What's new

David Beckham on reports that Tom Cruise is luring him to Scientology

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24569835-5012974,00.html

David Beckham on reports that Tom Cruise is luring him to Scientology
Article from: Font size:DecreaseIncreaseEmail article:EmailPrint article:printSubmit comment:Submit comment
October 29, 2008 12:00am
DAVID Beckham has spoken about reports that he is to become a Scientologist, and that he is preparing for an acting career as his time on the field draws to a close.

DAVID Beckham reveals his future in the movies, talks about his links with Tom Cruise and scientology and spills the beans on what his tatts mean.

Gallery: David Beckham in all his glory (almost)

Becks has been rumoured to be opting for a career as an actor after life as a professional footballer, with the help of good pal Tom Cruise.

"What film career? I haven’t got one. Never say never, except about that! And that’s the way it’s going to stay," he tells the UK's GQ magazine.

Gallery: Beckham, the superstar

As his team Los Angeles Galaxy prepare to play A-League side Queensland Roar in Brisbane, Beckham spoke out about rumours that his friend Tom Cruise was trying to lure him into Scientology.

He said Cruise is not trying to recruit him into the controversial religion.

"I respect any person's religion but he's never pushed anything on to us. Friends don't do that," the 33-year-old said.

Gallery: Celebrity tattoos

But the world's most famous footballer, who is in talks to make a temporary move to Italian giants AC Milan, did open up about his famous tattos.

He said that all his tattoos have a religious theme.

"I'm not too religious. But I believe there is something out there that looks after you," he told GQ.

It's also reported that Victoria Beckham has been offered a staggering £10 million ($25 million) to shoot a documentary on her husband's move to Milan.

The Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, 72, is keen to show the couple arriving, house-hunting and settling in to the city – similar to the ill-fated programme Victoria Beckham: Coming To America, which she made about her move to the US.

Carnaubawax

Patron Meritorious
I think it's a good idea for him and Cruise to team up. They could pool their resources and be a half wit.

Andrew

Patron with Honors
I think it's a good idea for him and Cruise to team up. They could pool their resources and be a half wit.

Er...

Beckham would then be the most well paid, successful* "half-wit" the world has ever seen. (right up there with George W.)

Those cogs may turn a bit more slowly than others, but they turn and very effectively.

*If you measure success in terms of achievement of ones goals

Carnaubawax

Patron Meritorious
Er...

Beckham would then be the most well paid, successful* "half-wit" the world has ever seen. (right up there with George W.)

Those cogs may turn a bit more slowly than others, but they turn and very effectively.

Who knows what their goals are? Could be Beckham wanted to be a train driver.

Could be Cruise wanted to be an interesting person.

Who knows?

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Er...

If you measure the success of someone by their money alone.
Beckham is an average pro player. He's gained "success" by the modeling he's done.