What's new

I protest

feline

Patron Meritorious
In the end, the tech does nothing, policy does nothing , elder religions, spells, paganism, yoga, meditation- none of that does anything- it's the use a person puts those things to that "does something". In the end, it's the person him or herself who makes the changes in his or her life.

I do not believe that being in a cultic milieu is inducive to succeeding on a voyage of self discovery and self actualization.

Exactly what I was thinking as I read.

It seems to me that it is all a series of tools. I don't know enough of the tech to know this for certain but I see a therapist weekly. What if some of the therapeutic techniques that she uses are similar to or same as something LRH said? Does that make me a member of a cult?

Each man finds his own true answer. It's called faith. I can't give you my faith nor can I insist that it be correct for you. But that doesn't mean that your faith is invalid or that mine is. It simply means that we are drawn in different directions. What I find more often than not is that if we seek out the places where we both agree, it is easier to ignore the places we don't.

As I understand it, the Freezone is many things to many people. For those who found that the tech worked for them, they can continue to use those tools. For those just out and still trying to understand the mindfuck they have been in, it can be a place of transition. A way to connect with the familiar while learning what they TRULY believe. Why is this bad?

I personally am glad that there is such a variety of alternatives available. At one time, the faith of a country was dependent on the faith of the current king/queen. Does anyone suggest that our faith and the practice of our faith should be determined by someone else?

A tool is not inherently evil. Someone using it with evil intention is. To me, evil requires an intellect to drive it. It doesn't exist as a discreet thing.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Right. And I do think some therapists here and there have borrowed from Hubbard without saying so. I see no problem with that.

Membership in a group that consistently acts upon cultic attributes makes a person a member of a cult. Someone doing their own thing is not a member of a cult, regardless of how many people may say so.