What's new

"Laura Prepon is a liar" about Scientology's position on homosexuality and gay rights

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Re: "Laura Prepon is a liar" about Scientology's position on homosexuality and gay ri

The conversation on this thread reminds me of Elcon's gay son, Quentin Hubbard, sadly committing suicide back in 1976 (or perhaps he was murdered, IDK). I wonder if Elcon tried to "fix" Quentin from being gay?

Dr. Hubbard certainly could have fixed Quentin, had he chosen to do so.

Because, LRH was provably totally certain in his ability to fix everyone and everything:

--he could "Clear" the planet of criminality (his dedication to mankind so great he forgot to treat Scientologists who went to federal prison)

--he could bring about a world without insanity (mainly by disposing without sorrow of those who were "insane" enough to disagree with him)

--he could create a world without war (by waging a war vs. Psychs, IRS, SPs, Squirrels, Reporters, Bankers, Interpol, Commies & Critics)

--he could "Salvage this Sector" of the Galaxy (or was it "universe"? Yeah, whichever is bigger, lol)

--he could cure the lame and blind (ref: Hubbard's very first PC, himself)

--he could cure bad eyesight (hopefuls turned in their eyeglasses before his lecture started)

--he could cure leukemia, arthritis, ulcers, cancer and much worse. (Hey, cancer's easy, only a few touch assists! Seriously)

--he could exteriorize half the world with a simple 7 word command. (But didn't have time to help MSH or himself ever go exterior even once)

--he could cure a patient in a full blown psychotic break (that's an easy one--just lock them in a room and keep isolated until they are dead)

--he could cure his son Nibs of SPness (unfortunately, through no fault of LRH, Nibs was NCG and didn't respond)

--he could cure gay people like his son and Clear #1 John McMaster (hey, you don't hear them complaining, so what's the problem?)

As I say, Ron had total certainly he could fix all that ails mankind on this planet. We as Scientologists honor and duplicate Ron. We ask that readers do not disrespect our religion by invalidating Ron or making him wrong.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: "Laura Prepon is a liar" about Scientology's position on homosexuality and gay ri

The Underground Bunker is starting to engage in witch hunt. Tony Ortega might want to watch more closely the quality of his free lancers work before publishing. Hopefully this was only a one off of his previous balanced and fair reporting style.

Ok, Laura Prepon said this:

“I’ve been a Scientologist since 1999 and I’ve never come across any piece of information that remotely is negative or derogatory in any way towards the LGBT community.”

How anybody can deduct from Laura Prepons statement that she would be a liar is beyond my sense of logic. Why would I assume immediately that she is lying? What kind of twisted thinking is that? She might as well say the truth and frankly, it seems to me that she is exactly doing that given the fact that celebrities are given the better version.

And then the writer from Underground Bunker goes on to further spin his article by asking hypothetical questions which "might have asked" but haven't. The writer of the article resorts to "fictional" questions, which haven't been asked to Laura Prepon as further "proof" that she would be a liar.

This particular Underground Bunker article is defamatory and trying to make a story out of nothing.

You really are an evil little shit stirring troll, aren't you?

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron

Thanks for the info. I'd begun educating myself further about this organization (reading from all sides, not just one viewpoint) to know what's going on and what the difference experiences are.
But, I'm not sure why you all inflict the actions and attitudes of right-wing, anti-gay people in the organization on the many individuals in scientology who clearly aren't and are liberal-minded. There are extremists in every religion or religious organization - all of which have had their controversies, including murder, hate crimes, terrorism, and pedophilia. The other people in the religion don't need to be stoned or shamed because others may believe or engage in unethical rhetoric or behavior. People often hold views that are contrary to the religious affiliations that they have. People - religious and non-religious, have diverse views which sometimes conform with their traditions and sometimes do not.

It's beyond me that you dismissively group them all together. None of the millions of catholics who aren't pedophiles are responsible for the priests who engaged in pedophilia; they aren't responsible for whatever the Pope does either; or what any other Catholic does. They are only responsible for their own beliefs and actions They continue living their own lives, having their faith and philosophies, going and donating to church, participating in their religious/community events, etc. So why are all the other non-extremist scientologists grouped together with the extremists and implicitly accused of believing/acting the same as them? There's a complete double standard here with this group of people (scientologists), and I just can't reconcile (rightly) trashing a right-wing, anti-gay, corrupt sect and targeting and trashing all other individuals who don't engage or accept the extremists' views. You're basically engaging in what you criticize, and targeting/discriminating against people just because they believe in something weird (which is the case for billions of people the world over). Don't you see this?

hubbard convinced scientologists to despise drugs and yet it would likely be easier to count the number of his writings that were not written while he was under the influence of some drug than the writings that were written while he was under the influence of some drug. How often will a scientologist lean toward the opposite of the truth while defending the beliefs of those involved in scientology? How often will a scientologist point out how wrong another belief is to validate a scientological belief?

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks for the info. I'd begun educating myself further about this organization (reading from all sides, not just one viewpoint) to know what's going on and what the difference experiences are.
But, I'm not sure why you all inflict the actions and attitudes of right-wing, anti-gay people in the organization on the many individuals in scientology who clearly aren't and are liberal-minded. There are extremists in every religion or religious organization - all of which have had their controversies, including murder, hate crimes, terrorism, and pedophilia. The other people in the religion don't need to be stoned or shamed because others may believe or engage in unethical rhetoric or behavior. People often hold views that are contrary to the religious affiliations that they have. People - religious and non-religious, have diverse views which sometimes conform with their traditions and sometimes do not.

It's beyond me that you dismissively group them all together. None of the millions of catholics who aren't pedophiles are responsible for the priests who engaged in pedophilia; they aren't responsible for whatever the Pope does either; or what any other Catholic does. They are only responsible for their own beliefs and actions They continue living their own lives, having their faith and philosophies, going and donating to church, participating in their religious/community events, etc. So why are all the other non-extremist scientologists grouped together with the extremists and implicitly accused of believing/acting the same as them? There's a complete double standard here with this group of people (scientologists), and I just can't reconcile (rightly) trashing a right-wing, anti-gay, corrupt sect and targeting and trashing all other individuals who don't engage or accept the extremists' views. You're basically engaging in what you criticize, and targeting/discriminating against people just because they believe in something weird (which is the case for billions of people the world over). Don't you see this?

It's because, on the surface, it may seem there are individuals within the cherch that are accepting. In fact, there are some. There are also others that lie about this for a public relations reason. The biggie is that when you talk to a general person, you are not getting what is coming down and being enforced by the 'powers that be' within the cult. If you are gay, you will be prescribed auditing in order to cure you of this "affliction". If you join the Sea Org, this will need to be "handled". To receive counselling (auditing) on the higher levels, this must be "addressed". It is not a matter of whether any given Scientologist is OK with homosexuality, it is the fact that in order to practice and advance in this 'religion', being homosexual is not permitted.

I've seen so many folders (the records of the auditing that is done on people) that show hours and hours of trying to address this problem. I've audited people who were just "waiting" for the magic or whatever to happen where they would no longer be gay. They'd look at those who had been "cured". Little did they know, that those who were "cured" just kept having the "problem" creep up again. Hours and hours and thousands of dollars thrown at this. People talk about the couple book passages, but there is plenty more hiding in briefings and tapes and other materials that make it abundantly clear that homosexuality is not acceptable.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

People talk about the couple book passages, but there is plenty more hiding in briefings and tapes and other materials that make it abundantly clear that homosexuality is not acceptable.
I know. I've read and heard them, though I don't have access to them now (yet). Any references -- e.g., Briefing titles, lecture names, dates, etc. -- would be greatly appreciated.

She IS lying. I'm trying to understand how she can even BE on that show unless she thinks that of course all criminals are gay. The people around her HAVE to be freaked out she's a Scientologist!

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

People talk about the couple book passages, but there is plenty more hiding in briefings and tapes and other materials that make it abundantly clear that homosexuality is not acceptable.
Mike Rinder: Scientology Homophobia

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientology-homophobia/

I had forgotten about Mike's post linked immediately above and just re-discovered it while searching for something else. It provides additional references.

Cat Daddy

Silver Meritorious Patron

She looks like she aged really quickly being in Scientology:

After.jpg

Alsoo her eyes are "dead"

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron

Rummaging about the interwebs brought this video by a die-hard indi class 12 on the facts about the co$ position on homosexuality.

[video=youtube;1neaJ7fxhjA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1neaJ7fxhjA[/video]

Last revelation in the video: The practice of homosexuality is against church policy and can get you an SP declare.