What's new

Just registered today and here is my story.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Mick Parkee, a nice guy, apparently still in, he had a way of not letting the bullshit get to him, he ran the kitchen at Stonelands when he graduated, he always fed the RPF well. He looked after us, a real Aussie gent! We didn't need to 'make it go right' by stealing from the stores, he knew how to feed us, keep us happy and we then worked hard.

Yes L4, he was a really nice guy who (even when he was RPF MAA) never threw his weight about. I have never heard or read a bad word about him. I think you are right in that he is still in although he must be knocking on a bit now so I hope he'll be OK.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Yes L4, he was a really nice guy who (even when he was RPF MAA) never threw his weight about. I have never heard or read a bad word about him. I think you are right in that he is still in, although he must be knocking on a bit now so I hope he'll be OK.

Here's a SH promo video from 2013, with some recognisable (old) faces. Mick's at 1:20 for a few seconds.

[video=vimeo;77296083]https://vimeo.com/77296083[/video]

Paul

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Here's a SH promo video from 2013, with some recognisable (old) faces. Mick's at 1:20 for a few seconds.

Paul

Thanks for that Paul. Yes, I recognised him straight away with those young kids although it's forty years since I last saw him. Apart from Mick I remember so few people from SH at that time. Malin Gelfan I remember because I fancied her, Bob and Ivis Bolger, (Bob was another really nice guy) and that's just about it really. Oh, Nev C of course, and Carl Holling who was RPF bosun before me. David Gaiman and Jane Kember were around as well, not forgetting the late lamented Gary Earle and his partner at the time Joyce Barnes.

Edit. Oh, and I've just remembered I got on well with Mo Budlong - not sure if he was on the SHSBC or working for the GO at the time, but we both had an LSD history and were fans of the LA band 'Love'.

Saint Hill Manor, such a beautiful place with such an ugly reputation these days among the ex's.

Last edited:

bromo

Patron with Honors
Sometimes things just strike you as important while reading them. Over at the Bunker comments today I read a short sentence. It was "Every story matters." And I think that simple statement says so much. Every story does matter. Thank you for sharing yours.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Please explain to this never-in? :confused2:

:)

I googled it but the first thing that came up was this thread. :melodramatic:

Oh dear! :melodramatic:

I have no clue what this is, but this vision came into my head of a bunch of really young SOs in white sitting around a table (like a wedding photo), with bowls of onion soup in front of them - all smiling for camera - pretending their breath isn't fouling the air. The one good thing, everyone would have same breath . . . . . Ever heard of stone stew? I thought my aunts were kidding . . . :unsure::confused2:

Uh oh!

Looks like a couple of people answered before I saw this.

1984 is a classic book by George Orwell about an extremely controlled society. It has many parallels to Scientology.

Onion Soup

The Scientological Onion

I was an SO member for 17 years, and it has been quite a few years since I am out. But
only recently, actually, its only been since yesterday, I realized the ill intent of LRH and others in on this
absolute brilliant deception, which is Scientology. It has perfect control mechanics, disguised as standard
tech.

Scientology is so convincing, that discovering its true nature, has been like pealing an onion. I think i've been
pealing the onion, for several years now, sometimes even putting a layer or two back on, as i couldn't face
the truth, not only because of how important i held Scientology, but how much i was not willing to accept to the
degree I had been duped, and to conceive that people could be so evil and debased to carry out such a crime, year
in and year out, People I held at such high esteem, are actually worse than any "SP" I've ever hard off before.

<snip>

Hey welcome to you both!

You certainly will find Flag SO friends here!
I've myself been, but for a very brief time ( I am no tough thus escaped SO life).
I am out for +or- 20 years but discovered the truth of the scam only few years ago! ( we can make an oignon soup..)

Don't like to speak about it though, too much dark environment.
But I always like to read posts and stories about Sea Org.
Take a seat, share, have fun and enjoy!

People here are quite often very funny, :wink2: !

Looking forward to read you both!:yes:

Thanks for the welcome lotus. There are some very clever people who hang around this board. They've helped me learn to laugh again... And some have been the source of tears... But best of all they've made me know I'm not alone in this. I've found it very difficult to convey the mind morph to anyone who's not experienced it. It's like living in 1984 where everything is doublespeak, where there are thought police and where white is really black. I can see why people who haven't experienced that have a hard time getting their heads around it.

Hope this makes more sense of my comment.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was the bookstore officer at Flag from Feb till April 1988.
Then seven new posts in seven days.
Next posted as a tech page in the F.P.R.D mission under Don Jason.

I was promoted to the Decks Project Force for irregular 2 D activities.
Sex with a willing adult member of the opposite sex. "The horror...The horror..."

Was on the decks with Annie Broeker`s sister (What was her name?) and parents.
Their crime...... Being related to Annie.

The decks was abandoned when the `86 Bills paid project" was manned up by un-rehabilitated DPF`ers..

When I was sent to L. A. to recover some receipts from L. A. orgs I took a plane
the fuck out of there. I said good bye to my eternity and "Hello" to a life.

You may remember me... I used to be referred to as "That arsehole."

My story.

http://kiwianon.com/forums/index.php?topic=503.0

Hey Randomx - I spent quite some time reading your on-line book at the above link - not all of it, but it IS extensive. Anyway, I was up late last night and skipped ahead to the last few sections. Wow! Just wondering if you could start a new thread and re-post your book here on ESMB. I think a lot of people might enjoy it. Or not. I was going to post excerpts, but probably should come from you. Just a thought.

randomx

Patron with Honors
The link is there. People can go on over and check it out if they want.

I don`t want to clutter up the board with discussion about my story.
I already know how it ends.

Randomx.

Hey Randomx - I spent quite some time reading your on-line book at the above link - not all of it, but it IS extensive. Anyway, I was up late last night and skipped ahead to the last few sections. Wow! Just wondering if you could start a new thread and re-post your book here on ESMB. I think a lot of people might enjoy it. Or not. I was going to post excerpts, but probably should come from you. Just a thought.

Well done on getting out and posting here so fast, commendable!:yes:

Well done! welcome outside of the rabbit hole! Scientology is an excellent mousetrap. The cheese at the beginning is good but later things hurt and of course the organisation is never liable for anything. It is always your fault! you pulled it in. Well now you are out, it's all your fault too, but I hope it will be more fun! The Scientology scam is a subtle one, it entices a lot of good people and ruins their lives. I was in for 35 years and on Staff in OSA for 10 years. I've been talking to a lot of people who have incredible stories to tell. I've made many friends, good people, sincere, with a sense of compassion. I wish you well in your new life and good luck with the onion soup, I am still at it myself!

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Well done! welcome outside of the rabbit hole! Scientology is an excellent mousetrap. The cheese at the beginning is good but later things hurt and of course the organisation is never liable for anything. It is always your fault! you pulled it in. Well now you are out, it's all your fault too, but I hope it will be more fun! The Scientology scam is a subtle one, it entices a lot of good people and ruins their lives. I was in for 35 years and on Staff in OSA for 10 years. I've been talking to a lot of people who have incredible stories to tell. I've made many friends, good people, sincere, with a sense of compassion. I wish you well in your new life and good luck with the onion soup, I am still at it myself!

The cheese at the beginning isn't that great, even the cheese is processed.:eyeroll:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
I was an SO member for 17 years, and it has been quite a few years since I am out. But
only recently, actually, its only been since yesterday, I realized the ill intent of LRH and others in on this
absolute brilliant deception, which is Scientology. It has perfect control mechanics, disguised as standard
tech.

Scientology is so convincing, that discovering its true nature, has been like pealing an onion. I think i've been
pealing the onion, for several years now, sometimes even putting a layer or two back on, as i couldn't face
the truth, not only because of how important i held Scientology, but how much i was not willing to accept to the
degree I had been duped, and to conceive that people could be so evil and debased to carry out such a crime, year
in and year out, People I held at such high esteem, are actually worse than any "SP" I've ever hard off before.

It actually took me 8 years, yes, 8 years on and off, before the bad dreams totally subsided, dreams of being under
ethics, being judged so harshly under sever pressure. That feeling of being looked upon so disdainfully. You see i had
a history of wanting to leave, I wanted to leave many times, but actually communicated it about 6 times. Other times I'd
convince myself to stay. The reason I kept staying stemmed from my own conviction of doing the "greatest good"
and the other hard working staff,I didn't want to put more weight on their shoulders. I hated the pressure one goes
through, when one communicates they want to leave, but that was never the reason I did stay. I endured 3
months of routing out. I get secondaries after seeing pictures of flag interiors, lol.

I wish to help in the effort of getting the truth to SO members.

I also wish to find friends who where SO members at Flag.

Greetings and glad to meet you and thank you for having the courage to start speaking out.

I am ex-SO as are quite a few people on this board. I was based at Flag twice - in 1978 and then from 85 through 87. So if that coincides with your time period let me know. In between those times I was at CLO UK and EU, AOSH EU and PAC.

Word of warning - many ex-SO I have talked with, once they started talking about their experiences found that the nightmares returned for a short while before subsiding again. Just be prepared.

Good luck on your journey - Chuck Beatty runs the tool free line for any SO to call on - I am sure he would enjoy hearing from you.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Yes L4, he was a really nice guy who (even when he was RPF MAA) never threw his weight about. I have never heard or read a bad word about him. I think you are right in that he is still in although he must be knocking on a bit now so I hope he'll be OK.

Well here's a story then - back in 1977 FOLO UK's income generally sucked - except once a month. Mick was in charge of the galley. So he had to try and produce a menu of some kind for three weeks of the month with virtually no money. And the food sucked. After a really terrible three weeks of abysmal money the entire crew was waiting for that one week where Mick had a decent budget. Anticipation was high for that first dinner. And Parkee produced - ham and prunes.

Good job the crew were not armed.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Onion soup has flavour, what I remember from the Stables at Saint Hill is barley carrot and cabbage soup, no flavour, you had to fight your bodies natural response to shove any in to your mouth, the barley produced a mucous like slime flavoured with water and tasteless white cabbage and carrot. Onion soup would have been wonderful.

of course, we had it tough...

I was the bookstore officer at Flag from Feb till April 1988.
Then seven new posts in seven days.
Next posted as a tech page in the F.P.R.D mission under Don Jason.

I was promoted to the Decks Project Force for irregular 2 D activities.
Sex with a willing adult member of the opposite sex. "The horror...The horror..."

Was on the decks with Annie Broeker`s sister (What was her name?) and parents.
Their crime...... Being related to Annie.

The decks was abandoned when the `86 Bills paid project" was manned up by un-rehabilitated DPF`ers..

When I was sent to L. A. to recover some receipts from L. A. orgs I took a plane
the fuck out of there. I said good bye to my eternity and "Hello" to a life.

You may remember me... I used to be referred to as "That arsehole."

My story.

http://kiwianon.com/forums/index.php?topic=503.0

Thank you very much for your story. I read your it at your blog. It is amazing how these things can happen now a days. The more we tell the truth the better!

Bee Sting

Patron with Honors
Greetings and glad to meet you and thank you for having the courage to start speaking out.

Word of warning - many ex-SO I have talked with, once they started talking about their experiences found that the nightmares returned for a short while before subsiding again. Just be prepared.

Good luck on your journey - Chuck Beatty runs the tool free line for any SO to call on - I am sure he would enjoy hearing from you.

Mike you are so right about the nightmares returning. 30 some years out I can still smell the stink of my quarters. I can see the dirt and sadness on the SO kids... I remember every moment on the RPF as if it was yesterday. I feel the pain, the hopelessness and apathy.. oh, how many times I stared out that window from stories down. But, it is a process and it takes time before the pain subsides and then it gets a little easier.

So, to thoughtthank101 and everyone new to this board:
Welcome and thanks for coming.

Honey Love,

Bee Sting

I've been out a long time (20 years, now), and was never part of the Sea Org (though I wanted to be). I'm glad you made it out.

The pressure you talk about is something I understand. Most "public" only experience it during a "registrar" session, but as staff, you got that push to do more all the time, and as Sea Org, I can only imagine the pressure.

The pressure is identical in function to "stress", which can make people sick, act crazy, and accident-prone. It IS suppression, IMO.

I've experienced it sometimes outside of the Church, but never with the intensity and threat that the Church puts on things. It creates an abusive environment, and if any "case gain" happens in Scientology auditing sessions (which I think is quite possible), it is rapidly eroded or completely undone by the environment they create. It really is a well-constructed trap, and I salute you for escaping it.

Thank you.

I find it hard to explain the pressure one is under, because it is constant. Its there when you wake up to the time you go to sleep, and even beyond that at times, in which I had developed a sleep disorder for many years.

It keeps you off balance. By that I mean if the pressure would cease for a while, it would give one the chance to take a look around and start thinking that not everything that is going on is OK with you.

Your right about it becoming an abusive environment, as it make one feel guilty and out-ethics to contradict ones seniors, specially since they have the power to assign you a condition right out of their #$$.

Take care.

welcome.

that pressure is oppressive isn't it?

well done on peeling the onion.

Thank you. Yes the pressure is oppressive and I believe that is the reason why a lot of PCs attest to (unobtainable) EPs, states like Clear and OT.

It would always puzzle me when i would see a Clear or OT be upset with the church, as the stated EPs of these states are so super human like, one would figure
that no conflict would be to big for them to work out with the church quietly, but obviously not.

Thank you and take care. :yes: