What's new

Episode -Is your Org Better Than Mine . . .?

cantsay

Patron Meritorious
Every man and his dog gets to read through your folder, even in Class Vs.

I always thought it was just our org that was crap, and that going saint hill size would fix it, so we had to work harder. Then I visited some other orgs in Aus and saw they were just as starved for people as we were, and their staff were living on 2-minute noodles just like us. Then I came here and found out that the St Hill sized orgs are ALSO starved for people, and eating 2-minute noodles.....

Ever notice how communication between orgs in one country is kinda like a no-no?? an unwritten rule - probably something caused by the bloody Birthday Game.

Another thing - did anyone think the "why" and "handling" given as the explanation for the Birthday Game was the biggest load of horse sh#t youd ever heard? "Ron set up a game for his birthday, when his birthday was over stats went down so he had it investigated (was he that retarded? REALLY?) and the handling was to do the damn game every week! Yeah!" That always struck me as rediculous.

R6Basic

Patron Meritorious
I was in a mission so some the the list didn't apply. But a lot of it did.

The events did always make it look like the rest of the world was doing great. One time we won the B-day game (golf clap) and I saw US (Yeah!) on the TV getting the big reward and when the announcer said all the great things we did over the last year I was like 'what I've been hear all that time (6 to 7 days a week working 10 to 12 hour days) and I didn't see any of that going on. Made me start to think the rest of the churches maybe weren't doing so well then either.

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Every man and his dog gets to read through your folder, even in Class Vs.

I always thought it was just our org that was crap, and that going saint hill size would fix it, so we had to work harder. Then I visited some other orgs in Aus and saw they were just as starved for people as we were, and their staff were living on 2-minute noodles just like us. Then I came here and found out that the St Hill sized orgs are ALSO starved for people, and eating 2-minute noodles.....

Ever notice how communication between orgs in one country is kinda like a no-no?? an unwritten rule - probably something caused by the bloody Birthday Game.

Another thing - did anyone think the "why" and "handling" given as the explanation for the Birthday Game was the biggest load of horse sh#t youd ever heard? "Ron set up a game for his birthday, when his birthday was over stats went down so he had it investigated (was he that retarded? REALLY?) and the handling was to do the damn game every week! Yeah!" That always struck me as rediculous.

Two minute noodles:dieslaughing::dieslaughing:that's funny and yet sadly sums up the deplorable state of affairs of the average staff member in an Org..We have the greatest Tech and Admin in the universe...and yet we're eating 2 minute noodles for breakfast, lunch and dinner...if we're lucky!

It appears,from reading all the posts so far, that all our Orgs were doing shitty.

TP

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
If someone actually wanted to make the Orgs survive they could stop the stat push, and micromanagement, the screaming phone calls to the ED from the CLO and the constant rape of class 4 orgs by the SO. As it is I'm happy to see it disappear up its own R6 Bank let them carry on.

The cult has no management tech, except pressure, stress and evalution and invalidation, and the rest of their tech sucks too.

Following policy is the best way to make it all disappear. Let's all hope it's soon.

TR'SIN

Patron with Honors
. . . . then there is the review of progress by any individual who seemed to access his credit line easily, they get their case reviewed at Product Conference to see what the attack strategy would be. Often it was two or three terminals would gang up on the guy the next time he came to course and it was called Hard Sell Strategy # WTF - Tag Registration. :grouch: :grouch:

Wisened One

Crusader
. . . . then there is the review of progress by any individual who seemed to access his credit line easily, they get their case reviewed at Product Conference to see what the attack strategy would be. Often it was two or three terminals would gang up on the guy the next time he came to course and it was called Hard Sell Strategy # WTF - Tag Registration. :grouch: :grouch:

Yep, we employed a tactic called Good Guy/Bad Guy, too. Where Bad Guy would kinda push, badger and pressure the guy (verbally, mentally, emotionally and spiritually, never physically afaik), then Good Guy would appear to be on the guy's side and be more gentle, almost defending the guy to Bad Guy to gain the guy's trust in Good Guy, and back and forth this'd go to wear down gradually the guy until he'd buy. :eyeroll: :no:

Last edited:

JBTrendy

Patron with Honors
Reform1RON.2

During my time on the board (recent) I"ve seen so many stories like mine and the 1st couple of espisodes I posted helped to vent my own BPC.

***Note for all - I will use Scientologese in my writings simply because it is the language used in these events. Its a form of shorthand. *****

I will attempt to be brief and list some of the most bothersome activities for any lurkers who would think "we" all tend to embellish. Its rather easy to document in most cases -sorry.

---Our Org would:
Send staff to missions and other Orgs to do "Tours" thru the PES and ?Div 6?- to Reg their public for money and do it in the name of help.

Exchange Tech terminals with other Orgs in the name of delivery.

Move people around th Org Board at the whim and fancy of the ED, with or without hats.

Use "Ethics" to terrorize public into buying more auditing to handle their out-ethics.

Let the Reg's use illegal methods to get money into the bank - and clean up the mess later.

Work the staff to the point of fainting and pay them pennies per hour.

Use children as "staff" to handle babies and call it a nursery?

Let out-ethics (perverts/drug-dealers/drug-users/) into the course room once they were reg'ed without ethics handlings under the guise of upstats?

Well maybe my Org was worse than your Org.

Here's how I know. I went to 2 Missions and 2 Orgs as the terminal to give a briefing/lecture/reg tour and enlighten people on how to get up the Bridge faster at our Org and pay me now.

I was sent to another Org as a delivery person during the time that the Qual Sec had pulled my certs because of my High Crime backlog. Not only did I deliver to the other Org I was in-charge of delivery and registration. The exchange person held a Cert for a new delivery process and we had sold these processes to the public but had no one to deliver them; therefore the exchange was the "Greater Good."

I moved to three or four posts without being replaced at my old post because the ED was convinced I could handle the new area without hatting. I did and got hatted. Usually as soon as I got hatted, I would be moved again.

I did a couple Sec Checks on public who were then routed to Ethics because of their revealed ethics situation and so much for confidentiality. The EO's job became the enforcer to make them sign up for hours to handle their percieved problem.

More times than I cared to count the Reg would just use someones credit card to put money in the bank and call it income. They would find out and complain and then she would get "handled" and go right back on post. Then that would happen again after some stat push or another and same thing - same result.

And so on and so on . . . !:duh::duh:

All these years later, talking to a friend who is also out; we would look at the same things and realize that while we were on post, it seemed like this universe was the only one. We never really considered that other Orgs had the very same things occurring. But, of course, this was a daily happening everywhere. NO expectation of becoming the famous Saint Hill Size.

I still can not explain why I didn't wake up - or how I could allow this shit to happen - even how I slept at night. It all seems so awful now.

How was your Org?

Hi TRSIN and thanks a lot for you precius input.

During my Scientology carreer I visited over 100 Orgs and Missions and terribly enough your statement isn't an isolate case. Far from it. In fact in became the norm the more and more New DM management took over.

Now it's time to reform and as far as Orgs are concerned the policy that apply at this level is from the good old days in Saint Hill size before the Big GPMs hit the fan and that crazy control freek management got injected in.

Missions are field auditor activities and not a regging open field to higher echelon.

Post 67 and the launch of the Sea project it's another ball game and policies of this sphere of influence doesn't have to interfere wrongly with the Orgs. And Orgs are about training auditors and are not an open field for Sea Org Orgs.

Let's respect the echelons and rehabilitate the Freezone that is nowadays where workable tech can be in use when delivered by truly independant terminals.

Until DM and his clique are not put off the game and a true reform take place, Churches of Scientology are not a save place to be for the Loyal friends of Ron.

All2U :duh::duh::duh:

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
If someone actually wanted to make the Orgs survive they could stop the stat push, and micromanagement, the screaming phone calls to the ED from the CLO and the constant rape of class 4 orgs by the SO. As it is I'm happy to see it disappear up its own R6 Bank let them carry on.

The cult has no management tech, except pressure, stress and evalution and invalidation, and the rest of their tech sucks too.

Following policy is the best way to make it all disappear. Let's all hope it's soon.

I agree completely:D I was joking about having the best "tech" in the universe.

TP

TR'SIN

Patron with Honors
Hey La La - I know the famous Hard Sell references where bound in a binder and sent around to all the CL IV Orgs at one time, and they became as referred to as often as the "Tech". I guess all Orgs used them at one time.

The Reg's would get Chinese Schooled on these and with all the repetition any bystander would be spouting the phrases soon enough. :unsure:

And as far as screaming goes - there was the so-called George Thunderbird reference to get product-officers to use Tone 40(Yell) at their juniors to get production moving.

I even remember a time when a Reg got slapped directly across the mouth when she inferred that this tactic might not be the way to go.:ohmy:

TR'SIN

Patron with Honors
Dear Trendy, thanks for the acknowledgement. With your personal knowledge of over 100 Orgs and Missions all in the same boat - it validates my own perception that this was all a bunch of hooey. Stat push - mismangement - greed - absolutely diametrically opposed to the published "Goals".

Once again to those who made it - :happydance:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
How interesting I never thought that screaming at ED's was supposed to be Tone40 on the tone scale. Iv'e had an mu for years then. Those mothers I see in supermarkets screaming at their kids and telling them they'll have no more chocolate ever are actually really high toned near perfect beings!

Tone 40= punishing bodies.

My TA is floating now, thanks TRs'in

TR'SIN

Patron with Honors
Probably the idea that an Organization could survive on the idea a Reg would gather enough funds to support the Organization is the most absurd idea of "your Org could even be better than mine".

In a regular business world, gross income is never based simply on the receipts of the registar.(cash register)

Anyway, if your Org is better than mine; perhaps ou raised more GI than the 5X quota - maybe your post reached 5.4X and nothing else in your Org changed.

TR'SIN

Patron with Honors
The Birthday Game was really serious for me when two SO members who had been with LH at the original ST Hill writings (One was Qual Sec during the OtIII research) and the other actually signed off on original OT III materials) and they suggested that we buy those ascots he loved from a local craftsman who did them for his birthday. So we presented them at the end of the Birthday Game. This was approx 1981.

Guess what? no one ever acknowledged our org or staff for the gift.

TR'SIN

Patron with Honors
A good example is the reg'ing of a very "upstat public" a lady who had a lots of money ( her father had the rights to all amusement park rides that had roller coasters in the USA) in other words loads of money. The game was to get enough $ reg'd to pay for a computers for the entire Org - she would match that amount

We did it and so did she. Guess what the computers where used for?????
Central Files. I 'm still very fucked up about that if you don't mind. It was my project to bring the Org into the current century and it became a CF deal.
AAAAAAHHHHHHH ARRRRGGGGGHHHH I'm still upset about that.

TR'SIN

Patron with Honors
I must not be gettig my point across. This cost the local Org in the neighborhood of at least $225,000.00 because of the incompetence involved with trying to Reg according to the usual instead of using this as a way to advance the Org and the income.

lkwdblds

Crusader
It extends beyond your org, to your case, complaints,...

You bring up a good point. If the Org that one was a member of was not doing well or was involved in some form of corruption, one always thought that it was exclusively *our* Org. and not occurring elsewhere in the Scientological world.

When I went to events and was still under the spell I'd wonder why the rest of the "planet" was always doing so much better than *us*. Little did I know, until I started reading the internet and later joined this Board, that this was a global occurrence.

Scientology today is being kept alive by a small group of hardcore, mindless fanatics and,more regrettably, young naive individuals.

You're right, your Org was probably a shitty as mine:coolwink:

TP

Isn't this phenomena an eye opener? Before you find out the true situation, you may think your own Org is the only one struggling while nearly all the other Orgs are booming. In addition, you may think you are the only one objecting to looking at a blank wall, reciting pages of perfectly memorized tech and being flunked for the tiniest slip. Also you may find you are not the only one who thinks the prices are too high, the only one who objects to 45 minutes for lunch instead of an hour while doing an interneship, or who objects when you show up at Flag and are told the your $20,000 C/S estimate given you in your home town does not exist and the new corrected C/S of $45,000 is the correct figure.

By making it an Ethics infraction to discuss any of these types of occurances with anyone else accept the D of P, Ethics Officer or registrar, people are kept from uncovering the fact that they are all in the same boat. Most all Orgs are sitting empty in a beautiful building owned by C of S and paid for and furnished by Org public while everybody is going through the same negative thought processes but each person thinks that they are the only ones who aren't just sailing through the lines happy and contented.

We take freedom of speech for granted, so when it is denied us, as inside the Orgs, our minds seem to dub in a picture that everything is rosy and we tend to adopt a herd mentality and believe that things in general are okay, and any negative feelings belong only to us and not any others in our group. WE THINK EVERYONE ESLE IS DOING GREAT AND WE ARE ODD MAN OUT.
Lakey

Div6

Crusader
Lie Tek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyPBOxwjlfA

At around 5:20 in this video, David Aden LIES about the numbers of people on lines. And keeps his TR's in when called on it.

The capacity for self-delusion is endless, it seems.

In ANY conversations about "expansion", its Dox or GTFO.

This group used to promote the idea that they helped champion the "freedom of information act". They sure don't act like it......

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Isn't this phenomena an eye opener? Before you find out the true situation, you may think your own Org is the only one struggling while nearly all the other Orgs are booming. In addition, you may think you are the only one objecting to looking at a blank wall, reciting pages of perfectly memorized tech and being flunked for the tiniest slip. Also you may find you are not the only one who thinks the prices are too high, the only one who objects to 45 minutes for lunch instead of an hour while doing an interneship, or who objects when you show up at Flag and are told the your $20,000 C/S estimate given you in your home town does not exist and the new corrected C/S of $45,000 is the correct figure.

By making it an Ethics infraction to discuss any of these types of occurances with anyone else accept the D of P, Ethics Officer or registrar, people are kept from uncovering the fact that they are all in the same boat. Most all Orgs are sitting empty in a beautiful building owned by C of S and paid for and furnished by Org public while everybody is going through the same negative thought processes but each person thinks that they are the only ones who aren't just sailing through the lines happy and contented.

We take freedom of speech for granted, so when it is denied us, as inside the Orgs, our minds seem to dub in a picture that everything is rosy and we tend to adopt a herd mentality and believe that things in general are okay, and any negative feelings belong only to us and not any others in our group. WE THINK EVERYONE ESLE IS DOING GREAT AND WE ARE ODD MAN OUT.
Lakey

The silence that we were forced to maintain was the key ingredient which kept us there for so long in spite of all the incongruities witnessed by us. We were also indoctrinated to always introspect when things went wrong. It could never be LRH, the "tech" or management, they were infallible.

It still makes me cringe to I think how docilely I and others accepted all this.

I have come to a conclusion that Ethics Tech is one of the most dangerous tool in the "church."

TP

lkwdblds

Crusader
You summrize it very well!

The silence that we were forced to maintain was the key ingredient which kept us there for so long in spite of all the incongruities witnessed by us. We were also indoctrinated to always introspect when things went wrong. It could never be LRH, the "tech" or management, they were infallible.

It still makes me cringe to I think how docilely I and others accepted all this.

I have come to a conclusion that Ethics Tech is one of the most dangerous tool in the "church."

TP

You summarize it very well. I accepted this rule of silence "docilely" as well. I granted Hubbard superiority over me mentally and spiritually. I figured I was struggling just trying to keep a small business going and hold a marriage together and raise only two kids while by contrast, Hubbard had single handidly solved all the riddles of the Universe and was successfully repairing the societes on this planet. I felt that he had a million times more ability and wisdom than I had. Plenty of times I felt that what he was saying was wrong but I dociley accepted his viewpoint because I felt he was a million times wiser than me.

Had I been able to discuss these matters in an open forum using free speech. I would have discovered, along with everyone else, that much of what Hubbard was touting was not working and many were taking big losses, not just me. Hubbard anticipated that this type of phenomena would occur and so blocked free speech in his Orgs. The key is that he touted Free Speech in his various Codes and Proclamations but then blocked it inside of his own organizations. This was the warning flag for people to see which would have led them out of C of S but until the internet came along, very few people were able to see this.

The large defections which occurred in the early 80's were mostly rebellions against DM's administration and not Hubbard. Hubbard was still held in extremely high esteem by the vast majority of those early defectors.
Lakey

Last edited: