What's new

Zinjifar (Joe Lynn) has passed away

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I was a scientologist for over 15 years and never suffered from lack of sleep or deficient diet. Maybe you are talking about sea org members rather than "scientologists"?

Also, it would be interesting if you could show us these statistics you mention. It's the first I've heard of scientologists having shorter life expectancies.
Depends. At one point I was on Org staff, and working a full time day job. After a while the lack of sleep takes its toll.

Public who get onto Solo NOTs can also face massive pressure to pay for all the 6-month sec checks and such. Before that point its easier. I could be a "submarine Scientologist", surfacing to do a level or a course, then "Dive, Dive, Dive" back into being invisible by living far from an org.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Depends. At one point I was on Org staff, and working a full time day job. After a while the lack of sleep takes its toll.

Public who get onto Solo NOTs can also face massive pressure to pay for all the 6-month sec checks and such. Before that point its easier. I could be a "submarine Scientologist", surfacing to do a level or a course, then "Dive, Dive, Dive" back into being invisible by living far from an org.
"Depends". That was my point entirely. The post I was replying to said that scientologists have deficient diet and sleep and shorter life expectancies. It made no allowance for the fact that "scientologists" can be sea org or staff or public and "public" can be subdivided into various categories depending on their level of participation.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
and I witnessed Paula Quigley in Scientology age 17 to her death at 60 at ASHO and the Scientologists never even claimed her body at the LA Morgue the SCUM OF THE EARTH THAT THEY ARE, but they did manage to clean out her apartment of her possessions
Wow. That really sucks. I think the Scientology "system" has to take some blame for this - presumably there is no policy on dealing with deceased ex-SO, and no budget for it anyway. But even so, you would think that someone in the org where she worked would take it upon themselves to solicit donos from public for a burial for her. They collect donos for everything else, ffs. If I was still org public, I'd be more likely to donate for a comrade's burial than for the renovation of some empty building.

The only consolation I take from hearing stories like this is knowing that the Church of Scientology now make it REALLY OBVIOUS to anyone who cares to look that it doesn't give a fuck about its own people. They are just human resources, as far as it is concerned.

Kevin Osborne

Posted by Michelle Wentling on Facebook
Michelle:
It is with a heavy heart to share that my dear friend, Joe Lynn aka Zinjifar has passed away last night.
Our sincerest condolences go to his wife and also my close friend, Patti Thompson and all Family

++++++++++++++

I believe he was a prolific poster on ESMB and many here may know him. NO info on what happened
or if he was ailing before passing. RIP

Last edited:

Kevin Osborne

It has been many moons since I checked to see how thing were with people I used to know on the board. Zinj sent me "Seven Days in May" long ago through Amazon and I was supposed to send him my little writing and never did. Hopefully he has forgiven me that neglect and is in a better place than the muck we now call civilization.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Does anyone know what ever became of Smilla or Gadfly?
Fantastic contributions to the board and then suddenly, poof, gone without a trace.
Hey Dag, they retired peacefully from the board and moved on to other things. No hard feelings involved.

You are right. They were both great contributors here and were/are missed.

Life goes on, hey?

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Hey Dag, they retired peacefully from the board and moved on to other things. No hard feelings involved.

You are right. They were both great contributors here and were/are missed.

Life goes on, hey?
Yeah, I think people sort of graduate from the ex thing when they achieve a huge amount of separation from all things Scientology related and move on.
Then there are those who feel they spend too many of their dwindling days on earth posting about, reading about and thinking about Scientology and just give it a "that's it!" and move on with their lives.
In both cases proof that the therapeutic aspect of the message board does work with the EP being that people finally move on...
The big win for me here was in finding out who the true sources of Scientology "tech" actually were, at which point it's deep tap root into my psyche seems to have withered away.
My days here may possibly be coming to an end likewise but I'm just feeling my way along, no point in being hasty.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I think many of us still hang here because we've built a community and just enjoy each other. I get the impression that for many of us scientology is the last thing we want to think about or discuss but we try to in case newbies are wanting to chat about it. I just stay logged in nowadays and glance at the board every so often throughout my day to see if any recent posts grab my attention. Some people like to have a TV or radio on as a kind of background to their day ... I prefer ESMB but on the day it stops being fun I expect I'll wander off.

Does anyone know what ever became of Smilla or Gadfly?
Fantastic contributions to the board and then suddenly, poof, gone without a trace.
Gadfly wrote a post saying (and I am paraphrasing) he was tired of essentially saying the same things over and over, and that people posting here never changed, and so he was done. Or something similar.

There is a way to search ESMB with google and perhaps you can find his parting post.

Mimsey

Gib

Crusader
Yeah, I think people sort of graduate from the ex thing when they achieve a huge amount of separation from all things Scientology related and move on.
Then there are those who feel they spend too many of their dwindling days on earth posting about, reading about and thinking about Scientology and just give it a "that's it!" and move on with their lives.
In both cases proof that the therapeutic aspect of the message board does work with the EP being that people finally move on...
The big win for me here was in finding out who the true sources of Scientology "tech" actually were, at which point it's deep tap root into my psyche seems to have withered away.
My days here may possibly be coming to an end likewise but I'm just feeling my way along, no point in being hasty.
I don't know about you, but I'm having fun exposing Hubbard's rhetoric, or his means of persuasion thru logos, pathos and ethos. It's quite fascinating once you understand those concepts.