ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Young girl imprisoned, beaten and abused in Sea Org Headquarter, Dundas, Australia

Discussion in 'Fair Game and Disconnection Victims' started by ccas, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Xenu's Boyfriend

Xenu's Boyfriend Silver Meritorious Patron

Re: Lisa McPherson...Taiwan style....the church is at it again...

Jesus Christ, look at how fucked up their lawyer looks. All that money, and that's the best they could find?

2. supafreak

supafreak Patron Meritorious

The Australian arm of the cult has been starved of income in the last five years. That's why they could only afford Lionel Hutz's real-life counterpart.

3. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

They're downstats.

4. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

This is just so sad and outrageous. :bigcry::angry: Wherever the cult practices, tragedy is sure to be created by it. :angry: The coercion that was denied and unlawful detainment is practiced all around the world from the Freewinds on the high seas, to Australia and the USA, Europe and god only knows where else.
    I can only imagine what Ms Wu her family going through. I wish them the best recovery possible.

5. CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC @IndieScieNews on Twitter

6. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

Re: Young girl imprisoned, beaten and abused in Sea Org Headquarter, Dundas, Australi

It gives a whole new meaning to "Go ask Alice" doesn't it?

7. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Re: Young girl imprisoned, beaten and abused in Sea Org Headquarter, Dundas, Australi

What gets me, and seems to being overlooked, is that she looked perfectly healthy and happy before she went to Sydney. Why isn't anyone pushing for what really happened there to cause the mental breakdown? We exes know the likely scenario, and it can be enough to trigger great mental distress. She was not like that before! If she wanted to leave, cracked it and was put on the Introspection Rundown this fact needs to be repeated and repeated. It's not about someone with mental health problems not being looked after - it's about causing the mental health problems in the first place!

I can't believe that this "statement" she gave is not being fully questioned - those words are not hers, and scientology seems to expect that they will "handle" the situation. Bastards.

And where is Virginia?????

I don't think I have ever seen a lawyer as a spokesman in Australia, and a terrible job he did of it too. If he has half a brain he will be as shocked as anyone at the blatant lying that left him looking like a total tool.

8. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

Re: "Church of Scientology Accused of Holding a Hostage" ( Lateline 2-25-13 )

I wonder, can a lawyer sue his/her client for intentionally defrauding him/her?

9. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Lol! I couldn't believe it either ... he "categorically denied the use of isolation" ... even though there's a hubbard policy clearly stating that it is to be used and the person is not to be spoken to or spoken within earshot of (and they showed the policy).

According to the terrified, twitchy, lawyer the girl was merely in a "sick room" ... I expect he thought she was having a nice, quiet little lie down (lol, the quiet bit was correct).

Hey lawyer ... its called "baby watch" and the only thing it's meant to protect or assist ... is the cult.

They really don't like Lisa Mcpherson's name being remembered do they?

10. CommunicatorIC

11. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

Exactly. Any ex knows more about that situation than any "wog" lawyer possibly could. They made him look like a complete patsy. The sick bay still has me rofling - never seen one of those in a Scientology org - ever!! They had trouble even finding a place for you to lie down if you needed to get sessionable. In a place where the category of sick or not sick is "can we see breath on a mirror?" it's not surprising they don't have sick bays for their minions to go slacking off in. And why would the "sick bay" be at Dundas? And who sends a person having a mental breakdown to "sick bay"?? Rofl!!

I would suspect either the sec checking fucked with her head à la Nancy Many, or she simply couldn't tolerate the abuse and degradation of the RPF or she was locked up because she wanted to leave and the trauma of the imprisonment itself caused her to crack.

So, yeah, what a pack of mongrels! And then to further abuse her by fraudulently obtaining a statement from a mentally incapacitated person is disgusting and shows what scuzzbags they truly are. There are no depths too low to stoop to in the Office of Special Affairs. Like the Borg, there's not a hell of a lot of humanity left in those evil zombies.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  12. ccas

ccas Patron

sA very disgusting "translation" of the ABC story appeared on ABC Radio Australia website (or is it?)
    http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/chinese/2013-02-26/%E6%BE%B3%E5%B1%B1%E8%BE%BE%E5%9F%BA%E6%95%99%E4%BC%9A%E5%8F%8D%E9%A9%B3%E6%BE%B3%E5%B9%BF%E6%9C%89%E5%85%B3%E5%85%B6%E9%9D%9E%E6%B3%95%E6%8B%98%E6%8A%BC%E7%9A%84%E6%8A%A5%E9%81%93/1093610

Here is the machine translation (with some editing) back to English.

Australian Church of Scientology refute Australia wide coverage about their illegal detention
    Update 26 February 2013, 9:46 AEST

The Church of Scientology in Australia to refute the report broadcast by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation last night, said the story has long been part of the campaign to " hunt and destroy" an evil cult.

In March 2012, Alice Wu was hospitalised after she punched a window at the Church of Scientology's headquarters in Dundas, in Sydney's west. The Church of Scientology denies she was being kept in isolation.
    Australian Church of Scientology denies the Taiwan woman had illegal detention.

Church of Scientology in Australia last night's evening news program of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation alleged illegal detention of a mental breakdown Taiwanese woman against their will.

Wu's family said, in March last year, she has been the Church isolation, and later was sent to the hospital for treatment of hand cuts smashed a window of the church's Sydney headquarters.

Alice Wu sent an e-mail to the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, denied that she had been held against her will, denied having received abuse.

Church of Scientology lawyer Gibson also denied the church her ​​mandatory detention, or any thing contrary to her wishes.

Gibson said Alice Wu is voluntarily arrived at Das church headquarters, and she can be at any time free to leave when Das.

I have emailed Steve.

通讯地址 contact address
    Radio Australia
    GPO Box 428, Melbourne
    Australia 3001
    电话 phone number
    海外用户请拨打: International number
    +61 3 9626 1500
    澳大利亚国内用户请拨打: within Australia
    03 9626 1500
    传真 Fax
    海外用户请拨打:
    +61 3 9626 1899 International
    澳大利亚国内用户请拨打:
    03 9626 1899 Domestic

13. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

This "beating" has bugged me from the beginning about this story. I'm not trying to minimise what happened. It is very real to me that this staff member encountered horrific conditions on staff, had some kind of breakdown, was imprisoned in some babywatch isolation environment, and suffered severe physical injury punching through a glass window to try to escape, for which injury she was hospitalized.

I could never think with being beaten as a part of that. It just didn't ring true, although physical restraint did.

Has there ever been any amplification of this part?

Paul

14. I told you I was trouble

Lol ... I think we knew the 'sick bay' by it's other name (the ethics office) ...

:whistling:

15. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

I recall a sick bay at PAC, although I never spent any time in there. Other ex-PACcies would know of it. Basically just a scummy dorm room (one for men and one for women) with bunk beds where sickies got dumped without much help except food if they were lucky to recover as best they could.

Paul

16. Purple Rain

Purple Rain Crusader

It's no less believable in Australia than America, although that wasn't part of the culture when I was there. They just used verbal abuse on me. I believe it, though.

They must feel like they are well and truly above the law at this stage. They can do what they want with impunity.

The only arm of government standing up to them is the Australian parliament. The executive have been been piss weak and pathetic - see Fair Work Ombudsman, police and any other regulatory bodies charged with the oversight of these issues. I witnessed somebody assaulted at a protest, and the police wouldn't even take my statement. And the guy was punched in the head right OVER MY SHOULDER!! Then it was all caught on videotape from several different cameras and the judge LET HIM OFF. So yeah, the courts are shite and the executive is shite. Scientology still seem to have their "area control" in on those arms of government.

Thank goodness for the politicians, especially Xen, the reporters like Steve and previously Brian, and the new anti-slavery laws which if passed will give the police more "teeth" in those matters.

17. ccas

ccas Patron

ABC Radio Australia, boss of the Chinese section is not available at the moment. Cannot talk to or have the name of the responsible. Will call later.

18. CommunicatorIC

Important information from WWP:

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...mentally-ill-young-woman.109340/#post-2278768
    https://whyweprotest.net/community/...ly-ill-young-woman.109340/page-2#post-2278782

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...ly-ill-young-woman.109340/page-2#post-2278794

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...ly-ill-young-woman.109340/page-2#post-2278801

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...ly-ill-young-woman.109340/page-2#post-2278822

19. I told you I was trouble

I recall the MLO (medical liaison officer) post too, it was based in qual but I always felt it was a PR post at best because she only 'liaised' with cult approved medics ... Lisa Mcpherson was (eventually) sent to a cult approved hospital doctor as we know and she died en-route.

20. Cherished

Cherished Silver Meritorious Patron

I have no reason to believe he knows either of Lisa McPherson or the Lisa Clause. I don't know that he has any background in Scientology.