What's new

Baby for Travoltas?

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
30 years ago after losing a child I got pregnant to "give them a new body" as promised when they were very ill. 30 years later it seems crazy to me and I can understand why you would think that but if you haven't been there you can't judge. I treated my "reincarnated" child as that for a year and then left that behind and treated them as the new person they were. <snip>

Wow! So glad things worked out for the better.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's very common to have two or more babies with invitro. They commonly insert 3 or more embryos, because they don't all "take".

byte301

Crusader
Well best of luck to them. I just have to say that I hope they get a new nanny. The last one seemed to come up absent at a very unfortunate time.

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
30 years ago after losing a child I got pregnant to "give them a new body" as promised when they were very ill. 30 years later it seems crazy to me and I can understand why you would think that but if you haven't been there you can't judge. I treated my "reincarnated" child as that for a year and then left that behind and treated them as the new person they were.

QUOTE]
------------------------------------------------------------
Jett will take a new baby's body? Wow! It's a cool plan!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I would agree that it IS a cool plan except for the fact that it risks the mindfuck of growing up as a member of the CoS. He probably got enough of that the first time around. :whistling:

A better plan would be to wait until Jason Beghe gets someone pregnant.:yes:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Where and how do they get the eggs?

As Zinj said, it can be from the mother or a donor.

However, getting them from the mother (or a donor) sounds painful. They go up thru the vagina and stick a needle thru the vaginal wall into the ovary. Plus, you have to take fertility drugs so you get more eggs. The drugs are pretty intense and can be dangerous.

(I checked into this years ago. I opted not to get pregnant by invitro.)

pollywannacracker

Patron Meritorious
As Zinj said, it can be from the mother or a donor.

However, getting them from the mother (or a donor) sounds painful. They go up thru the vagina and stick a needle thru the vaginal wall into the ovary. Plus, you have to take fertility drugs so you get more eggs. The drugs are pretty intense and can be dangerous.

(I checked into this years ago. I opted not to get pregnant by invitro.)

Another way is to harvest the eggs from the mother (or donor) via laparoscopy. This is done with a mild sedative, creating 2-3 very tiny incisions near the belly button, inflating the abdomen with some gas, and going in with a tiny camera and retrieiving eggs from an ovary.

As per my bioloby classes, the ova age as we do, so using an older mother's ova certainly does increase the risks of downs syndrome and other age related affects on the ova.

I wish them the best of luck with their new addition(s).

-PWC

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
I'm not going to read this whole thread, just tell me; did anyone grok the backstory here? They are no doubt trying to provide a new body for the 'thetan'.

So sad.