What's new

Monique Rathbun vs. David Miscavige by the numbers

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Marty: Monique Rathbun vs. David Miscavige by the numbers
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2014/01/28/monique-rathbun-vs-david-miscavige-by-the-numbers/

There have been published reports that seventeen lawyers have appeared in the Comal County courtroom on the Scientology side of the aisle in the case of Monique Rathbun vs. David Miscavige, et al. In fact, twenty-two lawyers have made official appearances and/or physical appearances in the case for Scientology Inc.

Many of those lawyers have made multiple flights to Comal County from New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., or driven from Dallas, Austin and San Antonio to attend hearings on behalf of Miscavige and his co-defendants.

For some perspective consider these facts:

1. The Scientology lawyer roster was roughly half of that for the nine-year, $30,000,000+ Lisa McPherson litigation. That litigation involved upwards of a half dozen lawsuits. David Miscavige on many occasions lamented that McPherson constituted the greatest public relations disaster in Scientology’s history (including that created by 11 top Scientology officials being jailed for conducting the largest domestic espionage campaign in history against the United States government). Principal lawyers in the McPherson matter are visibly directing the big name lawyers recruited by Scientology Inc. to front in Rathbun vs. Miscavige.

2. The Rathbun v. Miscavige Scientology lawyer roster is about double that employed to deal with United States v Hubbard (the aforementioned government espionage case). That litigation involved at least a dozen lawsuits. Principal lawyers in the U.S. v Hubbard matter are visibly directing the big name lawyers recruited by Scientology Inc. to front in Rathbun vs. Miscavige.

3. Scientology and Miscavige employed roughly half the number of lawyers he has so far in Rathbun v Miscavige during the take down by over-litigation and intimidation against the largest and most feared agency of the United States government, the Internal Revenue Service. That matter included more than twenty-two hundred lawsuits. Principal lawyers in the Scientology Inc. v IRS matter are visibly directing the big name lawyers recruited by Scientology Inc. to front in Rathbun vs. Miscavige.

I have come to learn through life experience that oftentimes the magnitude of force one musters to intimidate and overwhelm can serve as a fairly accurate measuring stick of the degree of the organizer’s cowardice.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Marty posted on his blog on the 23rd the San Antonio Express link http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...cientology-Leader-must-testify-in-5166735.php

Among many other comments Oracle left this one, which really caught my eye.

" By the way, Debbie Cook ,no matter what document she signed, can not be excluded from a subpoena from the courts. "

We will have to see, but there is certainly a lot more she could tell and I assume about so many of the issues argued so far in the pre-trial.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien

I've only got 21 listed here: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...or-harrassment&p=893229&viewfull=1#post893229

Is Mr. Rathbun counting Eliot Abramson?
(I have him listed as a potential witness since he was mentioned so often in the declarations/depositions, but I'm happy to add him in the "stray attorneys" section if he's indeed working on behalf of TeamScioRTC.)

Or is it another attorney altogether?

JB