What's new

Feb. 1st at 6:30 pm: "Do All Religions Lead to God?" looking at Scientology

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Feb. 1st at 6:30 pm - Church Unlimited: "Do All Religions Lead to God?" looking at Scientology.

https://twitter.com/chrchunltd/status/826485306941722624

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

Church Unlimited @chrchunltd

Join us for a special First Wednesday on Feb. 1st at 6:30pm as Pastor Bil continues "Do All Religions Lead to God?" looking at Scientology.

tgYah5C.png

3ukLSyf.png

pqN3cn2.png

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

Church Unlimited

http://wearechurchunlimited.com/

rx2BXe7.png

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

VIDEO: Church Unlimited - Scientology - Do All Religions Lead to God?

[video=youtube;EoDGCvkHZV8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoDGCvkHZV8[/video]

* * * * * BEGIN INTRODUCTION * * * * *

Scientology - Do All Religions Lead to God?

Church Unlimited

Published on Feb 1, 2017

Scientology has become well-known in popular culture, but what is their system of beliefs based on? In this message, Pastor Bil Cornelius takes a look at the fundamentals of Scientology versus the basic principles found in God's Word.

* * * * * END INTRODUCTION * * * * *

CommunicatorIC

2jagexf.jpg

Sounds as cray-cray as Scientology. :duh:
If you watch the video, you will hear the minister make the point that unlike salvation in Scientology costing hundreds of thousands of dollars, Christian salvation is free.

Yes, Church Unlimited asks for donations -- as does the IAS in addition to the "fixed donations" for courses, auditing and the Scientology version of salvation. Unlike the Church of Scientology, it appears Church Unlimited actually does charity.

If the following is "cray-cray," then I want to be "cray-cray." And if you think the following is as "cray-cray" as Scientology, you might want to give it another thought.

http://wearechurchunlimited.com/missions

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Honduras

[video=youtube;k22azhGyK38]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k22azhGyK38[/video]

Church Unlimited supports Hospital Loma de Luz, a 40,000 square foot, 50-bed mission hospital. Between triage, out-patient clinic, emergency room, surgery (both in-patient and out-patient) and in-patient services, Loma de Luz cares for roughly 20,000 patients per year and performs about 600 surgical procedures per year. Loma de Luz serves a primary catchment area of roughly 70,000 souls, and takes referrals from Honduran physicians and nurses at Public Health facilities from all over Honduras.

Learn More

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

The Miracle League

The Miracle League removes the barriers that keep children with mental and physical disabilities off the baseball field and lets them experience the joy of America’s favorite past time.

Learn More

Dream Closet

The Dream Closet is an outreach ministry giving a hands-up to those in need with free clothing for all ages. The closet also serves mothers of babies, toddlers and mothers to be. Along with adult clothing, the closet includes: diapers, wipes, formula, strollers, high chairs, car seats, books and toys for toddlers.

Taking It To The Streets

Taking It To The Streets is a ministry of the Church Unlimited Westside Campus. We provide food, clothing, blankets, hygiene products and the Word of God to those who live on the streets of Corpus Christi. Taking It To The Streets is meeting at Loaves and Fishes, 1927 Leopard St. 78408. Join us every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month from 5:00pm - 6:00pm. All volunteers must email [email protected] to be placed on a schedule.

Rescue House

Church Unlimited has opened a Rescue House to help those caught in human trafficking. The Rescue House is dedicated to the rescue and restoration of young women who find themselves victims of commercial sexual exploitation through human trafficking.

Learn More

Haiti Orphanages

Through our partnership with C3 Global, Church Unlimited supports the House of Hope Orphanage in Haiti. This orphanage was affected by the Haiti earthquake and Church Unlimited has committed to support this organization in order to help them recover from the crisis. Donations, volunteers and financial support help to provide meals, school supplies, and other hygiene necessities.

Disaster Relief

Church Unlimited has donated funds, supplies and volunteers for crisis relief efforts such as Hurricane Katrina, the Japan Earthquake and the Joplin Tornado Relief Drive. Church Unlimited is the official Red Cross Location for our city. We are ready to respond to global and local disasters.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *'

Yep, the parishioners of Church Unlimited sure to deserve derision.

Last edited:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
CommunicatorIC:

If I had a friend that is involved in all sorts of humanitarian efforts (great! wonderful!) and also believes in fairies, unicorns, and leprechauns does that imply that fairies, unicorns, and leprechauns actually exist?

CommunicatorIC

CommunicatorIC:

If I had a friend that is involved in all sorts of humanitarian efforts (great! wonderful!) and also believes in fairies, unicorns, and leprechauns does that imply that fairies, unicorns, and leprechauns actually exist?
No, as a matter of pure logic it doesn't.

However, many people are motivated by their faith, whether true or not from an empirical perspective, or even justified from a purely rational perspective (that is why it is called faith), to engage in the humanitarian efforts. I'm thinking of the philosophy of William James, and for example his lectures on Pragmatism and The Will to Believe.

I'm also tired of the trite, lazy, condescending, superior, morally equivalent tone of some ex-Scientologists when it comes to people of faith.

I also find such tone counterproductive because it plays into the hands of the Church of Scientology. It allows the Church of Scientology to argue any criticism of Scientology is an attack on all religion, on all faith, and gain allies from other religions, and particularly these days from the religious right.

Quite frankly, I'm tired from years of dealing with militant, proselytizing, smart-ass atheists using Scientology to attack all religion -- e.g., LOL, what about a religion that says a man walked on water, huh? What about a religions that says a man rose from the dead, bud? -- conveniently ignoring what is really important -- i.e., what the various religions actually teach concerning ethics and morality.

But, heh, the important thing is that one make oneself feel intellectually and perhaps even morally superior by insulting others, regardless of the cost. The Christian minister of a mega-church makes a video criticizing Scientology from a Christian perspective, and the obviously respectful, kind, understanding and intelligent thing to do is to insult him, his congregation and his faith.

Last edited:

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hundreds of millions of people freely (unlike Scientologists) practice religions from the ridiculous to the sublime. They receive free counseling from Rabbis and Priests. They silently commune with God, lighting candles in prayer, reading devotionals, singing liturgical hymns, etc. etc. etc.

Scientology became a Church for defensive and tax purposes after Dr. Hubbard discovered the "religion angle." It is a cancer on the body of religion in the same way that Al Qaeda, ISIS, and Wahabbism are a cancer on Islam. Scientology isn't the only malignant fraud operating in the name of religion, but it is right up there with the very, very worst.

It is so heartening to see religious leaders speaking out.
More are needed to speak out against Scientology, the most Un-Christian of Churches.

Veda

Sponsor
0001961300000C1D-0-image-a-13_1435237628707.jpg

Various government officials in Europe and Australia have described Scientology Inc., not as a religion, but as a Psychological-Political cult (and also a criminal organization) disguised as a religion.

There is nothing more important to Scientology Inc. than being regarded as a genuine religious organization.

Atheists/materialists/"skeptics" who despise religion and then, thinking they're belittling Scientology by calling it a religion, are, unwittingly, helping to empower Scientology.

The next step for Scientology is to convince the general "wog" public that it's a genuine religion (specifically a "minority religion"), at which point mass-mind political-correctness will take over - it hopes - and people will become inhibited about criticizing or ridiculing Scientology or calling it a cult.

Why help sharpen Scientology's pointy "religion angle" so it can stab even more people with impunity?

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious
If you watch the video, you will hear the minister make the point that unlike salvation in Scientology costing hundreds of thousands of dollars, Christian salvation is free.

Yes, Church Unlimited asks for donations -- as does the IAS in addition to the "fixed donations" for courses, auditing and the Scientology version of salvation. Unlike the Church of Scientology, it appears Church Unlimited actually does charity.

If the following is "cray-cray," then I want to be "cray-cray." And if you think the following is as "cray-cray" as Scientology, you might want to give it another thought.

You're assuming that there is such a thing as 'Heaven' and 'Salvation'.

I totally agree and am supportive of religion if practiced for the benefit of self and others no matter the illogic of the beliefs.
I donate to religious charities even though I think their ideas make no sense.

My comparison referred to the 'made up' ideas that religions use to bind people to the group.
The practice and social behavior of groups with odd ideas can be diametrically opposed.

I didn't mean to put down the good that those groups do.

CommunicatorIC

You're assuming that there is such a thing as 'Heaven' and 'Salvation'.

I totally agree and am supportive of religion if practiced for the benefit of self and others no matter the illogic of the beliefs.
I donate to religious charities even though I think their ideas make no sense.

My comparison referred to the 'made up' ideas that religions use to bind people to the group.
The practice and social behavior of groups with odd ideas can be diametrically opposed.

I didn't mean to put down the good that those groups do.
Thanks. I apologize. I showed HE&R, and quite frankly lost my temper a bit. You didn't deserve how... strident my prior reply was.

CommunicatorIC

VIDEO: Christians evangelize to Scientology members

VIDEO: Christians evangelize to Scientology members.

This is a different Christian group than the one referenced in the OP, but I thought I would put the video here rather than create a new thread.

[video=youtube;IC5q59xgg5k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC5q59xgg5k[/video]

* * * * * BEGIN INTRODUCTION * * * * *

Please Tell Me the Truth Ministries

Published on Feb 6, 2017

By God's grace, we countered the Scientologist's "stress-test" with our own test using God's law and the Gospel! Pray these Scientologists come to know the Lord Jesus Christ as the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Hopefully this helps you refute relativism and proclaim the Gospel! For more information, read our article on the topic http://pleasetellmethetruth.org/2017/02/06/scientologists-given-hope-through-the-gospel/

* * * * * END INTRODUCTION * * * * *