What's new

Your folder

Does anyone know if the cult has ever used anyone's folder information to blackmail them? Does anyone know of people who've gotten their folders back and how they did it?

Div6

Crusader
Does anyone know if the cult has ever used anyone's folder information to blackmail them? Does anyone know of people who've gotten their folders back and how they did it?

1. Yes. It is quite common for the to use folder data against someone who is attacking them. Too many examples exist to list out here.

Bare Faced Messiah has some examples, I think.

2. I don't have any specific knowledge of folder recovery..

Smitty

Silver Meritorious Patron

I don't know of any blackmail cases, but the data has been used to get "buttons" on members and former members, which were used in an attempt to covertly manipulate those people. I only know of a couple cases where a former member obtained possession of their pcs folders after threatening legal action back in the late 1970's. But, the folder contents were photocopied by the assistant guardian for information before being given to the former members.
In the early 1980's, organized scientology required that members sign a release and waiver, renouncing all claims of ownership to one's case folders. It is somewhat of a sham because if your pc folders are located at a particular organization, and you want to get auditing at a remote organization, you are coerced to pay for the shipment of the folders to the remote org.
Smitty

barky

Patron with Honors
Yes, there is no integrity at all in the handling of PC folders. I've seen FSMs, untrained FSMs, look in PC folders to figure out what they should be sold. I was even asked to do so when I was an FBO, the ED told me to look in "Mr. X's PC folder to see what he should be regged for", and I refused. I told her, specifically, that I was not a trained auditor, and had no right to look in such a folder. She caved and had the OES do it instead (at least he was in the right part on the org board, although it still bothered me they would treat a person's case as the means for a financial transaction).

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Barky, that's frightening...

I wonder if it's possible to steal the folder back, if they don't know you're looking for it.

1) Stealing is a crime
2) If you're in a European state, there are laws on control of personal data you can invoke
3) You can never actually be sure you got them all back
4) If you're a Scientologist, why wouldn't you trust the 'Church'? Even extortion and blackmail are for the 'greatest good for the greatest number'
5) If you're not in the 'Church' the best (possbily only) solution to the evils of Scientology is to work for the exposure, prosecution and elimination of the organization. Worrying about possible 'blackmail' using PC folders is a waste of time.

Zinj

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Is that 2 crimes that Sargon the Cherub has suggested so far?

Or am I getting it mixed up with another poster who wanted someone to pdf all the new books so he could download them?

Gotta watch out for the plants who are suggesting criminal acts....

Sargon - are you a plant?

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Or am I getting it mixed up with another poster who wanted someone to pdf all the new books so he could download them?

Call any vegetable Pick up your phone
Think of a vegetable Lonely at home
Call any vegetable And the chances are good
That a vegetable will *respond* to you

Zinj

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Aw, don't be mean. He only just got here. I wanted to have some fun first. :)

Paul

Bea Kiddo

Crusader

Water. Plants need water...

Yeah, that was me. Hmm, wasn't really thinking about it being a crime. I live in the USA in the LA area, I assume by plant you mean a Sea Org member or something sent to spy here or something along those lines? I've never been in the Sea Org, and I wasn't expecting this level of paranoia. I don't want to have to give away personal information here because I don't want to deal with the drama it would cause me, there are too many Scientologist who have been nice to me for me to simply through it back in their face but at the same time I don't want to have anything to do with The Church. I'm not sure how to show I'm not some sort of spy, nor was I prepared to, but I'll stop asking for free stuff.

Is that site some kind of joke? I'm not going to be excepted around here am I? Or is this all in my head, am I being made fun or something? Am I not welcome here? Do you want me to leave?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Is that site some kind of joke? I'm not going to be excepted around here am I? Or is this all in my head, am I being made fun or something? Am I not welcome here? Do you want me to leave?

No joke. Literally dozens of people have had good wins using my Robot Auditor. Read the successes at http://www.yawnguy.com.

If you leave now, all affronted, we will know you are a plant.

If you're genuine, maybe you will tough it out after a rocky start. Beef Terminal did.

Paul

Bea Kiddo

Crusader

Its actually not a joke. I have done it myself. It works really well. It blew an upset I had about a death of a close friend. I was amazed that it really does relieve stress.

You are welcome to stay here and post and read and lurk.

But suggesting things that are illegal may not go over well. So you might want to watch what you are saying or suggesting.

Okay, I'll give it a shot. I didn't know if the "yawn" thing was some sort of play on the study tech phenomena, so I thought it was just a joke site. Sorry about asking for the PDF files, I live in LA so it doesn't register to me sometimes that sharing copy write is illegal. :\

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Did what to Peter Alexander?

(That name is familiar to me, as in, C/Sed at ASHO. Was he in getting auditing in late 2003 by chance?)

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
He used to, I think, and still may, own the Totally Fun Company. Patricia Greenway (the eeeevil gypsy queen whom some people like to scream about) is the VP there.

Anyway, he left CofS and became a critic. Several years ago on a.r.s. there was a post where he said he'd been picketing and somebody came out and yelled stuff at him that they could only have seen in his pc folder.

http://www.scientology-lies.com/pickets/cw/000430peter.html