What's new

ESMB Poster "David Mayo"

Hatshepsut

Crusader
You can't tell all the good that someone did, ...

Looking back over the years, I have observed the following: In incredibly tough situations, and no matter the current policy, circumstances or duress involved, some people managed to retain their intelligence and compassion. No matter what pressure from above, the person tried to do their best and help, not harm, those under them or within their scope of influence. They managed to interpret policy or tech in a helpful, not harmful, manner.
The standout for me has always been my beloved husband of 28 years, David. (He'd blush if he had this post, so don't bring it to his attention.)

There are others: Allen Buchanon, who passed away 20 or so years ago, was one of the best people I have ever met. Kind, intelligent, and with a great sense of humour, he would listen tirelessly and try to come up with smart solutions, even under stress. He was truly beloved by his staff, coworkers and friends. We miss him.

I gotta say I have thought that many times over the years. There is a sad lack of character in our world these days. It seems that if you can consider that your criminal activity at least benefitted 'some' group then you're not a black hat. Especially if nobody's lookin. When I get on my soap box about this world I just remind myself of David Mayo. Sounds maybe sappy but... There probably isn't one amongst us that hasn't mentally, through our disillusionments, judged the 'worth' of that which he have living on this planet. For those of us characterized as misanthropes we envision our grannies, our pets, our plants, the animals of Africa...(.and DAVID) on the good side of the ledger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatitudes

http://www.bibletruths.net/archives/BTAR371.htm

(It's Easter after all)

Last edited:

chuckbeatty

Patron with Honors
Very true Chuck. The current regime is oblivious to how easy it would be to turn around the whole thing.

Doing it completely with "current policy" might be difficult though. The Suppressive Acts PL itself (the list of SP acts) is hopelessly long and useless at this point. And just the act of "declaring someone SP" based on that list is ridiculous, imo.

This following policy overrides incorrect SP declares. From the Intro to Scientology Ethics Book, 2007:

page 381 says:

“….This, then, is the primary breakdown of any justice system—that it acts on false reports, disciplines before substantiation and fails to confront an accused with the report and his accuser before any discipline is assigned, or which does not weigh the value of a person in general against the alleged crime even when proven.” - LRH

The key LAST phrase should be thought about carefully:

“……does not weigh the value of a person in general against the alleged crime even when proven…..”

There's been a very long duration fad of unjust SP declares, not challenged, but which factually have universally failed to weigh the contributions and value of the people being declared SP. .

Further on pages 382-3 it says how SP declares should be canceled:

“The Board can only cancel an action, directive or order which has been found to: a. Be impractical. b. Lower statistics. c. Cause contraction d. Result in an injustice. e. Violate basic LRH policy.” - LRH

Points d and e apply to almost every ex Scientologist who've been declared SP.

At some point, I imagine some saner Int Management person will order a blanket cancellation of all the the unjust SP declares, and include this in an International Amnesty. If I were the God of Scientology, or allowed to be "King for the day" it'd be my first day's work!

But you're right, since so much other LRH policy dovetails with the control point, like the running of the steps A to E. A person who is a real SP wouldn't ever offer to do steps A to E. I believe LRH has issued a fair amount of unjust SP declares himself, but that is no reason to unjustly apply the rules.

Scientology is stuck with its rules, and they will have to act saner than even LRH's bad example, to stop causing such a trail of disgruntled ex members.

The looser non heavy ethics atmosphere of the splinter Scientology groups, is the way official Scientology SHOULD move. There are some loophole policies that allow moving that direction.

Rather than the splinter groups model of scientology ethics, which is not a known set of rules or principles or agreed upon alteration of scientology ethics anyway, why not follow the wog model and ditch the lot?

Veda

Sponsor
Speaking only for myself, I am not in the least intersted in making Hubbard's cult system "workable." I do not want "just" "SP Declares."

Scientology has been a cult since the 1960s, probably earlier.

"Handle or disconnect(ion)" of the "low toned" dates back to 1951, as does "dispose of quietly and without sorrow." "Ruin utterly" dates to 1955. "There are men dead because they attacked us," to 1959. "Have you ever had unkind thought about LRH," to 1961.

Need I go on?

Speaking only for myself, I am not in the least intersted in making Hubbard's cult system "workable." I do not want "just" "SP Declares."

Scientology has been a cult since the 1960s, probably earlier.

"Handle or disconnect(ion)" of the "low toned" dates back to 1951, as does "dispose of quietly and without sorrow." "Ruin utterly" dates to 1955. "There are men dead because they attacked us," to 1959. "Have you ever had unkind thought about LRH," to 1961.

Need I go on?

Sorry to say, but probably, yes.

MostlyLurker

Patron Meritorious
You'd think they'd have the good sense and the decency to show up naked for a rite like this. But no, not them.

Thanks for the answer on bird-dog. I assume from this then that David was either shagging ther guy's wives or routing Org business to the missions. Hmmm. Somehow I doubt it.

I doubt LRH was meaning just that. I think you underestimate the level of LRH and Scientology paranoia.

Here (link) is a post were Jesse Prince tells it was LRH ordering to get violent toward John Aczel and David Mayo.

Marty's reply is that it was DM feeding LRH with false reports, "Including the fact that Aczel and Mayo were clearly on the payroll of FBI and APA."

:melodramatic:

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for that ML. I briefly knew John Aczel too and he was as much of a gentleman as one could wish for. As is David. LRH was obviously quite mad at this time and this nsnity was used by Miscavidge for his own ends.

Hatshepsut

Crusader
Originally posted by Leon

Thanks for that ML. I briefly knew John Aczel too and he was as much of a gentleman as one could wish for. As is David. LRH was obviously quite mad at this time and this nsnity was used by Miscavidge for his own ends.

images

Purple Rain

Crusader
I have no time for any version of Scientology, but I would looooove David Mayo's autograph just because he ticks them off so flipping much! If they were a fraction as annoyed with me I would consider my whole life to have been worthwhile.

morizo

Patron
Maybe Scientology will just publicly apologize for all its gagging, and make some broad announcement, at the same time they do all their other apologies for all their other faults, and just drop their legal crap they are still pulling trying to nail Gerry Armstrong on some legal decision they are trying to enforce on him, and just drop ALL their legal gag orders. If I were them, I would do this as part of their very much needed International Amnesty and undeclare ALL past SP declares.

THAT would get them some good public reaction were they to just do some major mea culpa and apologizing for their past Guardian's Office/OSA stuff and all this legal muzzling.

It'll be a few decades for this though, like 30-50 years. Some researcher will be looking through these old Ex Scientology Message Board chatting, when David Mayo was chatting here, and some future researcher will even wonder what they heck this legal gagging was all about!

I discovered this thread a few days ago and have been reading for hours since. It feels like it felt when I was - back in late 70s/early 80s - listening to some of the oldtimers, which was one of the nice things at the time. I think I never met David personally, I worked with some people who knew him and who used to speak warm, respectfully and without fear of him. (When I was ordered to the RPF in late 82 - guess I could have met him there - I blew instead.)

Public apologies of CoS and mea culpa would be kind of cheap and not credible, imho. What would you think if Ghaddafi mea culpa-ed and apologised? I'd ask for the numbers of all the bank accounts were the stolen moneys are.

Each case'd (also of those who are dead by now) have to get rolled up, investigated and judged (by a real judge) and indemnity paid. In addition to apologies. If SO and related Organisations wouldn't have enough cash (which I doubt) they could sell some of their empty buildings, copyrights, COB cars and castles or Tom Cruise could donate for it since apparently he loves to play militaristic cult rep.

Never mind, I enjoy reading the postings here that are NOT about the cult, but from the persons who are out. I'm glad you guys are doing well.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I just wanna say....

HOLY SHIT!!!!

David & Julie Mayo are here!!!!!

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

I feel better now. :p

Vinaire

Sponsor
Gadfly, I stand corrected in that I have assumed that ideologies are religions --proponents of ideologies in my limited experience are often religiously fanatical in their assertions. Thank you for this clarification. It has helped clear my fuzzy mind!

:lol:

Vinaire

Sponsor
I plead for another thread. I'm enjoying this so much that I'd be concerned that it could get lost amongst PMs --as here.

The new thread could be:

Does space itself have a fabric, or in other words, a field?

Is the electromagnetic field just a higher harmonic of it?