What's new

John: Scientology Helped Me Cope With Jett's Death

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
John Travolta says he wouldn't have been able to cope with his son Jett's death if it weren't for Scientology.

Five years after losing his eldest son, who was autistic and died from a seizure during a family vacation in the Bahamas in 2009, the 59-year-old has opened up about his loss, crediting the controversial organization for helping him manage his grief by attending to him daily for the first two years following the tragedy.

http://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/ce...helped-me-cope-with-jett-death-171723094.html

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
John Travolta says he wouldn't have been able to cope with his son Jett's death if it weren't for Scientology.

Five years after losing his eldest son, who was autistic and died from a seizure during a family vacation in the Bahamas in 2009, the 59-year-old has opened up about his loss, crediting the controversial organization for helping him manage his grief by attending to him daily for the first two years following the tragedy.

http://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/ce...helped-me-cope-with-jett-death-171723094.html
Well, that is certainly a step above the comment from some mother, who a few weeks ago stated that she was completely at peace with her own daughters recent death.
Thanks scientology, your members are creepy!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

CoS attended to him daily for TWO YEARS following the tragedy?

At what cost?

Surely just having another caring human being to talk to whenever needed following a personal tragedy such as this would be most helpful.

But if Scientology had effective auditing technology as they claim with which to handle such situations would they have really needed two years?

Last edited:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Hahrhmm.. Those scientologists who were 'with' John Travolta were there primarily to make sure that Jetts death did not cause John Travolta to start doubting Scientology.. You see, scientologists are the authorities of the human mind, and as such they are well aware that a crisis like that often causes the mesmerized marks to un-mesmerize and kick the cults sorry butt out of their lives!

But we all knew that of couse.. I just mention it on the outside chance that a scientologist who don't know it may read and also know it.

:yes:

FoTi

Crusader

This article may have been intended to make Scientology look good, but.....

So..JT has done the OT Levels....has had hundreds of hours of auditing and can't cope with a family death of a loved one without someone being with him every day for two years? This is OT? (Cause over life?)..he appears to be more of a basket case to me.

I do remember one woman who came into the org in '83 who had just lost her husband and had a family to support. She was beside herself and someone gave her a few Book 1 sessions and she came back to life and walked out of the org happy and able to handle her life. What in the sam hill did they do with JT for two years?

If someone was trying to recruit me into Scientology and showed me this article....would I want to join a group who would take two years of their time at my expense to dig me out of it if a loved one died? :wtf:

Doesn't say much for Scientology. :no:

That big Grief Queen is pathetic. She want's to be the world's most pathetic co-dependent 50-something year old baby with a batshit crazy cult changing his diapers daily while Keeping Stazi Working.

The good thing about her is that she and her OSA handlers are so stupid now that what they write and say always looks like parody. She's is doing a great job telling the world how pathetic John Travolta's involvement with scientology really is, and by implication all the other celebs. The public already know how bad it is but the big blubbering baby act is extra deliciously revolting. The SP's couldn't ask for better press. Thank you John.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
This article may have been intended to make Scientology look good, but.....

So..JT has done the OT Levels....has had hundreds of hours of auditing and can't cope with a family death of a loved one without someone being with him every day for two years? This is OT? (Cause over life?)..he appears to be more of a basket case to me.

I do remember one woman who came into the org in '83 who had just lost her husband and had a family to support. She was beside herself and someone gave her a few Book 1 sessions and she came back to life and walked out of the org happy and able to handle her life. What in the sam hill did they do with JT for two years?

If someone was trying to recruit me into Scientology and showed me this article....would I want to join a group who would take two years of their time at my expense to dig me out of it if a loved one died? :wtf:

Doesn't say much for Scientology. :no:
'
Yes I agree that the state of OT looks pretty bad in it's own terms when it takes 2 years to get the man over his loss of his son 'throwing his body away', but really I don't know if anyone actually does overcome such a grief, I think you'd just learn to cope. Loosing a parent is tough but a child should outlive it's parents. Also if an SO member had case on post like that they would get sec checked for two years, not hand held and gentle ruds flown for two years. One policy for the rich and another for the staff.

I think it would have taken him about two years to come to terms with the loss without any scn interventions. It certainly took me about that long to start to get over the grief when a very dear friend killed himself. In a similar way a cold will get better whether you pour vitamins down your throat , drink lemon and honey, sleep all day or tie a dead rat to your forehead.

That big Grief Queen is pathetic. She want's to be the world's most pathetic co-dependent 50-something year old baby with a batshit crazy cult changing his diapers daily while Keeping Stazi Working.

The good thing about her is that she and her OSA handlers are so stupid now that what they write and say always looks like parody. She's is doing a great job telling the world how pathetic John Travolta's involvement with scientology really is, and by implication all the other celebs. The public already know how bad it is but the big blubbering baby act is extra deliciously revolting. The SP's couldn't ask for better press. Thank you John.

'
Yes I agree that the state of OT looks pretty bad in it's own terms when it takes 2 years to get the man over his loss of his son 'throwing his body away', but really I don't know if anyone actually does overcome such a grief, I think you'd just learn to cope. Loosing a parent is tough but a child should outlive it's parents. Also if an SO member had case on post like that they would get sec checked for two years, not hand held and gentle ruds flown for two years. One policy for the rich and another for the staff.

I think it would have taken him about two years to come to terms with the loss without any scn interventions. It certainly took me about that long to start to get over the grief when a very dear friend killed himself. In a similar way a cold will get better whether you pour vitamins down your throat , drink lemon and honey, sleep all day or tie a dead rat to your forehead.

Just to be 1000% clear about my vicious attack on a sincere and very honest person practicing his [STRIKE]brainwashing[/STRIKE] religion, etc,
I am not really commenting on grief experienced through loss -especially of a child- nor how long the grief lasts etc.

I am commenting upon John's latest PR OP which uses such a loss, and mostly I am commenting upon amazing, mind boggling stupidity in their propaganda skills, which is their projection of how stupid they think the public is.

I've heard of slow learners but this is ridiculous

Yes John, that is exactly how Scientology works, create the problem and then sell a solution to a problem that would have never existed if you weren't involved with Scientology to begin with.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just to be 1000% clear about my vicious attack on a sincere and very honest person practicing his [STRIKE]brainwashing[/STRIKE] religion, etc,
I am not really commenting on grief experienced through loss -especially of a child- nor how long the grief lasts etc.

I am commenting upon John's latest PR OP which uses such a loss, and mostly I am commenting upon amazing, mind boggling stupidity in their propaganda skills, which is their projection of how stupid they think the public is.

This PR op is NOT unconnected with the current spate of lawsuits... :angry:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
The nasty cynical part of me is wondering if the two years of hand holding wasn't because JT wanted to leave the church. Why else would they occupy a celeb's space to that degree?

He-man

Hero extraordinary
Creepy, Johns son died, and somehow Scientology helped him with that? Could he just not grief? Is that a bad thing?

God forbid that what happened to the Travoltas happens to me and my family, but if it did, I wonder if I would want to not feel emotional, sad and at loss.

It's bonkers I say!

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Creepy, Johns son died, and somehow Scientology helped him with that? Could he just not grief? Is that a bad thing?

God forbid that what happened to the Travoltas happens to me and my family, but if it did, I wonder if I would want to not feel emotional, sad and at loss.

It's bonkers I say!

The one thing that makes it hard to handle the loss of a loved one seems to be a feeling of guilt. ''I could of done more'', ''why didn't I visit more often?'' ''if only I hadn't have left the handbrake on in the cliff top car park.'' It's also quite usual for people to feel guilty when there really is no reason to, talking it over helps, but there's nothing like having a few good long cries, and letting it all out, I can't see auditors letting the natural process take place.

No one wants to be on set with an actor who is unable to stop crying or to be on a plane flown by someone who suddenly blubbers and lies on the floor beating it with his fists and biting the carpet while shouting the lost loved one's name. That's why there is such a thing as compassionate leave. It's quite OK to shut shop for as long as it takes and get over the grief. It's quite possible to do that without an auditor following you around.

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
It should take a lot longer than two years to get over his son's death when it was JT and Kelly using Scientology to get Jett off his medication that was the cause of death.

JT and Kelly should have been arrested for child endangerment.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
CoS attended to him daily for TWO YEARS following the tragedy?

At what cost?

Surely just having another caring human being to talk to whenever needed following a personal tragedy such as this would be most helpful.

But if Scientology had effective auditing technology as they claim with which to handle such situations would they have really needed two years?

daily brainwashing is required, lest you come to understand that teh tek killed your kid.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron

yeah. WHY oh WHY is he dredging jets death?

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
The nasty cynical part of me is wondering if the two years of hand holding wasn't because JT wanted to leave the church. Why else would they occupy a celeb's space to that degree?

I think that is totally true. There was a lot written at the time about what a mess Travolta was. Walking around in the middle of the night by himself, not sleeping, etc.

I think it was basically a celeb baby watch.