What's new

The Little Thread Which Grew - the Apollo '73 to Everything But

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkwdblds

Crusader
When they reach the knees, its time to call it a day

My mind is not what it once was. I cannot imagine living that long. I wouldn't know who I was anymore. 106? 96?

:giggle: I couldn't resist.

bnmhg.jpg

Hats, I was thinking that when they reach the floor, its time to go but then that seemed way too long. How about when they go below the knee cap, its time to call it a day!

Growing up as a kid, my current age, 71, was usually personified by a bent over emaciated person who could barely see or hear and whose mind had very limited capacity. Being 71 myself, I am not finding this to be the case at all. I have all my faculties and am physically strong (can curl 80 lbs. 4 times with one hand) and do not have body pains.

There were two issues which I have but they are both under control using standard Western medicine, those are a tendency to have clogged arteries and some issues with the prostate gland. The prostate was permanently handled using cryotherapy in Sept, 2008 and the blood pressure and tendency for clogged arteries is controlled successfully by daily doses of prescription drugs.

The prescription drugs are messing up my short term memory to some degree but, thank God, my long term memory is not at all effected by them and is even getting sharper as I age.

WEIGHT - I am way over weight, a good 50 lbs. My heart doctor says he will wean me off the prescription drugs if I lose 45 or 50 lbs. It is hard for me to release weight, I have done it successfully before but way back in 1994, dropping from 240 down to 200 on Weight Watchers. These days, I just haven't been able to confront going on a strict weight loss program.

EYE CANDY? - I went to a nice Mediterannean restaurant in Anaheim Hills, Rosines, with Candy and my ex wife Wednesday night! This is the first time they met. See my next post below for what happened.

There was a table with 6 young women between our table and the restaurant's front door. Candy had me wear a suit with an open collar, no tie. I noticed that as we were being seated, two of the women were checking me out, especially one who was was an attractive blond. These women all looked to be in their late 20's to early 30's. One in particular was facing our table and everytime I looked up, she was making eye contact with me.

I got up twice, once to go to the door and meet Evy and lead her to our table when she walked in and once to go to the restroom. Both times, two or three of those women were tracking me as I walked by, especially the blonde who was making continuous eye contact. I don't get it! I know that when I am dressed up and my hair is combed the right way, I am attractive to some women but I didn't expect to be eyed by these young ladies to the degree they were eying me, especially being as heavy as I am.

Photo of me and my two beautiful female companions and me.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...7&set=a.135224926541242.26264.100001612069586

This is posted on Facebook so you can only view it if you are signed up with Facebook. I will attempt to put up a non Facebook photograph.

If I could take off 50 lbs, I actually believe that I could go to Happy Hours around town or Mixers put on by the local Chambers of Commerce, as I did in my 20's and 30's and successfully hustle attractive women in their late 20's on up.

I THINK THAT MAY BE MY LITMUS TEST FOR WHEN IT IS TIME TO DIE
When the ladies stop paying attention, that may be the time to check out and call it a day! In the meantime, there is still plenty of gas in the tank a age 71!!!
Gary Hart

Last edited:

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
The funny thing about this is that the same people who "feared" for the future of ESMB and spread the rumours about Mike Laws, are now promoting a new FZ board and trying to get everyone to leave ESMB because its "not safe anymore". I truly doubt Mike Laws was invited :)

The more I look at this the more I see this whole "Mike Laws" thing as an excuse to paint ESMB as dangerous and infiltrated so as to move the FZ community away from ESMB into a "safer environment" - one AWAY from the truth about Scientology that so many do not wish to face or risk their future clientele of being exposed to.

This is amusing to me as it is the very thing they were accusing Mike Laws of trying to do for Marty & Mike. Or Maybe they are scared that Marty will take all their paying customers?

Amusingly, I don't see Marty as being one bit interested in tackling Capt Bills flying saucer sekret levels.

I'd like to add that I have nothing against a new and better FZ board, I hate the format of those yahoo groups. I wish it every success. But folks, its not a competition.

I fully agree with you here, Emma. I joined the other board after I was invited to but I find it difficult to navigate and would miss all the spice of diverse viewpoints that we have here. I would much rather this board simply cleaned up a bit and we got back to the standards of common decency that any civilised community needs in order to function. This has been lacking a little of late.

Many of the slaggers have flipped too thoroughly over to the opposite side and can only scream about how bad it all is and that there is no good whatsoever in Scio at all ever anywhere. All ability to think intelligently and objactively is as absent now as it was when they got into Scio in the first place. If these guys would just calm down a little and learn to live and let live then I think things would improve rapidly. Us techies and Scinos tend to keep to ourselves anyway and do not seek to push our views onto anyone. We just discuss.

Free Being Me

Crusader
try this alternative

http://www.freezoneamerica.org/forum/

it is the beginning notes that will be put to the symphony

in other words. sign on and play.

Another pro-$cio site :melodramatic: :duh: :no:
http://www.freezoneamerica.org/forum/
doh-homer-simpson.jpg

Why bother, $ci is debunked.

What I find ironic is that the slaggers and degraders have had exactly the effect on this board that the person they slag the most - LRH - predicted that such people would always have on an area where they were let loose. What gowes arouns comes around.

I would suggest that a facility be installed into the software on this board so that the guy who starts a thread - its "host" - be allowed to monitor that particular thread and delete any post he considers unwanted, and also to block any person he wants to from posting on his thread. This way the slaggers can have their free seech on their own threads - which the rest of us can ignore, and the decent threads can remain up tone.

I am a slagger and degrader of $cientology. I take pride in this newly bestowed title. Thanks :thumbsup: I must disagree with the concept of a "host" member starting a thread, exercising the power to block and/or delete unwanted (in their opinion) posts here at ESMB.

You suggest censoring thread content yet state the slaggers can have "free speech on there own threads". You don't want free speech on "your" threads? If you see some statement you wish to reply to outside of your threads a "host" member could then block/delete YOUR statement. Who actually owns a thread?

IMO, this is not only completely ironic but contrary to the very nature of an open message board.

*lkwdblds, I saw your reply and agree with you.

I fully agree with you here, Emma. I joined the other board after I was invited to but I find it difficult to navigate and would miss all the spice of diverse viewpoints that we have here. I would much rather this board simply cleaned up a bit and we got back to the standards of common decency that any civilised community needs in order to function. This has been lacking a little of late.

Many of the slaggers have flipped too thoroughly over to the opposite side and can only scream about how bad it all is and that there is no good whatsoever in Scio at all ever anywhere. All ability to think intelligently and objactively is as absent now as it was when they got into Scio in the first place. If these guys would just calm down a little and learn to live and let live then I think things would improve rapidly. Us techies and Scinos tend to keep to ourselves anyway and do not seek to push our views onto anyone. We just discuss.

Let's put this in the proper context here. I posted a not so flattering response to a new pro-$cio site being advertised here in this thread.

Your response Leon, is that the thread starter have moderator powers to delete and block unwanted posts and people in the future.

My response is that individual powers once granted stifle the true nature of ESMB. Such a system is unrealistic and wide open to abuse and discrimination. Creating threads for a "members only clubs" isn't free speech (free speech as defined by the board rules to post here).

I post a derisive comment regarding a pro-$cio site and now the sky is falling. :hmm:

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
EYE CANDY? - I went to a nice Mediterannean restaurant in Anaheim Hills, Rosines, with Candy and my ex wife Wednesday night! This is the first time they met. See my next post below for what happened.

There was a table with 6 young women between our table and the restaurant's front door. Candy had me wear a suit with an open collar, no tie. I noticed that as we were being seated, two of the women were checking me out, especially one who was was an attractive blond. These women all looked to be in their late 20's to early 30's. One in particular was facing our table and everytime I looked up, she was making eye contact with me.

I got up twice, once to go to the door and meet Evy and lead her to our table when she walked in and once to go to the restroom. Both times, two or three of those women were tracking me as I walked by, especially the blonde who was making continuous eye contact. I don't get it! I know that when I am dressed up and my hair is combed the right way, I am attractive to some women but I didn't expect to be eyed by these young ladies to the degree they were eying me, especially being as heavy as I am.

Photo of me and my two beautiful female companions and me.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...7&set=a.135224926541242.26264.100001612069586

This is posted on Facebook so you can only view it if you are signed up with Facebook. I will attempt to put up a non Facebook photograph.

If I could take off 50 lbs, I actually believe that I could go to Happy Hours around town or Mixers put on by the local Chambers of Commerce, as I did in my 20's and 30's and successfully hustle attractive women in their late 20's on up.

I THINK THAT MAY BE MY LITMUS TEST FOR WHEN IT IS TIME TO DIE
When the ladies stop paying attention, that may be the time to check out and call it a day! In the meantime, there is still plenty of gas in the tank a age 71!!!
Gary Hart

There's only one word for you Gary, and that is V-A-I-N.

LOL. Go and look at the Tone Scale. Somewhere on it you'll find something that reads "Needing approval from bodies". That's you. Do something about it.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Let's put this in the proper context here. I posted a not so flattering response to a new pro-$cio site being advertised here in this thread.

Your response Leon, is that the thread starter have moderator powers to delete and block unwanted posts and people in the future.

My response is that individual powers once granted stifle the true nature of ESMB. Such a system is unrealistic and wide open to abuse and discrimination. Creating threads for a "members only clubs" isn't free speech (free speech as defined by the board rules to post here).

I post a derisive comment regarding a pro-$cio site and now the sky is falling. :hmm:

Any confusion you have about this is yours. Not mine.

Terril park

Sponsor
The funny thing about this is that the same people who "feared" for the future of ESMB and spread the rumours about Mike Laws, are now promoting a new FZ board and trying to get everyone to leave ESMB because its "not safe anymore". I truly doubt Mike Laws was invited :)

The more I look at this the more I see this whole "Mike Laws" thing as an excuse to paint ESMB as dangerous and infiltrated so as to move the FZ community away from ESMB into a "safer environment" - one AWAY from the truth about Scientology that so many do not wish to face or risk their future clientele of being exposed to.

This is amusing to me as it is the very thing they were accusing Mike Laws of trying to do for Marty & Mike. Or Maybe they are scared that Marty will take all their paying customers?

Amusingly, I don't see Marty as being one bit interested in tackling Capt Bills flying saucer sekret levels.

I'd like to add that I have nothing against a new and better FZ board, I hate the format of those yahoo groups. I wish it every success. But folks, its not a competition.

Think you got it wrong. A rare happening. But shit we are all in a very complicated situation.

Carmelo, bless his socks and soul, was offended by the banning of Zinj and Alanzo. And the possible banning of good twin which I gather was self imposed, and possibly not a fact.

He decided to resurrect an old FZ public forum on " Freezone Amarica."
This was trashed some years ago. That in itself is a worthy cause. Its not a yahoo group, its accessible to all.

Don't think it will adversely affect ESMB at all.

I see ESMB as the premiere safest place for those leaving COS to
come to.

The fact is that " Freezone" dosn't come up on internet searches of Scientology.

Sadly since you've prohibited my posting of success stories, people arriving to my forum is much lower. People arriving to more stringent KSW forums is if
anything growing.

ESMB paints COS as dangerous. I'm with that.

Please say more.

A Question for YOUR PRIVATE Contemplation: How had YOUR prior actions led to Emma's decision to discontinue freezone success stories on esmb?

Don't bother responding on the board as it isn't a topic of interest to the community at large.

Mark A. Baker
p.s. In case you are concerned about the potential for a tech violation, I have no problem with you "introverting" on this question, BB. In fact, it just might do you some good.

Emma,

to put this in a little perspective starting with when I was in the Co$.

Daisy, who is on ESMb and her best friend worked at my wife's school circa 1976. We had a term for Daisy's best friend. It was a general term for many Scientologists. The term was "panter" - like Pavlov's dogs. Someone who didn't think for themselves regarding Scientology. If it was written, it was true. We didn't share any of our thoughts about Scientology with her, because she would have compared what we said to what LRH said, and concluded that we were SPs at best.

We left the church of strong arm tactics and greed in 1976.

By 1980 there were tapes and newsletters flowing around. We shoved them all into friends' hands. One couple, who I gave incendiary material to ended up divorcing. She went into the Sea Org (where she still is), and he, after a couple of years of grief over the break up of his marriage and the betrayal of Scientology, committed suicide.

Over the years I've supported the beginning of formerscio, currently a quiet yahoo group, the IVy list (the publisher, who I've audited off and on for years), and several current yahoo groups. One dropped me for not being standard.

FreezoneAmerica.org has been around for about a decade. There was a forum there for some years, by which many people left the Co$. For most of its life, FreezoneAmerica.org has been run by Mike Hunsaker. For some years he was badgered, followed, and dirty tricked by the Co$. For the past couple of years, even before the Oct, 2009 Freezone convention in Pasadena, we had been talking about getting a chat board back up there or on FreezoneEarth.org. Whn you mentioned that you might be closing ESMB, we decided to get an alternative ready. It was more or less ready when things started getting upset here.

It seemed a perfect time to start (or restart) another destination.

At the moment there seems to be about one new member a day. There are perhaps three dozen posts, all quite vanilla. It's a start. By comparison, I made 8 posts on ESMB yesterday. Whatever the FreezoneAmerica.com forum becomes, it won't take away from ESMB.

In the US, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Starbucks, Peet's, Jamba Juice, and other fast food places all locate close to one another because they have found it more profitable to be among other comparable choices. It is better than standing alone.

I welcome M & M, anonymous, Standard Tech folk, and squirrels (like myself) to the exe mix.

The idea that I would be soft pedalling abuse in the Co$ is ludicrous.

Last edited:

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
A Question for YOUR PRIVATE Contemplation: How had YOUR prior actions led to Emma's decision to discontinue freezone success stories on esmb?

Don't bother responding on the board as it isn't a topic of interest to the community at large.

Mark A. Baker
p.s. In case you are concerned about the potential for a tech violation, I have no problem with you "introverting" on this question, BB. In fact, it just might do you some good.

I would bet that BB is unintrovertable. It is a marvelous trait.

Free Being Me

Crusader
What I find ironic is that the slaggers and degraders have had exactly the effect on this board that the person they slag the most - LRH - predicted that such people would always have on an area where they were let loose. What gowes arouns comes around.

I would suggest that a facility be installed into the software on this board so that the guy who starts a thread - its "host" - be allowed to monitor that particular thread and delete any post he considers unwanted, and also to block any person he wants to from posting on his thread. This way the slaggers can have their free seech on their own threads - which the rest of us can ignore, and the decent threads can remain up tone.

Any confusion you have about this is yours. Not mine.

I'm sorry, I must delete your last post as it isn't in the spirit of an up tone environment. Please don't be discouraged, we at uptonecensorship.com will continue to evaluate the up tone content of your future posts for censorship based on spur of the moment judgment.

If you are calling from a push button phone, please press 1.
If you wish to return to the menu list, please press 2.
If you wish to talk to a Customer Service Representative, please press 3 and stay on the line. Wait times from a few minutes to several days are not uncommon.

*Disclaimer-Due to up tone censorship restrictions, our C.S.R.'s aren't obligated to listen to complaints. Such complaints are contrary to an up tone environment.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Emma,

to put this in a little perspective starting with when I was in the Co$.

Daisy, who is on ESMb and her best friend worked at my wife's school circa 1976. We had a term for Daisy's best friend. It was a general term for many Scientologists. The term was "panter" - like Pavlov's dogs. Someone who didn't think for themselves regarding Scientology. If it was written, it was true. We didn't share any of our thoughts about Scientology with her, because she would have compared what we said to what LRH said, and concluded that we were SPs at best.

We left the church of strong arm tactics and greed in 1976.

By 1980 there were tapes and newsletters flowing around. We shoved the all into friends' hands. One couple, who I gave incendiary material to ended up divorcing. She went into the Sea Org (where she still is), and he, after a couple of years of grief over the break up of his marriage and the betrayal of Scientology, committed suicide.

Over the years I've supported the beginning of formerscio, currently a quiet yahoo group, the IVy list (the publisher, who I've audited off and on for years), and several current yahoo groups. One dropped me for not being standard.

FreezoneAmerica.org has been around for about a decade. There was a forum there for some years, by which many people left the Co$. For most of its life, FreezoneAmerica.org has been run by Mike Hunsaker. For some years he was badgered, followed, and dirty tricked by the Co$. For the past couple of years, even before the Oct, 2009 Freezone convention in Pasadena, we have been talking about getting a chat board back up there or on FreezoneEarth.org. Whn you mentioned that you might be closing ESMB, we decided to get an alternative ready. It was more or less ready when things started getting upset here.

It seemed a perfect time to start (or restart) another destination.

At the moment there seems to be about one new member a day. There are perhaps three dozen posts, all quite vanilla. It's a start. By comparison, I made 8 posts on ESMB yesterday. Whatever the FreezoneAmerica.com forum becomes, it won't take away from ESMB.

In the US, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Starbucks, Peet's, Jamba Juice, and other fast food places all locate close to one another because they have found it more profitable to be among other comparable choices. It is better than standing alone.

I welcome M & M, anonymous, Standard Tech folk, and squirrels (like myself) to the exe mix.

The idea that I would be soft pedalling abuse in the Co4 is ludicrous.

Ok Carmello, your points are noted.

Truth be known I hope it takes off. I really believe that the reason there isn't more FZ discussion on FZ boards is because the format of those yahoo groups is really sucky.

I like Mike H and I hope more FZers join and make it a bustling hive of activity.

Ok Carmello, your points are noted.

Truth be known I hope it takes off. I really believe that the reason there isn't more FZ discussion on FZ boards is because the format of those yahoo groups is really sucky.

I like Mike H and I hope more FZers join and make it a bustling hive of activity.

Agreed,

using multi media (pictures, gifs, you tube videos, etc) adds multiple levels of quality and humor to the pallid writing of so many, who write, but have nothing to say.

I'm sorry, I must delete your last post as it isn't in the spirit of an up tone environment. Please don't be discouraged, we at uptonecensorship.com will continue to evaluate the up tone content of your future posts for censorship based on spur of the moment judgment.

If you are calling from a push button phone, please press 1.
If you wish to return to the menu list, please press 2.
If you wish to talk to a Customer Service Representative, please press 3 and stay on the line. Wait times from a few minutes to several days are not uncommon.

*Disclaimer-Due to up tone censorship restrictions, our C.S.R.'s aren't obligated to listen to complaints. Such complaints are contrary to an up tone environment.

Have you ever thought about doing or writing stand up comedy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6E9sJ6B-u8&feature=related

Last edited:

lkwdblds

Crusader
I think the term pro $cio needs to be better defined.

Free Being - I'm just curious as to your use of the term "pro $cio" as in a pro $cio site in your sentence directly above.

It seems to me that nearly everyone who posts here or on that other new site share in not backing the current C of S as run by DM and in fact being opposed to the DM run church. For the most part we are all anti the current C of S regime.

The next level down is the C of S when LRH ran it instead of DM. There are LRH loyalists here who still believe that the LRH run C of S was wonderful and LRH could do no wrong. Many others, including myself, consider that LRH had some good intentions in starting C of S and that in its earlier days the C of S was primarily established to help people and morphed into merely a money and power machine for LRH in its latter phases before he died. Still others think that LRH was bad from the start and always intended only to rip off and damage people so as to control them.

Then there is Scio tech itself, there are 3 basic camps there as well. One thinks it was pristine pure up until LRH died, another thinks it has both good tech and bad tech and a third group insists that it is all bad and has no merit.

Free Being, it seems to me, and correct me if I am wrong, that you believe that LRH never had anything but bad intentions and the intent to only weild power and amass money and further that all the tech he ever included in his Church is utterly worthless at best and harmful and damaging for the most part.

Anyone who does not share these exact sentiments of yours is then pro $cio and that is how you are using the term? Am I correct in reaching this conclusion? If not can you please define more specifically what you mean by the term pro $cio.
Lakey

Last edited:

Hatshepsut

Crusader
...The honor is mine mine mine mine all mine!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hey, Glamour Guy, :D I mean Gary. I got it! I've stolen the honor of being poster # 10,000 to the Apollo thread like you suggested earlier. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.