What's new

Did Hubbard ever explain why he had such a hard on for LSD?

I know Hubbard had a huge hard on for LSD, but I don't recall him ever getting around to explaining why he had such a hard on for it, maybe he did, but my attention span just wasn't long enough to make it to that portion of his endless rambling.

Anyway ...

I happened to have BBC Radio News playing in the background this morning, they aired a short segment on Albert Hofmann the inventor of LSD. It piqued my interest enough to lead me to this documentary. I only watched the first segment so far but I found it extremely interesting and plan on watching the entire piece. It seems LSD messes with the same portions of the brain as the hypnotic trance Hubbard's mind control does, but LSD cranks it up to 11, and the effect wears off sooner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPG0Uc_6SpM

His accidental LSD trip reminded me of those stories of I've read about 'The Old Days' when Hubbard's half-ass tech would leave people in a completely dysfunctional trance until someone would run through a checklist of random bullshit trigger words hoping that one of the words would snap the poor bastard out of the trance.

... then they'd marvel at themselves for being able to place someone in a mind fuck and luckily find a way of get them out of it.

I still get a good laugh at people referring to Hubbard's pile of shit as 'tech' .

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is how Hubbard cooked up his Bridge to Total Spiritual Freedom - he took LSD! He did not want you to take it because then you would figure out how he came up with the bullshit!!:coolwink:

Anything Hubbard railed against - CIA, FBI, Covert Operations, Journalists - he was afraid he would be "found out" and these types just restimulated his missed withhold - which eventually drove him into hiding in the desert the last 15 years of his life in disguise!

So you just look, look, look at all the things he wanted you to stay away from and you will find his secrets! You do the opposite of what Hubbard tells you to do if you want to find out what scientology is and what it is not!

Hubbard said LSD can produce FLASHBACKS! Anyone here suffer from FLASHBACKS from Scientology? See what I mean!!

This is how Hubbard cooked up his Bridge to Total Spiritual Freedom - he took LSD! He did not want you to take it because then you would figure out how he came up with the bullshit!!:coolwink:

Anything Hubbard railed against - CIA, FBI, Covert Operations, Journalists - he was afraid he would be "found out" and these types just restimulated his missed withhold - which eventually drove him into hiding in the desert the last 15 years of his life in disguise!

So you just look, look, look at all the things he wanted you to stay away from and you will find his secrets! You do the opposite of what Hubbard tells you to do if you want to find out what scientology is and what it is not!

Hubbard said LSD can produce FLASHBACKS! Anyone here suffer from FLASHBACKS from Scientology? See what I mean!!

The only problem is that when you say that others restimulated Hubbard's missed withhold then you're telling me that the tech works.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
The only problem is that when you say that others restimulated Hubbard's missed withhold then you're telling me that the tech works.

The Anabaptist Jacques

For a piece of the "tech" to "work" here & there hardly makes the whole body of that ( so-called ) tech true.

And " works " is so vastly vague. It "works" to remove a mountain with a teaspoon.
Doesn't " work" as well as a shovel but it " works ".

Everything between the teaspoon and massive earth movers "work " - but how effectively ?

Cult seems to way overrate the word "work".

For a piece of the "tech" to "work" here & there hardly makes the whole body of that ( so-called ) tech true.

And " works " is so vastly vague. It "works" to remove a mountain with a teaspoon.
Doesn't " work" as well as a shovel but it " works ".

Everything between the teaspoon and massive earth movers "work " - but how effectively ?

Cult seems to way overrate the word "work".

But for restimulating a missed withhold to be a real thing than a lot of Hubbard's premises must be true.

The Anabaptist Jacques

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
But for restimulating a missed withhold to be a real thing than a lot of Hubbard's premises must be true.

The Anabaptist Jacques
i think most normal people get really uncomfortable when they are guilty about something and or they are forced to lie, even if only by omission of the truth. not tech, just human nature if one has a conciense. therefore, i doubt hubbard ever had a "missed withold" per se, but of course he didnt want to be found out,that would ruin his bottom line.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud

The Anabaptist Jacques

LOL ! Yes, if one choses to think in cult think then there are " missed witholds" & " restimulation" - on that I'd agree with you entirely.

However, it would seem to me, that life and various manisfestations of life & living can be expressed & lived really outside the cult mind set.

Reminds me of O'Riley on Fox News ends with a word - which he uses in a sentence but doesn't define. If I want to know what a word means , uh, does that make me a scientologist ? LOL !

Guess it all depends on which alter one cares to worship, eh ?

Here we see Hubbard in action - misunderstanding the cause of a flashback - see below - and trying to solve flashbacks with quackery based on his misunderstanding (the Purif) which ends up being ineffectual, and in some cases, harmful. I am reminded of the POS (power of source record) posts by Face which eyeopeningly present his ego centric view of the world around him. Damn, Ron - you wrote the obnosis drill, "look don't think", "what is real to you is real" - perhaps you didn't take the time to realize YOU WERE WRONG! You didn't really look - you didn't understand anything beyond you own assumptions of reality. Thanks Dude for fucking with my life. Idiot.

Mimsey (I think I am, to some degree responsible for buying into it, don't get me wrong, but to engage in such wide scale deception - sheesh! What a moral lapse on his part.)

Flashbacks and HPPD

See also: Flashback (psychology)

"Flashbacks" are a reported psychological phenomenon in which an individual experiences an episode of some of LSD's subjective effects long after the drug has worn off, usually in the days after typical doses. In some rarer cases, flashbacks have lasted longer, but are generally short-lived and mild compared to the actual LSD "trip". Flashbacks can incorporate both positive and negative aspects of LSD trips, and are typically elicited by triggers such as alcohol or cannabis use, stress, caffeine, or sleepiness. Flashbacks have proven difficult to study and are no longer officially recognized as a psychiatric syndrome. However, colloquial usage of the term persists and usually refers to any drug-free experience reminiscent of psychedelic drug effects, with the typical connotation that the episodes are of short duration.

No definitive explanation is currently available for these experiences. Any attempt at explanation must reflect several observations: first, over 70 percent of LSD users claim never to have "flashed back"; second, the phenomenon does appear linked with LSD use, though a causal connection has not been established; and third, a higher proportion of psychiatric patients report flashbacks than other users.[57] Several studies have tried to determine how likely a user of LSD, not suffering from known psychiatric conditions, is to experience flashbacks. The larger studies include Blumenfeld's in 1971[58] and Naditch and Fenwick's in 1977,[59] which arrived at figures of 20% and 28%, respectively.

Although flashbacks themselves are not recognized as a medical syndrome, there is a recognized syndrome called Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD) in which LSD-like visual changes are not temporary and brief, as they are in flashbacks, but instead are persistent, and cause clinically significant impairment or distress. The syndrome is a DSM-IV diagnosis. Several scientific journal articles have described the disorder.[60]

HPPD differs from flashbacks in that it is persistent and apparently entirely visual (although mood and anxiety disorders are sometimes diagnosed in the same individuals). A recent review suggests that HPPD (as defined in the DSM-IV) is rare and affects only a distinctly vulnerable subpopulation of users.[61] However, it is possible that the prevalence of HPPD is underestimated because most of the diagnoses are applied to people who are willing to admit to their health care practitioner that they have previously used psychotropics, and presumably many people are reluctant to admit this.[62]

There is no consensus regarding the nature and causes of HPPD (or flashbacks). A study of 44 HPPD subjects who had previously ingested LSD showed EEG abnormalities.[63] Given that some symptoms have environmental triggers, it may represent a failure to adjust visual processing to changing environmental conditions. There are no explanations for why only some individuals develop HPPD. Explanations in terms of LSD physically remaining in the body for months or years after consumption have been discounted by experimental evidence.[57] Some say HPPD is a manifestation of post-traumatic stress disorder, not related to the direct action of LSD on brain chemistry, and varies according to the susceptibility of the individual to the disorder. Many emotionally intense experiences can lead to flashbacks when a person is reminded acutely of the original experience. However, not all published case reports of HPPD appear to describe an anxious hyper-vigilant state reminiscent of post-traumatic stress disorder. Instead, some cases appear to involve only visual symptoms.[57]

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Actually this is a perfect place to find out if the purif did anything to handle LSD flashbacks.

Anyone here have LSD flashbacks and after doing the purif no longer had them?

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Actually this is a perfect place to find out if the purif did anything to handle LSD flashbacks.

I never had any LSD flashbacks before, during or after the Purif.

I would love to have a general estimate of the #trips LRH took. :confused2:

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

The Anabaptist Jacques

The tech works? :whistling: Take a look around - see any clears and OT's?

Yes - I agree and have all along that there are some sprinklings of sugar amongst the poison. That is the trap of Scientology and all cults. The truths are mixed more in the beginning stages of scientology - the div 6 courses. The ratio of truth verses lies changes the more you get involved in this cult. XENU??? Really??? Body thetans and clusters?? Where is the science of this knowledge. L Ron Hubbard was a proven con man and liar!

I never said the tech works. But he captured some truths and mixed in a whole lot of lies! Just look at Scientology - they are applying the tech and now they have to gag people, keep them from looking, speaking and thinking for themselves! Death, bankruptcy, broken hearts are all the products of the tech!!

Well, the tech works when 100% standardly applied but you can never 100% standardly apply now can you?:lol: Scientology does not work! Best to discard all of it w/o sorrow!! That's what you do with trash! My 660 lbs of tech is rotting in some land fill! It was a total waste of money and time!

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

I was told no one could do Scientology if they did LSD - that was in 2008! Illegal as hell!! The cult is very paranoid now - I think most people are illegal for scientology - thank God!

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was told no one could do Scientology if they did LSD - that was in 2008! Illegal as hell!! The cult is very paranoid now - I think most people are illegal for scientology - thank God!

No one can join the SO if they've done LSD. I've never heard what you state.

And why was that?

Flashbacks can incorporate both positive and negative aspects of LSD trips, and are typically elicited by triggers such as alcohol or cannabis use, stress, caffeine, or sleepiness
What are staff under? The very stuff that may cause flashbacks - stress, caffeine and lack of sleep. So - great solution Ron, instead of reducing the stress and sleep dipravation in the SO, you eliminate people who can have taken LSD and may react badly to your [STRIKE]Toxic hell.[/STRIKE] friendly orgs.

Mimsey

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron

And I thank whatever power created this universe that I had the good sense to take LSD. Because it kept the fucking Sea Aaaarrrrrggghhh recruiters at bay.

"Are you sure it was LSD?" (Sea Org Recruiter...)

"Well, the walls were melting and myself and my friends laughed at a dark shape in the trees that might have been a chicken for several hours... Yeah, it was acid."

The tech works? :whistling: Take a look around - see any clears and OT's?

Yes - I agree and have all along that there are some sprinklings of sugar amongst the poison. That is the trap of Scientology and all cults. The truths are mixed more in the beginning stages of scientology - the div 6 courses. The ratio of truth verses lies changes the more you get involved in this cult. XENU??? Really??? Body thetans and clusters?? Where is the science of this knowledge. L Ron Hubbard was a proven con man and liar!

I never said the tech works. But he captured some truths and mixed in a whole lot of lies! Just look at Scientology - they are applying the tech and now they have to gag people, keep them from looking, speaking and thinking for themselves! Death, bankruptcy, broken hearts are all the products of the tech!!

Well, the tech works when 100% standardly applied but you can never 100% standardly apply now can you?:lol: Scientology does not work! Best to discard all of it w/o sorrow!! That's what you do with trash! My 660 lbs of tech is rotting in some land fill! It was a total waste of money and time!

I never said that the Tech works. You implied that it did when you used Scientology Technical terms like restimulation and missed withhold.

For missed withhold to be a real phenomenon then other points of Scientology would have to be valid too.

You can't have a missed withhold without withholds and by-passed charge and bank etc.

It is not the same as looking up a word.

The Anabaptist Jacques

You can't have a missed withhold without withholds and by-passed charge and bank etc.
Are you trying to say you can't have a missed withhold unless you are a scientiologist? I mean - this is a rose is still a rose by any other name. The phenomina of wondering if someone knew you did a naughty or not exists no matter what you call it.

Mimsey

Are you trying to say you can't have a missed withhold unless you are a scientiologist? I mean - this is a rose is still a rose by any other name. The phenomina of wondering if someone knew you did a naughty or not exists no matter what you call it.

Mimsey

Yes, that is what I am saying.

A missed withhold is something that only exist in the context of Scientology.

The phenomena of wondering if someone knew you did a naughty or not may exist, but that is not the exact same thing.

Missed withholds only exists in the context of other Scientology phenomenon.

There are a lot of presuppositions in the Scientology definition of Missed withhold that is not part of the real world.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Mimsey

Yes, that is what I am saying.

A missed withhold is something that only exist in the context of Scientology.

The phenomena of wondering if someone knew you did a naughty or not may exist, but that is not the exact same thing.

Missed withholds only exists in the context of other Scientology phenomenon.

There are a lot of presuppositions in the Scientology definition of Missed withhold that is not part of the real world.

The Anabaptist Jacques

This sounds a bit like a Koan to me (in a good way).

Can I have a missed withold if I am not a scientologist?

Others?:
What were you before you were a Thetan?