What's new

Stanley Kubricks Daughter Lost to Scientology?

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Over at the Bunker this morning Tony said:

We’re big in France, apparently

Some time back, we helped out a reporter who was asking really interesting questions about Vivian Kubrick after seeing our coverage of the famous director’s daughter here at the Underground Bunker.

And here’s the result — a spread from the most recent edition of the French version of Vanity Fair. We’d love to know what it says, but our French is basically nonexistent. Can someone give us a good translation of this piece?

<snip>
See Full Article: http://tonyortega.org/2015/01/21/ho...assic-example-from-its-golden-era/#more-19578

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Over at the Bunker this morning Tony said:

I was able to get the point of this ending by way of a google translation. (Will the insanity ever end? LOL!)

Tweets often pay in melancholy. March 7, 2014, for the fifteenth anniversary of the death of Kubrick, it "position" on Twitter several pictures of his album: his nanny, di-to pets. On the child sees, alongside her missing sister, in a street of New York in the 1960s, but the Most of the shots that show a lost paradise, she poses with his father, on set or in their home. She captioned a few simple and poignant words: "In memory of me-my father that I loved with all my heart and all my soul. "She is in Kubrick arm that sits in a large wicker chair on the terrace Abbots Mead in 1979, the year of filming Shining.

After fleeing for years, it seems to live only through him. As if Scientology theories conspiracy, reincarnation fantasies, the madness that surrounds en-were a way to stay in the world of his father and to continue dialogue with him. July 26, 2014, Stanley Kubrick would have entered his eighty-sixth year. That day, Vivian tweeted: "I think Dad on this anniversary, wondering where he is in this vast universe. On Earth again? 15 years old? Hmm ... "...

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Funny that she seems to so embrace and remember her father now when it was reported he had BEGGED her to come home, visit, etc.. and got nothing but radio silence. Her father (who i have nothing but the highest respect for, he was a true freaking genius) died wondering why his daughter had abandoned him. Her petty, nasty behavior towards Stanley still enrages me, esp because he gave her every opportunity in the world and all of her "achievements" in film were thanks to her father giving her the job/work on one of his masterpieces.

I think she did show up to his funeral with a Scientology handler in tow and didn't even speak to her family. She also had a sister dying of cancer who she totally ignored and didn't even respond to requests to come to her deathbed to say goodbye before she died. She didn't attend the funeral either.

Basically she sounds like and incredibly spoiled, nasty bitch. Anyone who could turn their backs on dying immediate family members like that (and from all reports this was a loving, close family who gave her opportunities and experiences most people would kill for) is one cold customer. (Which is a bit strange because the only thing I have read about her since her disconnection from her family is all the work she does with dog rescue. She has done more and shown more love for a dog she found abandoned on the freeway in LA than she has for her own father and sister.

I also think these tweets are a bit cynical. I think the cult would definitely encourage her to push her connection to her super famous father -probably the one reason she went to his funeral (her non-famous sister obviously didn't get the same consideration from the cult.)

Leland

Crusader
How is it that the Kult thinks most immediate family of members are SPs.....?

This looks like a "routine" of some sort....(of course it is)

And on another note:

I use to see Kristy Alley around the AOLA area, once in a while....and with a "handler"

How was it that a grown woman....at that age....needed a "handler" even around other kult members...??

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious
She was very close to her father, some say that she was his muse...Both of them shared an avid interest in the paranormal and the occult. Shewolf thinks that it is the combination of personal distress after fighting a loud verbal battle with S. K. who disagreed with her future plans....she vanishes into California, and as family say about her being a sky person carrying a big heartache, suddenly in a new unfamiliar place this may have opened her to $ciloonery's "love bombing". Just my HO.

JustSheila

Crusader
Funny that she seems to so embrace and remember her father now when it was reported he had BEGGED her to come home, visit, etc.. and got nothing but radio silence. Her father (who i have nothing but the highest respect for, he was a true freaking genius) died wondering why his daughter had abandoned him. Her petty, nasty behavior towards Stanley still enrages me, esp because he gave her every opportunity in the world and all of her "achievements" in film were thanks to her father giving her the job/work on one of his masterpieces.

I think she did show up to his funeral with a Scientology handler in tow and didn't even speak to her family. She also had a sister dying of cancer who she totally ignored and didn't even respond to requests to come to her deathbed to say goodbye before she died. She didn't attend the funeral either.

Basically she sounds like and incredibly spoiled, nasty bitch. Anyone who could turn their backs on dying immediate family members like that (and from all reports this was a loving, close family who gave her opportunities and experiences most people would kill for) is one cold customer. (Which is a bit strange because the only thing I have read about her since her disconnection from her family is all the work she does with dog rescue. She has done more and shown more love for a dog she found abandoned on the freeway in LA than she has for her own father and sister.

I also think these tweets are a bit cynical. I think the cult would definitely encourage her to push her connection to her super famous father -probably the one reason she went to his funeral (her non-famous sister obviously didn't get the same consideration from the cult.)

Re. bolded bit - I thought the same thing of a number of Scns for years.

It's the brainwashing. Funerals of loved family members are like a splash of cold water on the sleeping. To acknowledge that we all die, that life is short, that our time together is precious, is something a Scientologist cannot do without seriously questioning his or her beliefs and the cruelty of his or her shunning practices and mistreatment of loved ones.

Funerals of loved ones create the ultimate cognitive dissonance. What am I doing? Why have I lived this way?

Years and years of mistreatment of your loved ones requires incredible humility to confront. In Scientology, one believes there is always another chance to rectify things. Then the person dies and that chance is gone.

The Scientologist then believes they'll make it up next lifetime, that the spiritual being would understand. So much in the mind, so little in reality. The handler is there to ensure the person does not experience regret or remorse and if he or she does, that they are "handled."

I missed my grandfather's funeral when I was in the Sea Org. I missed family weddings. Even while in, I had deep, deep regrets over this. I felt small, horrible, ashamed, yet somehow stuck from changing things and so completely unworthy of my family that for a long time, I felt I had no other course but to continue the one I was on.

I hope Stanley Kubrick's daughter, and every ex-Scn's child or relative, can take a few days out to focus on these precious relationships which they are missing, and know that they can always change course and need to do so quickly. The hearts of loving families have an amazing capacity to forgive, but they are only alive for this small slice of time and that time is to be cherished, right now.

Nothing is more healing or more important than our capacity to love, to forgive and to share in these relationships while we have the chance.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
How is it that the Kult thinks most immediate family of members are SPs.....?

This looks like a "routine" of some sort....(of course it is)

And on another note:

I use to see Kristy Alley around the AOLA area, once in a while....and with a "handler"

How was it that a grown woman....at that age....needed a "handler" even around other kult members...??

The handler is there to protect other Scientologists from her (my theory).