What's new

Your infestation of space-cooties/spirit fleas

uniquemand

Unbeliever
In that case, you probably won't mind going hungry, being exposed without shelter, eaten by animals, and without medicine.

Myself, I would rather have those problems solved.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Thetas conquest over MEST doesn't mean enslaving people or matter. It means mastery of the rules of the universe, such that we are not subject to vagaries or vicissitudes.

I appreciate the Buddhists thinking on release of ego, but that doesn't result in mastery. Quality of life might improve, since you are no longer bound to a particular identity, but death and health are still issues, whether you're a Buddhist or a cockroach. I see technology as a means of reducing those issues, such that they aren't PTPs to processing.

The decision to rely only on materialism as the only acceptable basis of reason is an act of belief. There is nothing to support it empirically. It is a facet of logic that materialists have traditionally chosen to ignore as it is uncomfortably "metaphysical". :D

Mark A. Baker

-snip - "The decision to rely only on materialism as the only acceptable basis of reason."

s this true? Has anyone decided to "rely on materialism" and if so who?
And what do mean by materialism?

Is your argument here relevant to the aims of the people you seem to be crticising? I mean are they interested in proving things that might be true - or might exist or to include might be so when they want to say that they have proven that something is so, or all the known evidence suggests that something is so?

If "they" have limited their observation to that which can be tested and that for which reliable evidence can be gathered why should they have to include untestable evidence.? If they are researching and studying in the field
of "psychic" phenomena, psychological phenomena "spriitual" phenomena and beliefs then they would perhaps have to try to observe phenomena which is less material than if they were studying the "hard sciences". But they would still need to collect evidence and prove things before they would say "x causes "z" etc. Wouldn't they?
Wouldn't you want to find out if your own intuitions and ideas about non-material things are accurate?

So what are you saying? That when they try to discover a vacine they should consult with faith healers or those who talk to spirits and include that in the data observation/proving?

Hatshepsut

Crusader
Well said

Thetas conquest over MEST doesn't mean enslaving people or matter. It means mastery of the rules of the universe, such that we are not subject to vagaries or vicissitudes.

Well said. Gotta send that quote to COB. I think he missed the point. We just wanted happy stable lives feeling we could handle whatever came up.

I think you are the first person to mention Traumatic Incident Reduction since I joined 3 weeks ago. I am really impressed with the volunteer work being done in Miami for victims of crime.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Teresa Descilo. She does extremely good work. Did you know that she organized hundreds of people to go to help the victims of the tsunami, on-site? No cost. She is a real humanitarian.

Hatshepsut

Crusader
Didn't know that. I actually called her by phone once to find out about TIR. She was fixing to travel at the time. I got in touch with Ann Wilson in Clearwater and lost contact. She was the best! She got injured in a car accident and is having difficulty. I have been trying to find her. She does not live on Roosevelt any more.

I bought the book Beyond Psychology. I'm not college educated so it is a bit deep for me. When Gerald French and the guys started to reconfigure their curriculum with those who had psychiatric and medical backgrounds out there in Palo Alto...I kinda got intimidated. I got processes from Raginald Magnaldi that I tried. (Is Unstacking part of the TIR curriculum?)

I appreciate the Buddhists thinking on release of ego, but that doesn't result in mastery. Quality of life might improve, since you are no longer bound to a particular identity, but death and health are still issues, whether you're a Buddhist or a cockroach. I see technology as a means of reducing those issues, such that they aren't PTPs to processing.

Do you think that Buddhists are anti-technology or sump'n?

well_that_sucked

Patron with Honors
There was no threat. Colleagues at uni? You make wrong assumptions. I'm not working at a "uni", nor am I affiliated with one. I said I was a graduate. I did my thesis on Traumatic Incident Reduction, and it was received very well, thanks. My story was convenient for me to tell, yes, and confusing to you, but I imagine most others got it just fine. I don't use "lrh cult tech", nor do I victimize anyone. However, you are free to continue making false assertions. I'll just keep pointing out that they're false! The fact that you thought I was serious about making an army of zombies with cracked souls just shows you might have missed your meds. Perhaps you needed a longer vacation.

Assumptions?

TIR is watered down $cientology. $cientology is lrh cult tech.

$cientology technology hurts people as it was intended to. Hence this damn board and the multitude of posts recounting the betrayals of the cult tech you think you have a better version of.

Funny, you fuck around with cult tech and I'm the one that needs meds for being offended by your sick zombie comment? You must not have watched the video.

Last edited:

Been Done Had

Patron with Honors
Assumptions?

TIR is watered down $cientology. $cientology is lrh cult tech.

$cientology technology hurts people as it was intended to. Hence this damn board and the multitude of posts recounting the betrayals of the cult tech you think you have a better version of.

Funny, you fuck around with cult tech and I'm the one that needs meds for being offended by your sick zombie comment? You must not have watched the video.

I take it you won't be doing any services in the Freezone? Is there any aspect of LRH's work you think is redeemable or of value? Any of it?

I am not a black and white thinker, so I can easily reconcile how the young man who wrote the "Admissions" could later strive to understand and define the area where spirit, mind and flesh intersect.

If there were NO TRUTH in Scientology it would have died in 1951. Yet here it is and even former adherents of the organized religion find themselves drawn still to the philosophy (I for one.)

Are you here to save me from my own life experience, studies and musings? Or simply to hate me for what I believe? Either way I can take it.:yes:

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
I take it you won't be doing any services in the Freezone? Is there any aspect of LRH's work you think is redeemable or of value? Any of it?

I am not a black and white thinker, so I can easily reconcile how the young man who wrote the "Admissions" could later strive to understand and define the area where spirit, mind and flesh intersect.

If there were NO TRUTH in Scientology it would have died in 1951. Yet here it is and even former adherents of the organized religion find themselves drawn still to the philosophy (I for one.)

Are you here to save me from my own life experience, studies and musings? Or simply to hate me for what I believe? Either way I can take it.:yes:

There is no truth in religions and yet that are still around due to their enforced nature and the mindfuck. Christianity is dying out now because small children, later intended to become adherents, are not being forced to pray, under threat, and most people don't care to go to church and there is no vicar or priest with any power who can condemn them to their community that they no longer control.

Been Done Had

Patron with Honors
There is no truth in religions and yet that are still around due to their enforced nature and the mindfuck. Christianity is dying out now because small children, later intended to become adherents, are not being forced to pray, under threat, and most people don't care to go to church and there is no vicar or priest with any power who can condemn them to their community that they no longer control.

C'mon. Seriously? No truth? Nothing of value? The moral messags, the hope, the spirituality? All of it is a lie? That is a heartbreaking way to see the world.:no:

Do you accept unorganized spirituality then? If so than any attempt to transmit that spirituality to others becomes organized and religious.

Are you a hard core materialist? Do you have any belief in the spirit? I am utterly certain I am more than a piece of meat. Powerfully certain.:happydance:

It took time and work to achieve that. Give it a shot. It would be the best gift you ever gave yourself.:yes:

So what are you saying? That when they try to discover a vacine they should consult with faith healers or those who talk to spirits and include that in the data observation/proving?

Not at all, this is another in the "false dichotomy" series posted recently. My comments reflect on the philosophical underpinnings of science.

Empiricism is a highly useful tool but as with ANY tool has its limitations. Too often the philisophical limits of empiricism are overlooked as a result of enthusiasm for the technological lifestyles that have resulted from it. This is especially true among those given to a less philosophic "bent".

The discussion is well known among scientific circles and frequently results in friendly debates among participants with conflicting philosophies. The issues are less well-understood outside the scientific and philosophic communities.

Fundamentally the discourse deals with the meaning of ideas and to what extent those ideas may be logically relied upon.

Mark A. Baker

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
C'mon. Seriously? No truth? Nothing of value? The moral messags, the hope, the spirituality? All of it is a lie? That is a heartbreaking way to see the world.:no:

Do you accept unorganized spirituality then? If so than any attempt to transmit that spirituality to others becomes organized and religious.

Are you a hard core materialist? Do you have any belief in the spirit? I am utterly certain I am more than a piece of meat. Powerfully certain.:happydance:

It took time and work to achieve that. Give it a shot. It would be the best gift you ever gave yourself.:yes:

Take, for example, Christianity. Here, the philosophy is to give away your wealth to the poor and if somebody assaults you then let them strike your other cheek. What a load of hippie, bullshit nonsense! That's a sure way to allow dictators to run the world and torture and kill people. And this sandal-wearing Son of God said that the Second Coming would happen within the lifetimes of some of his followers. He told Caiphas that he, himself, would witness the Secod Coming. Of course it didn't happen and we can now understand that Jesus had some sort of chemical imbalance in the brain that our modern drugs would be able to cure. Either that or a six month course of ECT to get him back working on some useful carpentry projects. He must have been horrified at the dove joint in that cross he was nailed to.

As for morality then we have "human rights". They don't come from any religion. You just treeat people the way you hope they will treat you and form that into a code for people to follow. religion might have stolen these ideas but not invented them.

If "The Spirit" or "spirits" exist and are real then they had better do something spectacular to prove their existence or STFU. I am a lump of meat until these spirits prove otherwise.

Been Done Had

Patron with Honors
Take, for example, Christianity. Here, the philosophy is to give away your wealth to the poor and if somebody assaults you then let them strike your other cheek. What a load of hippie, bullshit nonsense! That's a sure way to allow dictators to run the world and torture and kill people. And this sandal-wearing Son of God said that the Second Coming would happen within the lifetimes of some of his followers. He told Caiphas that he, himself, would witness the Secod Coming. Of course it didn't happen and we can now understand that Jesus had some sort of chemical imbalance in the brain that our modern drugs would be able to cure. Either that or a six month course of ECT to get him back working on some useful carpentry projects. He must have been horrified at the dove joint in that cross he was nailed to.

As for morality then we have "human rights". They don't come from any religion. You just treeat people the way you hope they will treat you and form that into a code for people to follow. religion might have stolen these ideas but not invented them.

If "The Spirit" or "spirits" exist and are real then they had better do something spectacular to prove their existence or STFU. I am a lump of meat until these spirits prove otherwise.

I don't think Christianity can be reduced to a social control mechanism to weaken societies to the predations of oligarchs. Read the sermon on the mount sometime.

Just as positive you have no more soul than a ribeye on a dinner plate, I am sure the core of my being transcends this plane.

If you are convinced you are mere matter, so it will be for you. Remember we create our world, we paint it with our belief. The prime example is the quantum physics experiments that show phenomenon changing based on the presence of an observer.

I doubt you are at peace, you hold a lot of anger in your heart. Remember, God is love.

Not at all, this is another in the "false dichotomy" series posted recently. My comments reflect on the philosophical underpinnings of science.

Empiricism is a highly useful tool but as with ANY tool has its limitations. Too often the philisophical limits of empiricism are overlooked as a result of enthusiasm for the technological lifestyles that have resulted from it. This is especially true among those given to a less philosophic "bent".

The discussion is well known among scientific circles and frequently results in friendly debates among participants with conflicting philosophies. The issues are less well-understood outside the scientific and philosophic communities.

Fundamentally the discourse deals with the meaning of ideas and to what extent those ideas may be logically relied upon.

Mark A. Baker

So the *problem* about empiricism, and how it's limitations are too overlooked
has a *well known" discussion going on about it among scientific circles.

That's reassuring, I was thinking that nobody knew about it.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
So the *problem* about empiricism, and how it's limitations are too overlooked
has a *well known" discussion going on about it among scientific circles.

That's reassuring, I was thinking that nobody knew about it.

The first Scientist who delivers the ultimate 'KnowHowToKnow' will so shock the Scientific Community that they forget where they left their car keys, while Elron's minions pillage the fortress of Wog.

Zinj

The first Scientist who delivers the ultimate 'KnowHowToKnow' will so shock the Scientific Community that they forget where they left their car keys, while Elron's minions pillage the fortress of Wog.

Zinj

It's already happened, haven't you heard? That scientist can also help you with that little thingy that's ruining yer life. Now why dont, you just have a look at this here book... ?

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
I don't think Christianity can be reduced to a social control mechanism to weaken societies to the predations of oligarchs. Read the sermon on the mount sometime.

Just as positive you have no more soul than a ribeye on a dinner plate, I am sure the core of my being transcends this plane.

If you are convinced you are mere matter, so it will be for you. Remember we create our world, we paint it with our belief. The prime example is the quantum physics experiments that show phenomenon changing based on the presence of an observer.

I doubt you are at peace, you hold a lot of anger in your heart. Remember, God is love.

If you think "God is love" then you can not be referring to the Christian God. You should say which. To find out more about the Christian God then do some reading of the Old Testament.

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2007/01/how-many-has-god-killed-complete-list.html

As for quantum physics then there is a lot of confusion about "an observer" having an effect on the universe. It is all to do with "information". If a state is constrained, such that it must take a on value and so provide information, then this has a knock-on effect. There does not have to be a living being involved in this.