bathroom, etc. The goal is to keep them on for as long as possible without getting a product and without having anyone to talk to.

:roflmao: :goodposting: :thumbsup:

Smitty

comment to Dulloldfart

Hey guys,
Read my thread about the comparison I did with the old and new Scn 8-8008. I haven't read one single comparison study by anyone of any of the other books, except a bit about the DMSMH synopsis. All I read is speculation, not based on actual eyeballing the new books and comparing them to the old.
My opinion, based on what I saw, is that the new edition is a significant improvement over the old. It is also my opinion that DM is being true to his word--unlikely as that might seem--in that transcription errors have been corrected. This opinion is based on the reasons stated in that thread, not plucked out of thin air simply because everyone knows DM is a lying asshole.
Paul

Paul,
It is beside the point and an opinion whether or not the revised scn books are "better" than the original versions. You miss this point:
As the author of those books, it was Hubbard's job to read each galley proof and check them for errors in transcription, editing or typesetting. IF HE did NOT do THAT, then he was flagrantly not fulfilling his duties as a writer. Speculations why he did or did not are irrelevant. Fact is, that is the way the books were published and reprinted from the release date until he died in January of 1986.
Smitty

Smitty

comment to fluffy

Amazingly, we're still getting calls from Flag and AOLA. They obviously take notes as they mention things in later calls that I've said in earlier calls. BUT-- although I've told at least 4 of them that I'm expelled and declared (which would mean our only terminal would be the IJC, in theory. I say "in theory" since I want nothing to do with them.) somehow that fact never makes it into their notes.
They always call at the same time. About 9:40 to 9:45 p.m. They all want to "handle" my disagreements with the basic books and find out where I am on the bridge.
I'm not like some critics, I won't dump on them about Xenu and cult this and cult that because I think it would not do anything to make them receptive. But I have told several of those staffers that I think the church has gone off the rails, that no one questions anything no matter how it diverges from various "tech" and "Policy", that various books and tapes are being edited and that the church is lying about it. I've told them about the bookburnings and the attempts to stop people from buying the older editions on Ebay. I've also told them that I don't want anything to do with the church. The thing is, with them, they've got an answer and rationalization for everything, but they don't really listen.
I find these calls a bit...well...I don't know. Annoying? Too mild a word. Upsetting? Maybe closer.

Interesting story. From someone who I know is still in, I have been informed that there are COB orders NOT to call me or send me promo. I guess David Miscavige does not want any org staff or Flag crew to find out about the massive fraud that he has committed with the "Golden Age of Tech" that I discovered and reported while I was still in, and the perjury, fraud and beatings that I have subsequently found out about after leaving.
Smitty

Div6

Crusader
Paul,
It is beside the point and an opinion whether or not the revised scn books are "better" than the original versions. You miss this point:
As the author of those books, it was Hubbard's job to read each galley proof and check them for errors in transcription, editing or typesetting. IF HE did NOT do THAT, then he was flagrantly not fulfilling his duties as a writer. Speculations why he did or did not are irrelevant. Fact is, that is the way the books were published and reprinted from the release date until he died in January of 1986.
Smitty

Hubbard IS NOT the author of the new books. His name is in the title, but the author is listed as "Church of Scientology Inc." Another example of the deception being played out.

Smitty

reply to Div6

Hubbard IS NOT the author of the new books. His name is in the title, but the author is listed as "Church of Scientology Inc." Another example of the deception being played out.

That is a case of derivative works. Hubbard is still technically the author of the material which has been rearranged by Miscavige. The copyrights are nominally owned by the Church of Spiritual Technology, so the stated CSI authorship might be a footbullet.

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
That is a case of derivative works. Hubbard is still technically the author of the material which has been rearranged by Miscavige. The copyrights are nominally owned by the Church of Spiritual Technology, so the stated CSI authorship might be a footbullet.

In many cases, the copyright's expired, so derivative works would also generally be public domain. Besides, most of these don't qualify as derivative works because they haven't squirreled them enough.

sandygirl

Well Fluffy....you got me going again!!!! THESE CALLS... one of the main reasons I left.

Its a creepy feeling to know that the chuch just can't let go of us!!! I mean, c'mon!!! How much "recovery" can this harrassement bring in? How much "bad PR" is caused by this harrassement?? It is truly insane! I used to feel sorry for the guys on the other end of the phone, BUT they do go along with this goofiness!!!

I swear to God it we get another "tour" though, I am calling the cops!!!

I know you don't want to be rude Fluffy but even rudeness doesn't penetrate the hypnosis!!!

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I know what you mean, Sandygirl. I guess I shouldn't hope about getting through to them. Next time they call I will probably just say "please don't call here anymore." without worrying about unindoctrinating anybody.

sandygirl

Fluffy........

Drop the please!! I have gone from "please" to "next time you call I'm contacting my attorney".

THAT seems to get their attention!!! Oh and I had to CHANGE MY PHONE NUMBER TOO!!!!

These douchbags would think nothing of calling AFTER I got my LITTLE KIDS to bed for the nite!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry:

Talk about rude!!!!:duh: :duh:

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
You must have lots of money, Sandygirl.

I feel neglected, they don't call me. I'd love to give them a piece of my mind.

sandygirl

Sadly G.........I don't!!!

I have a hubby who is trained and was on staff previously!!! Believe me when I say they are desparate to have "bodies in the shop".

Oh...... and I was also a WIMP who would get suckered into selling books and manning the VM tent............:confused2: :confused2: :confused2:

Rooster56

Patron
You guys are awesome.

Thing about this was- that these people were nice made it seem worse. If they'd been butts it would have been easy to laugh at them or get pissy and argumentative which you know I truly love more than almost anything other than chocolate.

Well, I think that it's a cultic thing. I think that the cultic thingies stay with you even when you're like totally "I'm not doing THAT any more. I looove sleeping in, shopping, having money, etc." Well, I did say that already.

I know they're on a push to call people. I figured they wouldn't bother with me cuz I'm expelled, etc. But they're calling others, too, who are expelled- aren't they? I really wonder at this point if there aren't people there bending policy, they KNOW they're calling expelled declared people and they're pretending NOT to know and they can salvage them, they think.

There's this thing about being part of something and it's more than just being a member of the book of the month club or some job I used to have. This was a crusade and it was originally for life.

You know how some Catholics say there's no such thing as an ex Catholic? Well, yes, there is of course, but I know what they mean. It's like that with Scn, especially if one got into the "THIS IS IT!! YES YES YES!" mentality.

I have always said I didn't regret leaving. I don't, but I think I will carry this virus within me for a long time...maybe forever.

All your posts made a LOT of sense and Emma's hit the nail on the head again, too, as did the rest of you.

Quick question for someone who's new to this. What is the diff between expelled and declared? I asked for repayment...which will I be?

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
If a person's a member and he or she gets kicked out, then it will be an expulsion. BUT all explusions are accompanied by "Declares". A "declare" is a pronouncement that the subject is a suppressive person. They do this so that members won't talk to ex members and find out what's going on.

There have been declares issued with no expulsions. Those are used for "enemy groups" on the church's shit list. So they're not members of CofS but the church has decreed that they are suppressive. So declares can be issued for non members with no expulsions but all expulsions are accompanied by declares.

So you'd get both. But I hear that they are behind in getting out the expel/declare orders.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Expulsion is supposedly more severe than declare.

But the difference is not clear, although there is a distinction. I recall when Hamish Hamilton was International Justice Chief around 1990 and he spent an hour or so in my courseroom on a computer looking up LRH references to try and figure out the difference.

Don't assume that anyone in the CofS dealing with it today knows the difference. Hamish was a longterm Sea Org member and very smart.

Paul

Martini

Patron Meritorious
Quick question for someone who's new to this. What is the diff between expelled and declared? I asked for repayment...which will I be?

Asking for repayment does not mean you will be declared. It just means you are barred from receiving further training or auditing.

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
Asking for repayment does not mean you will be declared. It just means you are barred from receiving further training or auditing.

Depends.... NOTHING is standard in Scilonology. NOTHING.

I've known those who have resigned from the Co$ and demanded Repayment and were Expelled.

At the end of the day it doesn't mean SHIT. Just get out and then get your money and you're on your way to a better life......