What's new

CofS's Petulant Rebuttal to Cruise Bio

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Silver Meritorious Patron
I think some emails need to be sent to the Sydney Morning Herald:

Mugged in print by bigots in righteous masksMiranda Devine
January 31, 2008
http://www.smh.com.au/news/opinion/...righteous-masks/2008/01/30/1201369226114.html

Here is what I wrote:

RE: Defense of Tom Cruise Zeal for the Church of Scientology.

Stories like this, if read by Tom, will only feed his ego and the lies he has to tell himself about the Church of Scientology.

As an aside, I don't think the author of this story would be so broad minded if one of his children were caught up in the activities of this cult, earning $50 per week and working 11 to 12 hours per day and living in a dorm with 10 other people and threatened with the RPF if they did not spout Hubbardisms with enough sincerity and keep their statistics up every week.

I believe Mr. Tom knows in his heart about these abuses of children, not to mention the adults. Tom is given very very special treatment in the hopes that his zealous endorsement of the Church of Scientology will bring in money and a fresh "volunteer" labor force.

I thought journalists were supposed to expose lies to help the public make the correct decisions. There is a lie behind this journalist's story.

Tom himself might be deluded, okay, that's alright you say, leave him alone. On the balance, the more Tom promotes the CofS the more it's abuses and lies need to come to light. It is a public service.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Here is what I wrote:

RE: Defense of Tom Cruise Zeal for the Church of Scientology.

Stories like this, if read by Tom, will only feed his ego and the lies he has to tell himself about the Church of Scientology.

As an aside, I don't think the author of this story would be so broad minded if one of his children were caught up in the activities of this cult, earning $50 per week and working 11 to 12 hours per day and living in a dorm with 10 other people and threatened with the RPF if they did not spout Hubbardisms with enough sincerity and keep their statistics up every week.

I believe Mr. Tom knows in his heart about these abuses of children, not to mention the adults. Tom is given very very special treatment in the hopes that his zealous endorsement of the Church of Scientology will bring in money and a fresh "volunteer" labor force.

I thought journalists were supposed to expose lies to help the public make the correct decisions. There is a lie behind this journalist's story.

Tom himself might be deluded, okay, that's alright you say, leave him alone. On the balance, the more Tom promotes the CofS the more it's abuses and lies need to come to light. It is a public service.

Good one, Colleen!!

I think the more we make Scientology Celebrities responsible for the abuses of the Church, the quicker those abuses will end.

Scientology celebrities are very vulnerable to public opinion. Their tickets sales, TV ad revenue, and ability to get work, all depend on being popular with the general public.

Letting the public know that these celebrities condone and support the destruction of families, the enforced abortions, and the suppression of the freedom of speech and artistic expression, is a powerful tool to get these abuses to cease.

Last edited: