What's new

Hubbard’s ‘Brainwashing Manual’ — how a crude Scientology hoax became a far-right touchstone

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Underground Bunker

Hubbard’s ‘Brainwashing Manual’ — how a crude Scientology hoax became a far-right touchstone

[Kenneth Goff, left, and George Putnam]

Chris Owen continues his two-part series today with a look at what became of L. Ron Hubbard’s hoax, a “Brainwashing Manual” that he pretended had been written by a Soviet academic. Yesterday, Chris traced the origins of the hoax. Today, he looks at its lasting implications.

L. Ron Hubbard’s [...]

[.......]

Continue reading...

Veda

Sponsor

tumblr_ld50v7q6tn1qabw68o1_400.gif

Hubbard was the originator of a hoax that took on a life of its own in the world of the political far right.

The details of that are certainly novel and amusing, and somewhat disturbing.

However, more interesting, and much more important, is that this hoax was recognized, in the mid 1960s, by the Australian Anderson Commission, as a kind of blueprint for Scientology.

It's the smoking gun that shows that Hubbard, from the very beginning, knew exactly what he was doing:

"Asserting and maintaining dominion over thoughts and loyalties... through mental healing."

Hubbard's Method of Operation (and secret policy) of "using enemy tactics" was applied not only to his enemies, but to his own loyal followers. This use was first observed by some perceptive early Dianeticists - soon to become ex-Dianeticists - during the early 1950s.

This M.O. left the Scientologists defenseless as they knew that Hubbard (their "greatest friend") would never do to them what he had described the bad guys as doing.

An old confidence man trick.

Brainwashing-front.jpg

When Scientologists were shown the mysteriously discovered "Russian" manual, it was unthinkable that most of its ideas and methods would eventually be used, by Hubbard, on them.​

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased
There's another thing at play here and it's sort of the broken clock being right thing. The facts are that Soviet propaganda was/is used to this day. It was the Cold War and things like the Manchurian Candidate were done and are done to this day.

We went through the McCarthy era, very reminiscent of Hubbard, and we're in the midst of one again.

I can also see this ploy in the NOI recently. Modern feminism is toxic, it is destructive. Rap lyrics are catastrophic and anti cultural and especially destructive to blacks.

The answer? Hate Jews and Whites and shack up to the Nation of Islam.

Some of that hoax book is based on real Soviet ploys. Just enough to get legs of its own.

"Rap lyrics are catastrophic and anti cultural and especially destructive to blacks." Are you for real? I thought I'd do a quick search about NOI eschewing rap to divine if this was your idea or NOI's. I came up with this:

"Islam has a varied and complex relationship with popular music. While some interpretations of the Quran lead observers to believe music is sinful, many devout followers embrace and preach their faith through music, namely hip-hop."

https://mic.com/articles/120901/7-muslim-rappers-who-embrace-their-faith-through-hip-hop#.w0kgK5qpu

Or you can read this: https://books.google.com/books?id=7SpIDQAAQBAJ&pg=PA201&lpg=PA201&dq=what+does+NOI+think+about+rap?&source=bl&ots=J9ItTz1h88&sig=a0DpITDCn9S4sDxAU7biP5GABjQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjOhaiq8MffAhUDJnwKHeWhBNQQ6AEwEXoECAgQAQ#v=onepage&q=what does NOI think about rap?&f=false

Assuming that this is your idea - holy shit.

I take it you have an extremely limited understanding of rap - maybe a cracker limited view point. You should perhaps check some out, with lyrics - they aren't all about anti-cultural messages.

Check this one out for instance:

TomKat

Patron Meritorious
I take it you have an extremely limited understanding of rap - maybe a cracker limited view point. You should perhaps check some out, with lyrics - they aren't all about anti-cultural messages.

A little off-topic, but I'm continually struck that we live in a culture where technology keeps evolving and artistic talent devolving. This guy's not even a rapper by 80s standards and mashing with Stevie Wonder just illustrates Coolio's lack of talent.

guanoloco

As-Wased
"Rap lyrics are catastrophic and anti cultural and especially destructive to blacks." Are you for real? I thought I'd do a quick search about NOI eschewing rap to divine if this was your idea or NOI's. I came up with this:

"Islam has a varied and complex relationship with popular music. While some interpretations of the Quran lead observers to believe music is sinful, many devout followers embrace and preach their faith through music, namely hip-hop."

https://mic.com/articles/120901/7-muslim-rappers-who-embrace-their-faith-through-hip-hop#.w0kgK5qpu

Or you can read this: https://books.google.com/books?id=7SpIDQAAQBAJ&pg=PA201&lpg=PA201&dq=what+does+NOI+think+about+rap?&source=bl&ots=J9ItTz1h88&sig=a0DpITDCn9S4sDxAU7biP5GABjQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjOhaiq8MffAhUDJnwKHeWhBNQQ6AEwEXoECAgQAQ#v=onepage&q=what does NOI think about rap?&f=false

Assuming that this is your idea - holy shit.

Read to your heart's desire.

http://researchminister.com/the-dea...B2AUlHuiAZrd_aoXSBGCwBJr58YBevlrrYFwAIkOohw8E

If you think Hip Hop has been a positive deal I can just imagine the social benefits of Heavy Metal. Why, just think of that wonderful uplifting Guns N Roses song "Sweet Child O' Mine".

That's your equivalency.

A little off-topic, but I'm continually struck that we live in a culture where technology keeps evolving and artistic talent devolving. This guy's not even a rapper by 80s standards and mashing with Stevie Wonder just illustrates Coolio's lack of talent.
I don't know that I agree with you, though I am not by any stretch of the imagination an expert on rap - you realize I presume, Stevie approved the use of his music after insisting Coolio remove the profanity, and liked the result? I think a lot of music is derivative and there is a dearth of new concepts, but isn't that the nature of most anything? Copies of copies?

Perhaps you can post some better examples of rap that is not destructive of blacks?

Mimsey

Last edited:
I don't think you could consider GnR heavy metal though - that's more like Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax, etc. What about "Sweet Child O' Mine" don't you like? It is a wonderful song. Sheesh. Mimsey

Maybe this is more of what you would prefer as an example of uplifting rock music?

Last edited:

guanoloco

As-Wased
I don't think you could consider GnR heavy metal though - that's more like Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax, etc. What about "Sweet Child O' Mine" don't you like? It is a wonderful song. Sheesh. Mimsey

It's the whole point, Mimsey. Right over your head. You pick out 1 song that is positive out of the whole repertoire that is loaded with drugs, drinking and sex and abuse. Don't get me wrong I have every album up to the Use Your Illusions and listen to a lot of it.

Do you think it's a positive influence? A steady diet of this is good? The people that idolized this and emulated the lifestyle were they healthy in character?

There's a surface social acceptance reality and then there's reality that is beyond the veneer. The reality is that this lifestyle is destructive and dysfunctional to the extreme. Hard Rock, Heavy Metal whatever you want to call it...Grunge and various spins offs is drug worship culture. Hip Hop is gang banging.

Look at the list of overdoses in rock and the list of deaths from shootings for rappers. What the lists don't include are those who almost overdosed and those who recovered from being shot. It's nihilistic.****

If you think any of that is something to base a culture on then I'll just hold this up to a mirror: I take it you have an extremely limited understanding of rap - maybe a cracker limited view point. You should perhaps check some out, with lyrics - they aren't all about anti-cultural messages.

It's a super superficial statement. My close friends who are black get pissed off at the SJW crap that rap and Hip Hop is "black" culture. That's equivalent to saying heavy metal is "white" culture. That means that Beavis and Butthead would be the extent of "white" culture...ignorant...sex-focused and massive underachievers...licking toads to get high. It's a slam...not a compliment.

Here's to Mimsey oh-so-enlightened un-cracker and being "white"!

giphy.gif

beavis-butthead-805x427.jpg

Notice the AC/DC and Metallica shirts.

****adjective: nihilistic - rejecting all religious and moral principles in the belief that life is meaningless. "an embittered, nihilistic teenager"

Last edited:

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Maybe this is more of what you would prefer as an example of uplifting rock music?

Yeah, I prefer the Turtles.

guanoloco

As-Wased

You didn't read the link. Once again. You never read it or even clicked on it. That's consistent with you and something you consistently blame others for being guilty of. I'll post it again.

http://researchminister.com/the-dea...B2AUlHuiAZrd_aoXSBGCwBJr58YBevlrrYFwAIkOohw8E

Hi Bill - where have you been hiding? I missed your shining rays of wisdom peeping from the clouds of pejorative comments I seem to engender. Mimsey

You didn't read the link. Once again. You never read it or even clicked on it. That's consistent with you and something you consistently blame others for being guilty of. I'll post it again.

Oh Paf - I did click on it and scanned it, but haven't given it the study you apparently desire. I did notice that this is hardly a vast statistic of condemnation: "Of the top 1000 popular songs they studied, 18% referenced illicit drugs and 17% referenced alcohol. Another report found that, of 258 popular music videos, 20% verbally referenced illicit drugs and 37% displayed alcohol. In every case, marijuana was the illicit drug most commonly represented."

Speaking of blowing off references - did you ever watch the video I PMed you?

I was also unaware that rock culture was defined by Bevis and Butthead, so I am grateful in your passing on that sublime knowledge, and can die happy.
Mimsey

guanoloco

As-Wased
Oh Paf - I did click on it and scanned it, but haven't given it the study you apparently desire. I did notice that this is hardly a vast statistic of condemnation: "Of the top 1000 popular songs they studied, 18% referenced illicit drugs and 17% referenced alcohol. Another report found that, of 258 popular music videos, 20% verbally referenced illicit drugs and 37% displayed alcohol. In every case, marijuana was the illicit drug most commonly represented."

Speaking of blowing off references - did you ever watch the video I PMed you?

I was also unaware that rock culture was defined by Bevis and Butthead, so I am grateful in your passing on that sublime knowledge, and can die happy.
Mimsey

The point is that it is the NOI. Not the stats. The NOI is saying the Jew is responsible for the Hip Hop garbage. It's not my theory.