What's new

Help! Skeptical Scientologist Facebook Group

Hey Safe! :)

I don't know who's who and what's what regarding facebook groups, for those of us who aren't on facebook, I'm not really sure how it works...if it's an open group anyone can join, but can anyone read posts? In a closed group, can non members read posts? Or is it really closed, as in you can't see what members are posting, unless you join? Does a "closed" group mean you have to be invited to join? If that's the case, you might be better off running an open group, to reach more people.

Like here on ESMB, you don't have to be a member to read a lot, excepting for the members only area threads. :confused2:

Because it seems to me that for just getting the word out on COS abuses and crimes, etc., then you would want to be read by as many people as possible. :thumbsup:

Also, it seems like a good way to reach a lot of younger people, who COS might be targeting. I like your "Skeptical" orientation, to work against the false cloaking of COS claiming to be a religion.

Congrats on being Progressive, and a Christian. :happydance: We would be friends based on those things alone! :biggrin:

Good work for trying to help people "wake up" and come to their senses about COS Cult involvement! :clap:

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron
I do believe safe was referring to Steve Hall, since he's the only guy behind Scientology-cult.com and posts as "Thoughtful" on Martys blog. He is a ronbot of the highest order and has a long history of getting upset and trying to bully those questioning KSW or Ron's validity into silence. His brain is really fried.

That is the problem with most Indies, they just cannot think straight. OK, I like the Tech and kill me for that, but I can see the negative side of Ron and stuff.
But these guys, Marty's followers you cannot say the slightest thing about him where they have a heart attack.

It is impossible to participate in their Facebook group and give opinions; as soon as they disagree with you they all lynch you and rip you apart, one characteristic of the members is that they are full of anger and hatred, most of their posting are way below 2.0 on the Tone Scale.

Safe

Patron
Hey Safe! :)

Like here on ESMB, you don't have to be a member to read a lot, excepting for the members only area threads. :confused2:

Also, it seems like a good way to reach a lot of younger people, who COS might be targeting. I like your "Skeptical" orientation, to work against the false cloaking of COS claiming to be a religion.

Congrats on being Progressive, and a Christian. :happydance: We would be friends based on those things alone! :biggrin:

Good work for trying to help people "wake up" and come to their senses about COS Cult involvement! :clap:

Thank you so much. There's plenty of people already hammering on David Miscavige crimes. But there's not enough, IMO, hammering on LRH's overts. So that is my focus.

Safe

Patron
I appreciate all the suggestions! This is what I've decided to do. My Skeptical Scientologist Facebook group is only 5 days old. So I'm going to keep it closed for now until I get a really solid base first. I have about 6 or 7 people so far communicating and awakening. Most want their privacy.

So instead of opening it up now, I've already started a new blog called Skeptical Scientologists Blog at http://www.skepticalscientologists.com

I have 3 articles up now, one on what is skeptism, another on Safeguarding Technology where I rip to shreds the possibility of somebody "knowing" that "Scientology is the ONLY workable technology man has".

Then there is another article written by David St Lawrence on "Workable Technology Vs the Scientology Religion" and it severely criticizes Scientology Belief.

I'd love if you visited, and gave input about the site or on the articles. It would be much appreciated.

Thanks again,
Safe (Wayne)

By the way, I do have my own forum called http://www.scientologyopinions.com that apparently hasn't been found by the search engines so there are just a bunch of lonely posts by me. lol.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I do believe safe was referring to Steve Hall, since he's the only guy behind Scientology-cult.com and posts as "Thoughtful" on Martys blog. He is a ronbot of the highest order and has a long history of getting upset and trying to bully those questioning KSW or Ron's validity into silence. His brain is really fried.

In my limited communications with Steve, I haven't found that at all. Dox:

1. I am on his Indie 500 list (at #84). Before I added my name, I was upfront with him about finding bits of Scn useful but I wasn't a Scientologist. He said that was fine, *changed the rules* to make the list inclusive of critters like me, and even added the mouseover words "Visit Paul Adams website and reduce stress" for my www.yawnguy.com link after taking a look at it. No way would anyone think that yawnguy website is a Scientology one.

2. [STRIKE]He has retained my PaulsRobot3 entry at www.freeandable.com.[/STRIKE] Well, actually he's now nuked it, some time in the past few months since I last looked. I emailed him about it. Let's see what he says. :)

Paul