What's new

Movie Review - Jack Reacher: Never Look Back (SPOILERS)

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Movie Review - Jack Reacher: Never Look Back (SPOILERS).

In the most challenging role of his long film career, Tom Cruise gives an Oscar worthy performance as a man who cares about the girl who he believes is, or at least might be, his daughter.

Playing a character that is obviously far more challenging, far more of a stretch, and clearly less realistic than his prior roles as a vampire, samurai, spy, naval aviator, and rock star, Cruise abandons the girl only after he learns she is not his daughter.

As a result, there is strong buzz that THIS will be the role that earns Cruise his first Academy Award.

EDITED TO ADD MORE DETAIL:

In the movie Tom Cruise, playing the character of Jack Reacher in a transcendent Oscar worthy performance, learns that a 15 year-old girl may be his daughter, and he cares about her. He abandons her to hit the road only after he learns she is not his daughter.

At the end of the movie, she hugs him before he leaves and sneaks a cell phone into his pocket without his knowledge. She later texts him, "Have you missed me yet?" He smiles at the text. He does not text her back.

The end.

Last edited:
Here is a fun bit with James Corden and Tom Cruise - I thought it was going to be quite cringe worthy - but it made me laugh. Mimsey

[video=youtube;ytEgqN-BdKA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytEgqN-BdKA[/video]

The_Fixer

Class Clown
All I can say, as a fan of the Jack Reacher novels, Jack Reacher is 6'5". All I'm sayin', yo.

I've read most of them too and Jack never jumps on couches or tells you to put your ethics in.

He doesn't salute silly little dwarvish megalomaniacs and he didn't have 3 (ex) wives either......

Just sayin'....