What's new

AOSH ANZO staffer robbed of suitcase of money

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
The report just says a suitcase of money, not a suitcase full of money. "Suitcase" is probably briefcase and nowhere does it say a huge amount of money was stolen. The thieves just knew that the little old man went to the bank around that time every Friday and that there would be money in the case. It could be the thieves were very disappointed once they opened the case. :yes:

The stolen BMW would have been worth more than they took.

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
somebody beat me to it to say that it was probably Robin Hood stealing from the rich to give to the poor.:eyeroll:
Yeh, and what did they do to pull this in?:unsure:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Their risk management in the handling of cash and other items has been out for a very long time. Way back in the 80s I recall the case of an SO member who was wanting to leave only just prior to him being given a cash cheque of around $8000 which was to pay for mailings, bulk mail out that sort of thing, well he left alright...with the money.

But as usual the cult cannot change.:ohmy:

On a personal note I sincerely hope John or whomever it was is okay.

ah,suitcases and SO cash :eyeroll:

One SO organization paid to have cash taken over Lake Como to Switzerland - the fee was, I believe, 3% and the criminal organization that ran the pipeline never once missed the Thursday deadline and never once was there anything lifted.

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
ah,suitcases and SO cash :eyeroll:

One SO organization paid to have cash taken over Lake Como to Switzerland - the fee was, I believe, 3% and the criminal organization that ran the pipeline never once missed the Thursday deadline and never once was there anything lifted.

Obviously criminals stick together and abide by unwritten code of not ripping each other off..well in this case they did.

Happy Days

Well pay backs a bitch... the cults been robbing the public for decades so the return flow makes me smile...

It may have been an inside job someone who knows the routine and called on their gang mates to take the dosh... only guessing :biggrin:

Although, it's the SO members who will probably not get paid, food may be rationed and the public will be regged to assist to making ends meet because it's the birthday week of their dead cult creator ....:angry:

Petey C

Though, in 1991 when I was in Oz fixing personal affairs, I learned from my brother of the new (then) level of criminality in Sydney . . . his house in Paddington got burgled etc . . . .

He blamed it on the behavior of the immigrant classes . . .

That's a pretty simplistic answer, Rog. It was more likely to be young Australian males of all/any ethnicity addled with drink and/or drugs. The early 90s were the high days of heroin in Sydney, and also a time of high interest rates (18%) and "the recession we had to have" -- no excuse but crime rates tend to go up when people lose their jobs and need ready money for their daily hit. Paddington like Glebe is an inner city 'burb and easy for the stealing classes to get to.

Just sayin'. (As someone who's been a migrant wherever she went.)

RogerB

Crusader
That's a pretty simplistic answer, Rog. It was more likely to be young Australian males of all/any ethnicity addled with drink and/or drugs. The early 90s were the high days of heroin in Sydney, and also a time of high interest rates (18%) and "the recession we had to have" -- no excuse but crime rates tend to go up when people lose their jobs and need ready money for their daily hit. Paddington like Glebe is an inner city 'burb and easy for the stealing classes to get to.

Just sayin'. (As someone who's been a migrant wherever she went.)

And well said, Petey.

My brother did mumble on about the "out of work" scene.

His house was Palmer St., between Oxford and William, with Woods Lane on his back fence for easy burglar use :melodramatic:

But I'll tell you for free :biggrin: every time I've been back to Oz since '65, about once every 10 years, I feel like a bloody tourist! :ohmy:

Rog

TG1

Angelic Poster
But I'll tell you for free :biggrin: every time I've been back to Oz since '65, about once every 10 years, I feel like a bloody tourist! :ohmy:

Rog

My friend, just imagine how the aboriginals on every continent feel. LOL!

TG1

Petey C

And well said, Petey.

My brother did mumble on about the "out of work" scene.

His house was Palmer St., between Oxford and William, with Woods Lane on his back fence for easy burglar use :melodramatic:

Rog

That's pretty much Kings Cross fringe, the locus of most heroin dealing and injecting. Since the injecting room and the rise of other competing drugs, heroin use has been on the slide. It also had a self-selecting consequence (death).

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
I went to Glebe and hung out at "The Different Drummer" and got smashed two nights in a row. A great time. Didn't know it was a bit sketchy. Oh well I'll still go back if I go to Sydney again.

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
The stolen BMW would have been worth more than they took.

It seems they were on their way to the bank and might well have had a suitcase full of cash. Maybe as much as $100k with it being near the Birthday Game date.

The vodka will be flowing in Glebe. :)

Happy Days

It seems they were on their way to the bank and might well have had a suitcase full of cash. Maybe as much as $100k with it being near the Birthday Game date.

The vodka will be flowing in Glebe. :)

Assuming the cult is making any money here in Oz and $100,000 cash :roflmao::roflmao:

I say swigs of vodka and no hangover .... :biggrin:

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
I know we don't care about the money. But I know we do care about the severe Ethics handling that those guys are going to be going through. And given how Ethics can sometimes get out of control I could picture the whole staff having to go through hell.

Rd00

The staff is there by choice. The staff can blow.....when they have had enough of the " "severe ethics handling" of "having to go through hell".

Yes, the staff is decent people and deserve better. They need to reach for it.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
The staff is there by choice. The staff can blow.....when they have had enough of the " "severe ethics handling" of "having to go through hell".

Yes, the staff is decent people and deserve better. They need to reach for it.
Choice? Hmmm, lemme see... just how many options do you think a 72 year-old man who has lost the love of his remaining family and given away everything he once owned thinks he has available to him after 3 or 4 decades of living in the Sea Org bubble? Seriously?

Outethicsofficer

Choice? Hmmm, lemme see... just how many options do you think a 72 year-old man who has lost the love of his remaining family and given away everything he once owned thinks he has available to him after 3 or 4 decades of living in the Sea Org bubble? Seriously?

Ain't no choice in that is there Panda! A John Waterworth or Wayne Saddler will stay where they are til they die!

James