What's new

14 yrs in the Sea Org

Miss Pert

Silver Meritorious Patron
Szia! And a ver big WELCOME Mr Tampa!

I'm sorry but that is the extent of my Hungarian but thought I'd try to make you feel more at home :wave:

Well done on escaping :woohoo:

Sir Facer

Patron with Honors
Big Welcome

This is such great news, Of course you would flourish & prosper as soon as you were able to get out and live life for real.

The great escape:omg: & welcome to you:happydance: I wish you all the best in life and hope you laugh and live life to the fullest and really enjoy your new found freedom:thumbsup:

Would love to hear more from you & more of your story:coolwink:

MrTampa

Patron
Thanx everyone - I am getting a bit overwhelmed by the good wishes:) .

Feels good when people welcome you. I will update my story later and will add more stuff I experienced ...

Kutta

That is really good news about your sister Mr Tampa, and I'm so glad you are able to keep in touch with your family. Sounds like you are doing really well now, and you have the rest of your life to enjoy your freedom. I hope you keep posting. We'd love to hear more of your story and learn how you are doing.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
:welcome: MrTampa. This is the first I heard of enforced marriages to get green cards.

I'm glad you are doing well now. But why couldn't you go back home if you wanted to?

Maybe there are are some legal institutions who would like to hear about that? Jus' sayin', don't endanger your own legal status...

Oh, and :welcome: MrTampa!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
:welcome: MrTampa. This is the first I heard of enforced marriages to get green cards.

First I heard of enforced marriages too. Seems like just when you thought you heard everything, something new comes up you find out about. This shouldn't surprise me though as the CoS has absolutely zero respect for anyones relationships unless they somehow help the CoS.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Maybe there are are some legal institutions who would like to hear about that? Jus' sayin', don't endanger your own legal status...

Oh, and :welcome: MrTampa!

I just reread my previous post. When I said "don't endanger your own legal status", I was using a general you, not a personal one. Damn language barriers... :grouch:

Sorry for any misunderstandings.

Blue Spirit

SLAVE

First I heard of enforced marriages too. Seems like just when you thought you heard everything, something new comes up you find out about. This shouldn't surprise me though as the CoS has absolutely zero respect for anyones relationships unless they somehow help the CoS.

When one is a slave anything can be ordered. :omg:

Opter

Thanx everyone - I am getting a bit overwhelmed by the good wishes:) .

Feels good when people welcome you. I will update my story later and will add more stuff I experienced ...

Welcome MrTampa:happydance:

I'd love to read more of your story.:yes::yes:

Opter

apple

Patron Meritorious
it was a common problem that most of the Sea Org staff are foreign and they visa could expire at any time. There was a list where they monitored these people (usually by OSA and Establishment Officer Network sometimes too), and they were searching for candidate husbands and wives for the foreign scientologists. you had two choices a) get married to get green card b) go to an FSC office to the end of the world - what is a hell too (less pay, being forgotten, etc and you might live your reaining life may be in South Africa in the org, etc)

Not only happened in the Sea Org. I have seen it happen in a regular Org. It was not done under duress though, just convenience.

MrTampa

Patron
Thanks everyone for the messages, they were nice.

re: enforced marriages - first of all you cann't have sex if you are not married. You cann't even masturbate in theory - I mean it is considered an overt and it might come up on O/W write ups and they might make it public. I knew when my junior (girl) did it because the ethics officer made me to read her confessions. I even supervised security checkers and have seen confessions what you would not believe exists in teh Sea Org. You guys would turn red!!!!!
Second - if your visa expires and you do not get a green card it is better to get married otherwise you can be transferred to a way worse org where pay is worse, no medical stuff, no liberty, not even your country or friends.
In 2004 in FSO most of green cards applications were rejected by USCIS - 86(!!!!!!!!) people had to get married to USA permanent resident or citizen!!! Establishment officers were running around like chickens with head cut off operating as dating service:eyeroll::omg: this did happen in FSO!!!!