What's new

Fins Me An Auditor

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Dianetics *IS* Freudian Abreactive therapy. Changing how it's started, or words used to induce it, doesn't change what's happening. Dianetics is NOT spiritual guidance. It's psychotherapy.

Now, I may be at variance with whether or not psychotherapy should require a seven year degree to engage in, but psychotherapy is psychotherapy. If the majority thinks it should be regulated, then it should be. Inventing a "religion angle" to avoid this is fraudulent and deceptive. I think there's wiggle room with co-counseling, where both people realize that they are engaging with someone who is NOT A CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL, but if you are saying you're a professional "auditor", and not admitting this is actually psychotherapy, then I think you're being disingenuous, to dodge the law.

I said they were similar and not identical. I've also said many times that Hubbard was definitely very much influenced by early psychotherapy in his formation of Dn. I'm dodging nothing, nor am I disingenuous in my lack of dodginess. No problem here.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
The point, Fluff, is that if it's psychotherapy, then, if the majority wills it, it should be regulated, to prevent exactly the sorts of abuses so many people in Scientology have experienced, and that Scientology specifically requireds, per policy. I'm not trying to say people shouldn't audit each other, just that if they are going to represent them as professionals, they should be regulated.

Carnaubawax

Patron Meritorious
The point, Fluff, is that if it's psychotherapy, then, if the majority wills it, it should be regulated, to prevent exactly the sorts of abuses so many people in Scientology have experienced, and that Scientology specifically requireds, per policy. I'm not trying to say people shouldn't audit each other, just that if they are going to represent them as professionals, they should be regulated.

To be accepted as a profession, it would have to be regulated.

Terril park

Sponsor
Dianetics *IS* Freudian Abreactive therapy. Changing how it's started, or words used to induce it, doesn't change what's happening. Dianetics is NOT spiritual guidance. It's psychotherapy.

Now, I may be at variance with whether or not psychotherapy should require a seven year degree to engage in, but psychotherapy is psychotherapy. If the majority thinks it should be regulated, then it should be. Inventing a "religion angle" to avoid this is fraudulent and deceptive. I think there's wiggle room with co-counseling, where both people realize that they are engaging with someone who is NOT A CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL, but if you are saying you're a professional "auditor", and not admitting this is actually psychotherapy, then I think you're being disingenuous, to dodge the law.

What is the difference between spiritual guidance and psychotherapy?

DMSMH started with the premise that the soul is not needed to handle the problems of the mind. Very shortly people started going wholetrack. Thus
we are in the spiritual realm.

Some schools of therapy also do past life regression, whether influenced by Hubbards teachings or otherwise I do not know.

I know some scientologists who actually did spend 7 years or whatever
to become qualified psychologists. This is not usefull at all for someone who wishes to be an auditor, and in effect would just vstop them practicing.

One of my pschologist friends has attended shamanistic workshops set
up by mainstream proffesional bodies in the field of psychotherapy. They were there to learn the techniques of the shamans. However I don't think
you're average Shamanist, whether Amerindian or otherwise would like to be told he has to study the white mans magic for 7 years before practicing!

Note that in the UK councelors do not need government licences or qualifications.

However a code of conduct for councelors would not be such a bad idea.
That ought to stop " gang-bang" sec checks. :)

uniquemand

Unbeliever
What is the difference between spiritual guidance and psychotherapy?

DMSMH started with the premise that the soul is not needed to handle the problems of the mind. Very shortly people started going wholetrack. Thus
we are in the spiritual realm.

Some schools of therapy also do past life regression, whether influenced by Hubbards teachings or otherwise I do not know.

I know some scientologists who actually did spend 7 years or whatever
to become qualified psychologists. This is not usefull at all for someone who wishes to be an auditor, and in effect would just vstop them practicing.

One of my pschologist friends has attended shamanistic workshops set
up by mainstream proffesional bodies in the field of psychotherapy. They were there to learn the techniques of the shamans. However I don't think
you're average Shamanist, whether Amerindian or otherwise would like to be told he has to study the white mans magic for 7 years before practicing!

Note that in the UK councelors do not need government licences or qualifications.

However a code of conduct for councelors would not be such a bad idea.
That ought to stop " gang-bang" sec checks. :)

I still believe that the concept of soul is not needed to handle the problems of the miind. In fact, the "whole track" stuff is occurring in the mind. So, simply run it. You don't need to accept it as fact, or invalidate it as non-factual. You just run it. Perhaps it's imagination. Perhaps it isn't. Theorizing about spirits just isn't necessary (might be fun).

Vinaire

Sponsor
I still believe that the concept of soul is not needed to handle the problems of the miind. In fact, the "whole track" stuff is occurring in the mind. So, simply run it. You don't need to accept it as fact, or invalidate it as non-factual. You just run it. Perhaps it's imagination. Perhaps it isn't. Theorizing about spirits just isn't necessary (might be fun).

What is THAT which is theorizing? Is it just some mechanical apparatus called the MIND?

uniquemand

Unbeliever
How does it come about? My own theory is that your perceptions are recorded as memories, and then they are compared to present environment to bring up all relevant information that may apply to present, for executive decision making.

I think it came about through evolution (I think I said that already), where life forms with the ability to remember environments and solutions to them have better survival than those that don't. Random mutation over time, and survival of the fittest.

Vinaire

Sponsor
How does it come about? My own theory is that your perceptions are recorded as memories, and then they are compared to present environment to bring up all relevant information that may apply to present, for executive decision making.

I think it came about through evolution (I think I said that already), where life forms with the ability to remember environments and solutions to them have better survival than those that don't. Random mutation over time, and survival of the fittest.

And how did the mechanism of evolution come about? is there a starting point somewhere? What is that starting point?

If it is all random, then how did randomness come about?

Do you get my point? What is at the bottom of all this existence?

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill

I don't think so. 'Cuz then you'd have to regulate every new age procedure out there.