What's new

Another Mission going down

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Copied from WWP : http://forums.whyweprotest.net/123-leaks-legal/sunland-mission-going-down-52910/

I tried to ragequit but this leak is too good, I got this email and I will post the SS in a min or so check it!

Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2009
To: ************************************
Subject: sunland tujunga mission needs new mission holder

SUNLAND TUJUNGA MISSION NEEDS A NEW MISSION HOLDER!

KNOW ANYONE WHO IS INTERESTED?

Hi,

I'm the HES over at the Sunland/Tujunga Mission and I'm personally writing to you to see if you can help us save our mission. As well as being only one of two missions who can deliver the Basics to upper level Scientologists, the Sunland/Tujunga Mission also has the unique position of being in the area that has the most Scientologists per capita in the whole world! The highest concentration of Scientologists in the world is in Los Angeles and the highest concentration in Los Angeles is in the Sunland/Tujunga area. And if we don't find a new mission holder by the 23rd, we will lose our mission.

That is why I am extending the line to anyone I know who might be connected to people who can help. We are not asking for donations and we don't want to interfere with the building of ideal orgs, we just want to find someone who really wants to take over this very important mission. If you, yourself can't take over the mission, please forward this to anyone you think might be able to help.

Thank you very much for your support. With all this momentum in Scientology, it would be a shame to see us shrink, even just a little. Please let me know if you have any ideas. You can have people call me directly at: 818-653-6768 or they can call the mission at: 818-951-3601. Thanks again.

Sincerely,
Anjuli Hubbard, HES
Sunland/Tujunga Mission

(I drove by and all the stores around the mission except the thrift store are empty)

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
As well as being only one of two missions who can deliver the Basics to upper level Scientologists <snip>

Huh? What case pre-requisites are there to delivering lower-level training? Routine word clearing doesn't require C/S OK. What am I missing?

Paul

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
In reality, missions are next to pointless. They do little to nothing for Scientology. Minus the money from the mission holder.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
They used to.

Paul

It all changed. Basically they deliver Sunday service and Div 6 courses. Good Twin can fill us in more. But they don't deliver auditing anymore, to the best of my knowledge.

When I started at a mission in 1987, they were delivering all sorts of courses and grades. Not anymore. Missions are just feeders to higher orgs.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is the mission where my daughter's friends hang out or hung out. The mission that made sure my Goldenrod was seen by her friends two years ago. :melodramatic:

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron

Anjuli Hubbard could be the new Mission Holder. Surely anyone qualified to hold an HES post would be qualified to be a Mission Holder.

BTW, Missions were not allowed to use the Hubbard name in their org boards and business model. Hence, no HES, no HGC, etc. That might have changed over the years, I just dunno.

Anyway, here's my summation: By "Mission Holder" they mean, someone who has the financial wherewithal to keep the Mission open during the present and future tough times. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the bottom line on why Anjuli Hubbard does not qualify and why they are looking.

TalleyWhacker

Patron with Honors
It all changed. Basically they deliver Sunday service and Div 6 courses. Good Twin can fill us in more. But they don't deliver auditing anymore, to the best of my knowledge.

When I started at a mission in 1987, they were delivering all sorts of courses and grades. Not anymore. Missions are just feeders to higher orgs.

My God, I didn't know that....how could they possibly even survive? Guess it's planned that way.
Back when I got in, missions were kicking butt and so were the Orgs (early 70s)
With that criteria, they couldn't feed a sparrow.
Flourish & Prosper Slappy style!

gaiagnostic

me thinks

When I was on lines at ASHO I got information that the Sunland/Tujunga mission holder also worked on John Travolta's film company staff.

Another thought. A Mission Holder cannot just leave the scene voluntarily. If this mission holder is gone, he is probably blown. Speculate on that! :ohmy:

Wisened One

Crusader
Hi,

I'm the HES over at the Sunland/Tujunga Mission and I'm personally writing to you to see if you can help us save our mission. As well as being only one of two missions who can deliver the Basics to upper level Scientologists, the Sunland/Tujunga Mission also has the unique position of being in the area that has the most Scientologists per capita in the whole world! The highest concentration of Scientologists in the world is in Los Angeles and the highest concentration in Los Angeles is in the Sunland/Tujunga area. And if we don't find a new mission holder by the 23rd, we will lose our mission.

That is why I am extending the line to anyone I know who might be connected to people who can help. We are not asking for donations and we don't want to interfere with the building of ideal orgs, we just want to find someone who really wants to take over this very important mission. If you, yourself can't take over the mission, please forward this to anyone you think might be able to help.

Thank you very much for your support. With all this momentum in Scientology, it would be a shame to see us shrink, even just a little. Please let me know if you have any ideas. You can have people call me directly at: 818-653-6768 or they can call the mission at: 818-951-3601. Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Idk, but when I was in, we'd be chitted for talking and using words like that. I'd never be caught using ANY vulnerable words nor imparting such to anyone else about or org or mission.

And how can ANY Mission deliver ANY services to 'upper-level scn's?!'

I'm not sure I believe it's a real letter....(guess it could be, tho). :shrug:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
My God, I didn't know that....how could they possibly even survive? Guess it's planned that way.

We'll have to get Good Twin to fill us in.

In 1987 the mission I started at was packed every night. And there were usually at least 5 people on course during the day. Thankfully, I had the sauna to myself. My sauna twins all showed up about the time I was done (5 hours alone :happydance: ).

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
When I was on lines at ASHO I got information that the Sunland/Tujunga mission holder also worked on John Travolta's film company staff.

Another thought. A Mission Holder cannot just leave the scene voluntarily. If this mission holder is gone, he is probably blown. Speculate on that! :ohmy:

Or the Mission Holder doesn't have the funds needed to get all the new books, etc. There are several reasons why mission holders leave. I knew one left because 1. he couldn't afford the books and 2. he was damn sick and tired of the way SMI and upper management wanted him to run the mission. (It wasn't per Policy. :duh: ) He was an old timer. So he knew the tech prior to it being changed.

Carmel

Crusader
In reality, missions are next to pointless. They do little to nothing for Scientology. Minus the money from the mission holder.

Agreed. Since Scientology's more wacky side has been shown, people stay away more than ever.
We had a mission in our area for a while but it went away or was moved. It was always empty. I went in there three times.
From what I know, missions and field practices generally did better than orgs, 'cause they had more freedom to run their own ship, so to speak.

From what I've heard, the missions/field groups in ANZO are doing better than the orgs are currently, for the same reason.

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
not surprised...

I lived in the Sunland area for 16 years and am familiar with the mission and other church entities in the area.

With the money demand on area scilons from 2 BigDeal Org fund drives, Pasadena and Valley orgs and the fact that many of the area scilons are onlines at Pac Base orgs, it doesn't surprise me a bit the mission is dying.

Another casualty in the Sunland area is Delphi LA which per reports from a former staff there is badly stat crashed after getting their own buildings built and campus established after a long fund drive.

Hard to believe in the demise of both entities since of course Scientology Works and in the case of Delphi LA it even had a cause over life OT8 running the show.

Whoops! :omg:

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron

True, and even in the late 70s and early 80s when I got in.

Most of the staff from my Org.. had originally been Mission public. After the purge (Missions Holders' conference)circa 1982 it was never the same. The Org. and the missions never recovered.

There seemed to have existed, back in those days, an excellent formula for getting people into Scientology. It was a slow gradual process of indoctrination which appears to be missing now-a-days...thank God. The Missions *were* the key.

TP

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
From what I know, missions and field practices generally did better than orgs, 'cause they had more freedom to run their own ship, so to speak.

From what I've heard, the missions/field groups in ANZO are doing better than the orgs are currently, for the same reason.

Yes I'm sure they just don't know what to do with all the money they have from the packed course rooms they currently have...

NonScio

Patron Meritorious
Sounds like "Mission Impossible" to me. Right down to the
Miscaviage/cult disclaimer: "If you should fail in this mission,
COB will deny any knowledge of your existence. Good luck!"

fishdaddy

Patron
Just more evidence of the desperate state of Scientology. In earlier times, before Miscavige dismantled the Mission network as a "power threat" to his empire, missions used to send public TO the orgs. They used to have a lot of people taking services, and some of those people would then go to the local org for higher services. Missions were doing well, and so orgs were doing well. Now, this mission is confessing they are dependant on the Orgs for public - they are delivering "Basics Courses" to upper level Scientologists - a complete reversal. It's backwards. The Orgs are drying up, and so are the missions.

Terril park

Sponsor
Huh? What case pre-requisites are there to delivering lower-level training? Routine word clearing doesn't require C/S OK. What am I missing?

Paul

Wouldn't you need an OT 7 auditor to deliver say a word clearing
correction list to OTs?

Maybe:-

Is this MU yours,
BT"s
Cluster's

:)