What's new

Run, Run, RUN, NOW!

Wisened One

Crusader
One of my many weird Staff experiences were really strange, weird practices forced upon us by our ED:

Go outside (in our full business-wear) and RUN AS a group (a large group, I might add) around the block several times till we 'key out' and agree to 'get our ethics in' and make our Org expand (instead of being the db's we were since the stats weren't up)...

RUN(a dead run, not jogging walk, either)the entire day...while we were on post (even to and from the restroom, and in front of the Public and New People, etc.THAT musta gave a nice impression, eh?) ;)
(We worked nearly 80 hrs a week, so we were running A LOT!).

Expected to work a full day,(and we did) even tho the Org was SUPPOSED to be Day and Foundation Org?

Made to feel VERY guilty and 'off-purpose' if you (had to get or still) worked a 'wog job' vs working FULL time on Staff and 'making it go right, bla,bla,blaaaa!

Address even the female Execs as 'Sir'? (This was NOT an SO Org, nor were the terminals being addressed, SO).

Be present at mandatory 'Staff Meetings' (that consisted of being yelled at, randomly singled out and your tone-level evaluated, then insulted.) that started after 11pm at night, lasted til 2am or more, and be expected back into work the next morning.

Expected to work through your meal times, so skipping tons of meals...

Crammed into a small room and do call-in boiler room style for hours at a time...

Then start RUNNING it all over again, the next day.

These are not even the tip of the 'weird' iceburg.

But what weird practices did you have to do on your daily posts?

Wisened One

Last edited:

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
My Gawd! And they dare to call me a squirrel - I'm totally outclassed by this! :grouch:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
I keep asking myself, "why didn't I leave sooner than I did?" In 1997 or 1998 I got kicked out of Flag. There were lies as to why I was kicked out. So, why didn't I just stay away after that point?????:duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

I would have avoided the whole GAT auditing I got in 2004 and would have been in so much better shape.

WO, after reading your story, I wonder why we all didn't leave sooner.

Does anyone have an answer to this question - why didn't we leave sooner than we did?:confused2:

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Why? Probably had something to do with that that theta-coated carrot called - Full OT.

I remember running everywhere I went inside the org. The ED insisted on it. Would yell at me "RUN!" I got myself some good Nike's to make life more bearable for my feet.

Mandatory meetings!!!!!! God how I hated them. And they are not just for staff. They have mandatory meetings for public as well. Had one this past Dec in fact. Goes right along with "expansion briefings" - code word for mass staff recruitment cycle.

The "decks" -- mini-RPF for non-SO staff. Oh, what fun. You get to go to your nearest CLO and get some extra-special "enhancement". I think they did away with that in the early 80's. After that you just got to go to the CLO for "cramming" (translation: a few weeks of writing up O/Ws and doing ethics conditions.)

ExScnDude

Patron with Honors
I keep asking myself, "why didn't I leave sooner than I did?" In 1997 or 1998 I got kicked out of Flag. There were lies as to why I was kicked out. So, why didn't I just stay away after that point?????:duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

I would have avoided the whole GAT auditing I got in 2004 and would have been in so much better shape.

WO, after reading your story, I wonder why we all didn't leave sooner.

Does anyone have an answer to this question - why didn't we leave sooner than we did?:confused2:

For me - it was just the routine of being on staff - the rhythm of that life. All my friends, acquaintances and family were there. My job was there. You are living day to day in that rhythm and don't really think about it.

Really, it's quite a bit of change to suddenly rearrange one's whole life after so many years. Takes a bit of planning for sure to make the jump!

But for most of us, some catalytic event occurs and you feel like that rhythm you have become so familiar with is forever altered - that's when you know it's time to move on to the next chapter of life.

But originally I just got caught up in that fast-paced rhythm of being on staff and it's hard to change the beat.

Now that I put it into words, I think creating a new life - totally changing one's life from say a policeman in New York City to a small business owner in Seattle - is kind of similar to leaving staff at the Co$ - except you can take some of your family and friends with you. :)