What's new

My Baptism on Sunday

CB32.jpg

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Dean,

For your studies I recommend the software BibleWorks as better than Logos for price.

Then, I recommend that you read "Theophania" by Eusebius of Caesarea then tell me what you think of that.

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Why do the Synoptic Gospels seem to refer to the fall of jerusalem as the "last days"?
It's because that is exactly what was believed in the 1st century AD.

Even Eusebius expounded on this topic.
Here is an extract from "Theophania"
All authorities concur in the declaration that “when all these things should have been done” “The End” should come : that “the mystery of God should be finished as he had declared to His servants the prophets” : it should be completed : time should now be no more : the End of all things (so foretold) should be at hand, and be fully brought to pass : in these days should be fulfilled all that had been spoken of Christ (and of His church) by the prophets : or, in other words, when the gospel should have been preached in all the world for a testimony to all nations, and the power of the Holy People be scattered (abroad), then should the End come, then should all these things be finished.

I need now only say, all these things have been done the old and elementary system passed away with a great noise; all these predicted empires have actually fallen, and the new kingdom, the new heaven and earth, the new Jerusalem–all of which were to descend from God, to be formed by His power, have been realised on earth ; all these things have been done in the sight of all the nations ; God’s holy arm has been made bare in their sight: His judgments have prevailed, and they remain for an everlasting testimony to the whole world. His kingdom has come, as it was foretold it should, and His will has, so far, been done; His purposes have been finished; and, from that day to the extreme end of time, it will be the duty, as indeed it will be the great privilege of the Church, to gather into its bosom the Jew, the Greek, the Scythian, the Barbarian, bond and free; and to do this as the Apostles did in their days–in obedience, faith and hope.’

This means that what Paul (Saul of Tarsus) talked about, AND what is described in Revelations/Apocalypse actually happened in the 1st century.

Personally, I think that this is ancient religious nonsense.

Many of my extended family, cousins, aunts, uncles, believe in this fairy tale.
And I love them anyway. :)

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Congratulations, Mr Blair.

If Scientology were a food, it would be Soylent Green. As a 'religion', it's still pretty much Soylent Green... only with less people in it, each day.

Well done to you. My Christian faith is doing me a lot of good, too.

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
Glad you have found happiness and peace, Dean!
It's not easy to come by and I think part of
it is recognizing it.
All the best to you and your family.

Dean Blair

Nicodemus said to him, "How can a person once grown old be born again? Surely he cannot reenter his mother's womb and be born again, can he?"

Jesus answered "Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit.

What is born of flesh is flesh and what is born of spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I have told you 'You must be born from above.'

The wind blows where it wills, and you can hear the sound it makes, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes; so it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

John 3: 4-8

Dean,

You are blessed.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Thank you TAJ. I feel blessed. My family and I just moved to Austin Texas two weeks ago. We found a lovely home here in a great neighborhood. My in-laws moved here at the same time and we all LOVE Texas. I have been taking my son (he's 9) out on bike rides and field trips for the past week. It is so beautiful with all of the Texas Blue Bonnets blooming and all of the wonderful bike trails.

I had no idea that such beautiful places existed. I lived in Pasadena and Los Angeles since 1979. Moving here was like stepping back in time. Property is half the cost. Gas is a dollar a gallon cheaper. The people are friendlier. We all love it. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post.

Dean Blair

Congratulations, Mr Blair.

If Scientology were a food, it would be Soylent Green. As a 'religion', it's still pretty much Soylent Green... only with less people in it, each day.

Well done to you. My Christian faith is doing me a lot of good, too.

I remember that movie with Charlton Heston and Edward G Robinson. Soylent Green took the place of Soylent Red. Soylent Green was made from dead human bodies. Yes there are fewer people in Scientology today than there were years ago. It is a dying "religion". There are a lot of good people in Scientology and I think that what we do here and in other places helps to wake them up and gives them a chance to regain their freedom. Thank you for your post.

Nicodemus said to him, "How can a person once grown old be born again? Surely he cannot reenter his mother's womb and be born again, can he?"

Jesus answered "Amen, amen, I say to you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit.

What is born of flesh is flesh and what is born of spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I have told you 'You must be born from above.'

The wind blows where it wills, and you can hear the sound it makes, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes; so it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

John 3: 4-8

Dean,

You are blessed.

The Anabaptist Jacques

couldn't have said it better myself