What's new

An apology

byte301

Crusader
Aaron, thanks for that post.

We're pulling for you and always have been even if it didn't always seem like it. It's tough love. And you'll always have a place here.

Good luck to you.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Good on ya Aaron! *waves*, :clap: :clap: its not an easy row you all hoe (nor is it always easy to work with others when coming from all different directions, even if many of the goals are the same).

HH, you're a nasty dessert poster, you have no idea the grief you have just caused me:p:p (dwarflette nao baking a cake, try to guess who cleans up :duh:), hm, I do get some cakes though. :happydance:

:)

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
It's as I've said a number of times. People aren't either/or. Life isn't either/or. Anyone can screw up and anyone can turn things around.

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi Aaron,
Thank you for the apology. I will say in my estimation no one has managed to be a much bigger ass on this board than I have, especially early on-not meaning to brag-but I never thought to apologize. Instead I relied on the usual solutions of self-pity, guilt, and mortification. You might try those instead of this perspective stuff, if you don't want to make some of us look bad by comparison.

Just a word to the wise.

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron
Aaron, I never stopped supporting you as a person. I hope you will be kind to yourself and allow those who know your warts (and all) and still love you to help you rebuild your life.

Happy Aberree

Patron with Honors
Hi Aaron, I know that your apology is very much appreciated by many on this board. Good on you for doing this and all the best for your future activities.

Carmel

Crusader
Aaron, thanks for that post.

We're pulling for you and always have been even if it didn't always seem like it. It's tough love. And you'll always have a place here.

Good luck to you.
Yeah, and ditto from me. :)

Aaron, very cool on the "no emergency" or no urgency thing. I struggled with this, and still do at times. I understand your passion and appreciate it.....it can put ya in the poo sometimes though, like it has for me (especially when I've felt that I've *needed* to get people to see things the way I do, when there's no *need* at all and unfair ta-boot).

Despite our differences and disagreements, I do wish you all the best.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Thanks for this Aaron.

:hifive:

Hi Aaron,
Thank you for the apology. I will say in my estimation no one has managed to be a much bigger ass on this board than I have, especially early on-not meaning to brag-but I never thought to apologize. Instead I relied on the usual solutions of self-pity, guilt, and mortification. You might try those instead of this perspective stuff, if you don't want to make some of us look bad by comparison.

Just a word to the wise.

:lol:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Geez Aaron, if you only knew how much people care about you and want you to succeed, I think you'd be shocked.

I hate to use a Scientologyism here, but I can't think of how to phrase it in wog terms. But do you remember that datum about "The size of the ARC break is relative to the amount of affinity you have for the other"?

It's kind of like that. People really like you and are rooting for you so when that breaks down, the upset is way over the top.

Anyway, here's to future success for everyone and may we all keep learning.

RiF: Lets have a Chardy one day on the beach somewhere near OC. :p

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Geez Aaron, if you only knew how much people care about you and want you to succeed, I think you'd be shocked.

I hate to use a Scientologyism here, but I can't think of how to phrase it in wog terms. But do you remember that datum about "The size of the ARC break is relative to the amount of affinity you have for the other"?

It's kind of like that. People really like you and are rooting for you so when that breaks down, the upset is way over the top.

You know what ... this just about says it all ... and that last line really made me smile!

We should do that ... we really should ... one day when the time is right, what a party THAT will be.

:party::party::party::party::party:

:booze:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Glad to see you posting again. It's true that you are well liked here. The folks here are good folks - whether there is agreement or not, the overall strategy is one of mutual support. We all know the categories - pro this anti that, but we have the luxury of being able to say what we think, and it's really a bit special. Take your shoes off and put your feet up. You are amongst friends.

Last edited:

He-man

Hero extraordinary

Friends are the ones who can hurt you the most?

Smilla

Ordinary Human

^^^This^^^

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron

Yes, this.

Aaron, love ya, thank you for the apology, and sorry I snarked at you. What you have to say is important.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Good post, Aaron!

That "emergency" thing could easily be a holdover from your days in the SO and on staff when the pressure to produce was a constant source of oppression. I know for myself that it took a long time to rid myself of the habit and is something that can creep back up on ya if you don't stay alert to it.

The common element between all the factions is that we all want to see the oppression and degrading tactics stopped for good. Thanks for doing your part.

Mary McConnell

AlphOhm

Traveler of time/space
I had some time to reflect the last few days. It was really good.

ESMB says when you log in:

"Meet other ex's. Share your experiences. Reunite with old friends."

This is a good thing. I did not really take that to heart when posting here. I have met other ex's, I shared some experiences, and I reunited with some old friends. But I also went further with it.

And I wondered why.

That feeling of "emergency" and the desire to see rights wronged can be an overwhelming feeling - as a sense of obligation, duty and personal choice. No one wants to see others getting hurt, and so sometimes acting quickly seems the best option.

I have received a number of emails from people in the last 3 days.

All with good intentions. A vast number of viewpoints are around. Emails from freezoners, atheists, ex-SO, new "ex-Scios" and the like.

What struck me is that still, underlying al the communications was a theme that the abuses need to stop. How that is actually acheived though is a subject of great debate in the worldwide scheme of things.

Some believe eliminate the SO, others say restructure the SO, some say reduce Scientology, some say eliminate Scientology. And shades of grey exist everywhere.

But the heading for ESMB is quite clear. Reunite. Meet. Share.

ESMB had pretty much been for me the entire porthole for any point of view I had. And while ESMB encourages sharing points of view, it would be fair to say that using ESMB as a tactical play ground the implement ones goals or ideas would be not always appropriate. And that is what I have done, constantly.

If a forum is going to be fun, then certainly some things are going to be more difficult to share on here.

So to any members on the boards here who I managed to offend, I am sorry.

I didn't want to take the fun out of anything for anyone. I also was using any line of communication possible at all to get a particular message out there, and in doing so, probably burned some bridges of media that could have served better.

Still, they are there, and can be used in the future as Scientology/SO will not go away tomorrow anytime soon. There is also I realise no emergency. As long as the SO/Scientology numbers are dropping, that is the right direction.

I will establish a new way of putting forward my views and some information for the future. It will not be on ESMB, only because it really does nto belong on here, it is not the right medium for some things I out out there.

Thank you for your apology, though I myself did not feel offended.

I appreciate your efforts and wish you well on what you wish to accomplish.

I am concerned for you as well, please take a moment and make sure that you are "doing OK".

Else: fight the good fight.

Namaste,

AlphOhm