What's new

Some facts for all those people out there with illusions of pre 1981

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron
"Suffer the little children" is 1600's English for "Allow the little children". (I'm sorry if I'm just missing the joke, here, but if so, I have to say it's a pretty bleak joke.)

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Hey Claire,

I knew that you would answer to this thread :coolwink:

That's nice.

So you are claiming "Most non CofS Scn'ists are aware of every single one of those points." Well in my opinion - if you are right about this point

I am correct. I based this on conversations and posts with such individuals wherein they discussed such points. When someone discusses something, I assume he or she is aware that he or she said it... :coolwink:

- then why for Gods sake are these "Non CofS Scn'tists" do still use one little piece of the mean bullshit Hubbard created to enslave people.

A couple things:

1) I have no idea which thing you believe FZers/indies are using to enslave people with or how they are enslaving anyone and whom they've enslaved. If you'd like to provide examples of the enslavement you've heard about or witnessed in that venue, I'd love to see it.

2) I am not particularly happy with the FZ myself in many respects as I mentioned in my previous reply on this thread. I've seen a lot of hidebound attitudes among some of them and I've seen them make some of the excuses for crappy behavior in a manner reminiscent of what I saw in CofS. However, while I give credit where credit is due, I also only want to give debit where debit is due. I've seen some stupid ass FZers- to the point (as I stated yesterday) that I told my husband (a non CofS Scn'ist and one of the finest people I know- someone who'd rather cut off his arm than enslave ANYONE) that the likelihood of my going to another FZ convention with him are quite slim at this point.

Not sure if some of you folks realize that, the zeal for typecasting being what it is...

This is what I never will get. But I'm sure one day you will help me to understand this Claire:yes:

Somehow I doubt it considering the way you've been communicating with me lately.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Actually, I've always held a soft spot for Hubbard over this one. Jesus said "suffer little children who come unto me" - but that was all talk and no "do". Hubbard knew how to treat those undisciplined brats. He once slapped a boy across the face so hard for being cheeky that he lifted him off his feet. And, as you say, he personally locked children in the chain locker with all its freezing cold, awash with sewage, and with the possibility of them getting mangled if they lowered anchor. Jesus was "talk", Hubbard was "do". Christianity with balls. I respect him for that.

:giggle:

I believe you Roland.

I really do.

:no:

Markus

Silver Meritorious Patron
Actually, I've always held a soft spot for Hubbard over this one. Jesus said "suffer little children who come unto me" - but that was all talk and no "do". Hubbard knew how to treat those undisciplined brats. He once slapped a boy across the face so hard for being cheeky that he lifted him off his feet. And, as you say, he personally locked children in the chain locker with all its freezing cold, awash with sewage, and with the possibility of them getting mangled if they lowered anchor. Jesus was "talk", Hubbard was "do". Christianity with balls. I respect him for that.

:thumbsup:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Who authorised the physical beating of staff - DM? Nope, it was LRH.

. . . the list goes on and on. Thanks for the reminder, Marcus.

he practiced with his wives...

In the suit filed by Attorney Caryl Warner, Mrs. Hubbard contended that Hubbard was already married to Margaret Grubb Hubbard on Aug. 10, 1946 when he married her, representing himself as single. More than a year later he obtained a divorce from the first wife, she asserted.

The complaint also outlined a long series of alleged abuses, charging that Hubbard "dominated her. physically and mentally, and subjected her to a systematic torture, including beatings, loss of sleep, strangulation and scientific torture experiments.

LINK 1951 LA Herald Express

AND from The LA Daily News - "Hubbard found in Wichita" LINK

The wife also included in her petition a letter she said was written to her last May 2nd by Hubbard's previous wife, Margaret Grubb Hubbard, of Bremerton, Washington.

The letter said:

"If I can help in any way, I'd like to. You must get Alexis in your custody. Ron is not normal. I had hopes that you could straighten him out.

"Your charges probably sound fantastic to the average person, but I've been through it-the beatings, threats on my life, all the sadistic traits which you charge, 12 years of it . . ."

Last edited: