What's new

Garry Scarff, 1956-2017: A complex figure and dogged researcher

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

Garry Scarff, 1956-2017: A complex figure and dogged researcher

Thanks to Jeffrey Augustine, we received confirmation Monday night that Garry Scarff died on April 12 at the age of 60, apparently without notice in the Scientology critic community.

That’s a shame, because for all of the bizarre — and questionable — chapters of his life, Scarff was, at least to us, one [...]

Thanks to Jeffrey[.......]

Continue reading...

failboat

Patron with Honors
394Qm3p.gif

He wouldn't have done this for me, but I will do it for him.

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
Garry Scarff had great shame and inner conflict that he had been a flip-flopper. He was a good researcher and had some training as a paralegal and was great at Internet research.
Some years ago Janet Reitman had a book signing event for her book "Inside Scientology". Jeff and I went along with Garry Scarff. Garry identified 6 OSA spies at the event..it was FUN FUN FUN. Fly high Garry RIP.

Janet.smurf.png

In fact the person pretending to study books on the shelf in background..Garry knew his name, he had previously showed up at ANON events and was an OSA bot.​

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I had my good & bad times with Garry, I think most people did. Under it all I believe he had a good heart & tried to do what he could to make right his wrongs.

I will miss him.

RIP Smurf. :rose:

Lone Star

Crusader
I've been missing Garry here for a long time. I've missed seeing that Smurf avatar and then seeing what it was he was saying, because it was usually either informative, entertaining, or both.

Remember how he would call someone "Skippy" when he was basically telling that person he was full of shit? Like, "Hold on Skippy that's not......" Or, "Calm down Skippy..." Loved it!

I especially loved it when he would go out with his camera and mix it up with his old OSA "pals" on location. He really knew how to push their buttons and enjoyed doing it. LOL...

It was a privilege to see him work whether from a keyboard or a camera.

To Smurf: :cheers:

Last edited:

RogerB

Crusader
Ahhh, I always wondered who the genius was behind that wonderful avatar and fun nic!

Question now answered . . . what a wonderful fun smile he has there above that big belly! :p

Go well, Smurf! You deserve the best to be had.

R

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
Didn't know him personally. Loved his videos of him ragging the people at, was it DC org? Incisive humour. I wasn't aware of his past in OSA, but he seemed to be doing a good job of critiquing the church in the videos I saw. RIP.