What's new

BILL FRANKS DRAWS WRATH - angry Scientologists

Veda

Sponsor
Press "control" and "f" and do a find on Bill Franks to see some very angry Scientologists. Our very own Sneakster demanded a retraction from a confused Alex Costillo, and Costillo did so, posting in big letters "CONTAMINATING LIES FROM BILL FRANKS."

Sneakster was very upset over the things Franks said about L. Ron Hubbard setting up Mary Sue.

'The virus that killed Scientology Inc.' by Marty Rathbun:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/06/12/the-virus-that-killed-scientology-inc

And, no, as of this writing, Marty has not said what that virus is, yet.

:eyeroll:

What Bill Franks is saying, and what many others, including David Mayo, were saying years earlier, is that "what's wrong with Scientology" originated with L. Ron Hubbard, and has been wrong for a very long time - long before Miscavige.

This, the outside the CofS Scientologists don't want to hear, especially in the face of the release of Marty's book explaining that "what's wrong" began with Miscavige.

Last edited:

Gadfly

Crusader
What Bill Franks is saying, and what many others, including David Mayo, were saying years earlier, is that "what's wrong with Scientology" originated with L. Ron Hubbard, and has been wrong for a very long time - long before Miscavige.

I really don't get it, how some people refuse to just face what is right there in front of their faces.

I simply opened my eyes and looked. I did what LRH encouraged, and had it be true for me what I myself observed. It was pretty simple. Of course, I have never really liked groups in general, and haven't had much of any interest in being part of one. I suppose I am basically "anti-social". :ohmy:

First, there is LRH policy. Second, various people "apply" this LRH policy. Third, every bit of nastiness, lies, deception, abuse, and manipulation that follows stem directly from the previous two points.

It is so simple to see - unless of course one prefers to see some IDEA or imaginary fiction instead of reality. And, of course, some people ONLY USE the fiction to manipulate and control others.

It is funny to watch really, how these Scientology true-believers struggle to maintain their delusions. How they deny and refuse to look at any FACT that will disrupt thier fantasies about Hubbard and Scientology.

What they do and how they do it is explained in Hoffer's The True Believer, and in many other books about mind control, advertising, behavioral modification and mass movements.

Yeah, sure, this refusing to see what is going on right in front of your face exists in many people and groups, BUT it has been amazingly institutionalized into Hubbard's subject and practices.

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
One of Sneakster's posts on MartyWorld.

Mike Hobson | June 14, 2012 at 8:07 pm | Reply
Alex Castillo: In that interview, Bill Franks bluntly accused (starting at 13:55-14:20) Ron Hubbard of ordering Franks and Miscavige to set up a secretly recorded interview with his wife Mary Sue Hubbard to get her to incriminate herself on tapes that were then to be covertly forwarded to government agencies so that she would be imprisoned.

Franks further claims (from 14:20-15:45) that he had access to G.O. Files (how is that possible when he was never G.O. and the G.O. was completely autonomous at that time ?) wherein he saw documents detailing plots to murder three (3) U.K. Ministers of Parliament. He further claims that at least one of these alleged murders was actually carried out! And to take it totally over-the-top he then states (at 15:56) that “basically everything came from Hubbard”, meaning (if we are to believe Bill Franks) that Ron Hubbard ordered these MPs murdered!!!

Now, Mr. Alex Castillo, kindly explain how it happens that *you* have direct, personal knowledge that the above accusations represent true facts and that at least one U.K. Minister of Parliament was murdered at Ron Hubbard’s orders ? And how is it that you have failed to help the U.K. law enforcement bring these murders to justice, since you have firsthand knowledge of *murder*, which has no Statute of Limitations anywhere in the United States, United Kingdom or European Union ?

If I were you, I would promptly retract your blanket claim that Bill Franks’ radio interview represents truth as you remember it; because, if it does, that makes *you* complicit in *murder*.

It's actually kind of sad to see an adult so desperate to cling onto fairy tales.

Scientology makes the able more [STRIKE]able[/STRIKE] pathetic.

Gadfly

Crusader
Mike Hobson | June 14, 2012 at 8:07 pm | Reply

Alex Castillo: In that interview, Bill Franks bluntly accused (starting at 13:55-14:20) Ron Hubbard of ordering Franks and Miscavige to set up a secretly recorded interview with his wife Mary Sue Hubbard to get her to incriminate herself on tapes that were then to be covertly forwarded to government agencies so that she would be imprisoned.

Franks further claims (from 14:20-15:45) that he had access to G.O. Files (how is that possible when he was never G.O. and the G.O. was completely autonomous at that time ?) wherein he saw documents detailing plots to murder three (3) U.K. Ministers of Parliament. He further claims that at least one of these alleged murders was actually carried out! And to take it totally over-the-top he then states (at 15:56) that “basically everything came from Hubbard”, meaning (if we are to believe Bill Franks) that Ron Hubbard ordered these MPs murdered!!!

Now, Mr. Alex Castillo, kindly explain how it happens that *you* have direct, personal knowledge that the above accusations represent true facts and that at least one U.K. Minister of Parliament was murdered at Ron Hubbard’s orders ? And how is it that you have failed to help the U.K. law enforcement bring these murders to justice, since you have firsthand knowledge of *murder*, which has no Statute of Limitations anywhere in the United States, United Kingdom or European Union ?

If I were you, I would promptly retract your blanket claim that Bill Franks’ radio interview represents truth as you remember it; because, if it does, that makes *you* complicit in *murder*.

I knew Castillo at FOLO EUS in the late 1970s when he was sent to take over the CO FLEUS post for awhile. He was an idiot then.

::from Mick - I have removed the reference to counseling data

I am curious though if anybody else has heard such a thing. Yes? No? He does often behave in an excessive "righteous indignant" manner, and those types of people can at times harbor the same tendencies and crimes that they make so much noise about in OTHERS! :yes:

HelluvaHoax!

I really don't get it, how some people refuse to just face what is right there in front of their faces.

I simply opened my eyes and looked. I did what LRH encouraged, and had it be true for me what I myself observed. It was pretty simple. Of course, I have never really liked groups in general, and haven't had much of any interest in being part of one. I suppose I am basically "anti-social". :ohmy:

First, there is LRH policy. Second, various people "apply" this LRH policy. Third, every bit of nastiness, lies, deception, abuse, and manipulation that follows stem directly from the previous two points.

It is so simple to see - unless of course one prefers to see some IDEA or imaginary fiction instead of reality. And, of course, some people ONLY USE the fiction to manipulate and control others.

It is funny to watch really, how these Scientology true-believers struggle to maintain their delusions. How they deny and refuse to look at any FACT that will disrupt thier fantasies about Hubbard and Scientology.

What they do and how they do it is explained in Hoffer's The True Believer, and in many other books about mind control, advertising, behavioral modification and mass movements.

Contrary to common sense, True Believers often actually become more adamant & ardent about their deluded faith when their cult is exposed to be a fraud.

There is a wonderful book on the subject, When Prophecy Fails.

There is an even more profoundly devastating study of the subject on Marty's Indie Blog.

Veda

Sponsor
Rather than add a link to the initial post, and it's taking a while for me to get the link to activate so I can then post the link, I'll just repost some old content which includes the link. This will also provide some background to any MartyWorld people, or others, who might wander over. :)

The following is an excerpt from 'Messiah or Madman?', and provides some background:

Around 1980, Bill Franks was appointed by Hubbard as "Executive Director," but what exactly did that mean?

Bent Corydon was a friend of Bill Franks. The following is an excerpt from the chapter, 'A Reform Movement is Derailed' in 'Messiah or Madman?':

"When... Mary Sue's defense was seen as futile, and the legal heat was being directed increasingly at Hubbard himself, Hubbard ordered a 'palace coup' by his 'kids' (his youthful messengers)...

"David Miscavige 'handled' Mary Sue Hubbard, and Bill Franks was assigned to 'handle' the head of the Guardian's Office, Jane Kember.

"The entire old G.O. was headed for jail. Hubbard ordered his messengers to set up a 'Watchdog Committee'.

"In early 1981 Hubbard also created a new post of Executive Director International. This was announced to be a resumption of the post 'vacated by L. Ron Hubbard in 1966'. The new appointment to Executive Director was Bill Franks...

"It was presented to Franks that he would be assuming all of Hubbard's administrative functions. However, Bill told me years later, after leaving the Church, that he had since concluded that Hubbard set him up in order to help him rid himself of Jane Kember...

"What was actually happening at the time of the mission holders' meeting was that Bill had been 'put in charge' as an additional facade for Hubbard. Bill was supposed to have 'instinctively' understood that he was merely to be window dressing. Hubbard was still in control while operating through new additional facades, consisting of the mysterious WDC and Franks. These fronts were designed to protect Hubbard from criminal prosecution that had already consumed his previous facade, consisting of his wife and her G.O. clique.

"Hubbard had not counted on Bill Franks and the mission holders' backlash reaction against what he [Bill Franks] considered 'G.O. type abuses'.

"Franks naively believed that Hubbard had genuinely stepped down, leaving him in the top spot. Bill's reform efforts were constantly getting derailed by these 'kids' however (secretly implementing Hubbard's intent), so he feared that they would go on to commit crimes similar to the G.O bunch..."

So the mission holders were rebelling, but had no idea that they were rebelling against Hubbard, but Hubbard knew, and reacted fiercely.

__________​

Here's a link to the radio program (At first, may take a while to activate.)

http://theedgewithtomsmith.com/a/TheEdgeBFranks1.mp3

I just listened to it, and the part about the murder of a MP is only a brief mention, and is vague. It's unknown whether it was a murder disguised as an accident - which would be more Scientological than an upfront guns-blasting homicide.

Be that as it may, this interview is packed with interesting information regarding a variety of areas, and Bill Franks comes across as extremely credible.

Franks mentions that it was L. Ron Hubbard who ran Scientology's Fair Game operations. Briefly discussing Paulette Cooper: "Basically, everything came from Hubbard. He actually ran that day to day."

And as for Hubbard throwing his wife under the bus, which has been known for some time, Bill Franks adds some fascinating detail:

"Hubbard had me and Miscavige and a few others interview Mary Sue... and... we had a van outside that was taping all this. And, basically, it was to get as much incriminating - to get her to incriminate herself as much as possible, and this would be, through a circumlocutious manner, fed to the government."

Tom Smith/Interviewer: "And this was Hubbard's idea?"

Bill Franks: "This was from L. Ron Hubbard to set up his wife. Right."

__________​

The following is another excerpt from 'Messiah or Madman?' - published 25 years ago:

From a 1986 interview of Martin Samuels, former Mission Holder, and founder of the Delphian School, from the 'Reflections' chapter of the book, 'L. Ron Hubbard, Messiah or Madman?'

http://www.amazon.com/reader/0942637577?_encoding=UTF8&ref_=sib_dp_pt :

"Hubbard operated according to a couple of key patterns.

"The first pattern involved basically decent well intentioned people... no one was able to rise in the organization to a point of any real proximity to him, without being attacked and vilified...

"And of course the next person thinks he or she is immune...

"The next pattern: It's reap and rape. Hubbard would let the reins loose. He'd let people believe they really could get on with it... He'd let people believe they really could prosper to the full extent of their own ability, and enjoy the fruits of their labor.

"And, with that kind of freedom, prosperity does occur, Inevitably, though, he'd come along and rape and pillage and rip off and take what had been produced. The most dramatic example of this was '82, '83, when he 'raped' his most decent people in management along with the mission holders, and looted the entire mission network.

"And look at this pattern... He surrounded himself with absolute hooligans as 'managers'; guys who beat the shit out of people. This man, who 'is this OT, the author of Science of Survival, completely able to predict human behavior', surrounded himself with ruthless people - like Miscavige - who got there because they emulated Hubbard's savagery. They emulated his total willingness to completely break, use, and discard another person.

"And then after their hands were so bloody - and the only reason their hands were bloody was that they were doing what Hubbard wanted - when it finally started to get to the point where it couldn't be tolerated by people anymore, Hubbard wiped them out. Then he said. 'My God! I didn't know!' Scapegoat. He even did that to his own wife, who went to jail in his place...

"But the thing that's amazing, and to me terrifying, is the characteristic of the mind, my mind, your mind, and apparently many other people's minds, where I could buy this horseshit, where I could participate in it."

There are other items from David Mayo, Jesse Prince, and others, that could be included, but this will suffice, for now, for this hastily written thread.

HelluvaHoax!

One of the more astonishing things about Indie Scientologists is this.

When CoS (Miscavige, Tommy Davis, et al) get up and blatantly lie to the media or to CoS Scientololgists everyone (including Indies) is outraged at the obvious lying.

But when people (trying to protect Scientology or Hubbard) blatantly lie, Indies not only don't give a damn, they actually have wins on it.

Veda

Sponsor
I knew Castillo at FOLO EUS in the late 1970s when he was sent to take over the CO FLEUS post for awhile.

-snip-

I don't want this to be an attack on Costillo, especially on hearsay from a PC folder. My God. Do me a favor, and delete the PC folder stuff, OK?

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Why would anyone not believe that tubs had thrown Mary Sue (and Jane
Kember and the other 9 GOWW staff) under a bus?

His interest in Mary Sue both while she was in gaol and then for the rest of her life was apparently not that of a loving (and grateful husband) ... she was immediately dumped, she was a down-stat because she got caught while carrying out his 007 wannabe infiltration orders!

The man was a complete bastard.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Press "control" and "f" and do a find on Bill Franks to see some very angry Scientologists. Our very own Sneakster demanded a retraction from a confused Alex Costillo, and Costillo did so, posting in big letters "CONTAMINATING LIES FROM BILL FRANKS."

Sneakster was very upset over the things Franks said about L. Ron Hubbard setting up Mary Sue.

'The virus that killed Scientology Inc.' by Marty Rathbun:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/06/12/the-virus-that-killed-scientology-inc

And, no, as of this writing, Marty has not said what that virus is, yet.

:eyeroll:

This, the outside the CofS Scientologists don't want to hear, especially in the face of the release of Marty's book explaining that "what's wrong" began with Miscavige.

That's the same Michael Hobson who declared Pat Broeker to be an SP, assigned him a Condition of Treason, and then ran away from this very same message board.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...ilification-alive-and-well-in-the-Indie-Field.

Gadfly

Crusader
I don't want this to be an attack on Costillo, especially on hearsay from a PC folder. My God. Do me a favor, and delete the PC folder stuff, OK?

Hey, that is why I clearly said:

"Interestingly, and this is ONLY hearsay . . . . I have no idea, and this is ONLY a claim of somebody else."

This is a FACT - that I HEARD this. It is a fact that I was told this by an auditor at FOLO EUS. It is also a fact that, as I said, I have NO IDEA whether it was "true".

One doesn't need that bit of data to "attack Castillo", as he says too many stupid things all on his own in PT to warrant an "attack". :biggrin:

I did go back to edit the post, but my 30 minutes were up. What is one to do? But also, I was going to be a smart-ass, and redact the appropriate lines in YELLOW blocked background, so that the text could still be read!

Smilla

Ordinary Human

One of the more astonishing things about Indie Scientologists is this.

When CoS (Miscavige, Tommy Davis, et al) get up and blatantly lie to the media or to CoS Scientololgists everyone (including Indies) is outraged at the obvious lying.

But when people (trying to protect Scientology or Hubbard) blatantly lie, Indies not only don't give a damn, they actually have wins on it.

Duckspeak

"Duckspeak is a Newspeak term meaning literally to quack like a duck or to speak without thinking. Duckspeak can be either good or "ungood" (bad), depending on who is speaking, and whether what they are saying is in following with the ideals of Big Brother. To speak rubbish and lies may be ungood, but to speak rubbish and lies for the good of "The Party" may be good. In the appendix to 1984, Orwell explains:
“ Ultimately it was hoped to make articulate speech issue from the larynx without involving the higher brain centres at all. This aim was frankly admitted in the Newspeak word duckspeak […]. Like various words in the B vocabulary, duckspeak was ambivalent in meaning. Provided that the opinions which were quacked out were orthodox ones, it implied nothing but praise, and when the Times referred to one of the orators of the Party as a doubleplusgood duckspeaker it was paying a warm and valued compliment. ”
—Orwell, 1984​
An example of a skillful duckspeaker in action is provided in the beginning of chapter 9, in which an Inner Party speaker is haranguing the crowd about the crimes of Eurasia when a note is passed into his hand; he does not stop speaking for a moment, or change his voice or manner, but (according to the changed party line) he now condemns the crimes of Eastasia, which is Oceania's new enemy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Newspeak_words

Veda

Sponsor
Hey, that is why I clearly said:

"Interestingly, and this is ONLY hearsay . . . . I have no idea, and this is ONLY a claim of somebody else."

This is a FACT - that I HEARD this. It is a fact that I was told this by an auditor at FOLO EUS. It is also a fact that, as I said, I have NO IDEA whether it was "true".

One doesn't need that bit of data to "attack Castillo", as he says too many stupid things all on his own in PT to warrant an "attack". :biggrin:

It's still not OK, and it diminishes the message of this thread, IMO.

I probably shouldn't even have mentioned Costillo, and should have just described him as a poster at Marty's blog. He's just someone caught in the middle.

Sneakster, I had to mention, if only briefly, since his demand of a retraction was remarkable, and it illustrated the mood of the MartyWorld people.

Gadfly

Crusader
It's still not OK, and it diminishes the message of this thread, IMO.

I probably shouldn't even have mentioned Costillo. He's just someone caught in the middle.

Hey, as we all know, all sorts of stuff gets tossed into threads (that some feel shouldn't be there). Tough noogies. It happens (pretty much always). :confused2:

But also, I have already ADDED content that DOES contribute to the point that you made, and that others have also added to in a similar way.

Veda, I know you like to "control" the direction your threads take, but that is impossible on what is basically a free-for-all message board. But, you are free to keep trying. :confused2:

If I were you I would bask in the knowledge that there ARE many more who will probably ADD to it, support what you say, at least in some related way, than who will "detract" from the message. That will happen because the greater majority here on ESMB are NOT gun-toting rabid supporters of Hubbard and the "Church" of Scientology, and have woken up to at least some major degree.

Hey, it could be worse. I could interject a lengthy discussion on the nature of "understanding". Don't worry, I won't. :biggrin:

HelluvaHoax!

Why would anyone not believe that tubs had thrown Mary Sue (and Jane
Kember and the other 9 GOWW staff) under a bus?

His interest in Mary Sue both while she was in gaol and then for the rest of her life was apparently not that of a loving (and grateful husband) ... she was immediately dumped, she was a down-stat because she got caught while carrying out his 007 wannabe infiltration orders!

The man was a complete bastard.

An ode humbly gifted to Indiekind by Marty Rathbun.

An Ode to L Ron Hubbard

You said your legacy would be the tech
but the dictator said otherwise
and the church began its demise
and hurt came to those who would object

You said there was no hidden data line
but the dictator said he knew better
and burned all of your policy letters
and the church went into long term decline

You said the tech was timeless and free
but the dictator wanted power and cash
and made your truth a confusing hash
and status and greed replaced the state of OT

You acknowledged the loyalty of your gracious wife
but the dictator used her as a stepping stone
and she died forgotten, friendless and alone
and thus he erased your dear Manuela from your life

You raised three fine children and one who died too soon
but the dictator wanted them forgotten too
and your progeny turned from sunshine to blue
and the many who loved you wept under a sorrowful moon

You had faith that your friends would make it come out right
but the dictator mis-used your treasure to enervate them
and black dianetics, reverse scientology internecine mayhem
and with violence did he destroy their willingness to fight

You said only truth could penetrate thick armor plate
and though the dictator protested this fact
it was your ace in the hole that has our back
and everyday now more are working to reverse your fate

And alas, it may take time and a perilous struggle
but we assure you it is too late to reverse our tide
you’ve got friends to the end of time on your side
and come hell or high water we’ll emerge from this jungle

Because we know you were right that the truth shall set us free
and that is one thing no dictator will ever take away
it will be your real friends standing at the end of day
humanity freed, the only proper acknowledgment of thee

This entire ode is one of the most and perniciously destructive pieces of lying propaganda that any Scientologist has ever devised to hide the true nature of Hubbard and Scientology.

Indies who read this without feeling a horrific urge to cringe have lost both their common sense and their humanity.

Smilla

Ordinary Human

An Ode to L Ron Hubbard

You acknowledged the loyalty of your gracious wife
but the dictator used her as a stepping stone
and she died forgotten, friendless and alone
and thus he erased your dear Manuela from your life

You raised three fine children and one who died too soon
but the dictator wanted them forgotten too
and your progeny turned from sunshine to blue
and the many who loved you wept under a sorrowful moon

You had faith that your friends would make it come out right
but the dictator mis-used your treasure to enervate them
and black dianetics, reverse scientology internecine mayhem
and with violence did he destroy their willingness to fight

You said only truth could penetrate thick armor plate
and though the dictator protested this fact
it was your ace in the hole that has our back
and everyday now more are working to reverse your fate

And alas, it may take time and a perilous struggle
but we assure you it is too late to reverse our tide
you’ve got friends to the end of time on your side
and come hell or high water we’ll emerge from this jungle

Because we know you were right that the truth shall set us free
and that is one thing no dictator will ever take away
it will be your real friends standing at the end of day
humanity freed, the only proper acknowledgment of thee

This entire ode is one of the most and perniciously destructive pieces of lying propaganda that any Scientologist has ever devised to hide the true nature of Hubbard and Scientology.

Indies who read this without feeling a horrific urge to cringe have lost both their common sense and their humanity.

That might well be the worst poem ever written, but there is another contender - William McGonagall, whose poetic style is so similar to Marty's that I'm thinking reincarnation. Here is a sample:

The poem is by far the most famous ever written by McGonagall, and is still widely quoted. It begins:

"Beautiful railway bridge of the silv'ry Tay
Alas! I am very sorry to say
That ninety lives have been taken away
On the last sabbath day of 1879
Which shall be remembered for a very long time."

And it ends:

"Oh! Ill-fated bridge of the silv'ry Tay
I now must conclude my lay
By telling the world fearlessly without the least dismay
That your central girders would not have given way
At least many sensible men do say
Had they been supported on each side with buttresses
At least many sensible men confesses
For the stronger we our houses build
The less chance we have of being killed"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tay_Bridge_Disaster

Gadfly

Crusader

An Ode to L Ron Hubbard

You acknowledged the loyalty of your gracious wife . . . .

I have started to read this "essay" in the past, but I only can get through a few paragraphs before I start wretching and laughing uncontrollably.

It is THEATRE! And, very BAD theatre at that.

:puke2:

Marty, MARTY, you raving imbecile, HUBBARD was the original DICTATOR.

Hubbard is the model that Miscavige patterns himself after, and DM does a pretty good job of THAT. That explains why he is just a dick.

Hurt has ALWAYS come to those who would object.

There has ALWAYS been a hidden data line.

The Scientology organization, based on Hubbard's design, has ALWAYS wanted power and cash.

Status and greed have ALWAYS been paramount with Hubbard and his followers.

I could go on with the rest of the essay, but I haven't read it . . . .

Last edited:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
One of Sneakster's posts on MartyWorld.

It's actually kind of sad to see an adult so desperate to cling onto fairy tales.

Scientology makes the able more [STRIKE]able[/STRIKE] pathetic.

oh lord. I like Mike and it's very frustrating to see him acting like such a douchewaffle.

The thing about what files Franks did and didn't have access to...I remember when I came into Scientology in the early 80s, the GO by that time had been taken over by the Sea Org. I think they existed as the GO under the SO before they were disbanded in 1983 or so. Then they were "Special Unit" for a little while before OSA was formed. Anyone who was around at that time: Does this sound right to you? I joined the SO in 1982 and at that time the GO was definitely not autonomous.

The other thing...I know I read all kinds of "confidential" advices and dispatches and other such things when I was in, and I was a peon. You could get your hands on stuff if you really wanted to. Just because someone is not supposed to have access to something doesn't mean they won't come across it. I was married at one time to someone in Estates and it was amazing the amount of shit he read and saw going through those Exec rooms and such.

You gotta remember, the time period Franks is taking about is probably late 70s early 80s. People didn't have personal computers then; everything was on paper. Really easy for stuff to wind up in the wrong hands.