What's new

An apology

SomeGuy

Patron Meritorious
Aaron's made a move in the right direction, Carmel, and people have acknowledged that and made a move toward him. That's all that's happened. Give him time to do what you've said needs doing. We have time.

I think carmels point was spare the rod spoil the child.

Keeping with the parable, biblical theme.

I agree with her, an apology is awesome. Sustained behavioral change is even better.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I think if we can keep the rabbling mob from trying to put Aaron on a White Horse everything will work out just fine :)

Trying to follow those horses in a parade is a pain in the ass, shoulder-to-shoulder or not.

Zinj

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey, sorry that this will disappoint, but in my world, I'm a little surprised at some of the responses, here on this thread.

Yes, Aaron has given an apology of sorts. However, given what he has dished out over the last month or so, his op doesn't quite cut it, IMO.

I forgave him for the slight I felt. As for the larger picture, I don't have the details, so that's between them that do and Aaron.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Carmel,

I understand how you feel and your commentary may be merited, IMHO. I guess my perspective is that it's difficult to apologize sometimes and included in that difficulty is knowing WHAT to say. I guess it's a matter of time will tell and in the meantime let's all give each other a chance. None of us are perfect and sometimes what we consider to be our best effort is not always going to strike someone else as being good enough, as witness something you said to me when I was trying to deal with a difficult situation. We don't always get it right and others may see or opine that this is the case, but it doesn't change the fact that the individual can only do whatever he or she can do according to his or her frame of reference.

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think if we can keep the rabbling mob from trying to put Aaron on a White Horse everything will work out just fine :)

Trying to follow those horses in a parade is a pain in the ass, shoulder-to-shoulder or not.

Zinj

Yeah be careful about where you step............................

110733244_99acd412bb.jpg