What's new

Stats - August 07

Tanstaafl

Crusader
Excuse me.

Not to divert the topic of the thread or anything, but Tansy...why are you quoting me in your sig line?

Well, Alanzikins, that quote struck me as ever-so-slightly ironic and mildly amusing. It just tickled me, that's all. I think we know each other by now - no offence is intended but I'm glad to remove it if you don't like it. I thought being quoted on a sig line was a bit like getting an L - it's not actually part of The Bridge to Total Status but it's good for credibility. :D

Cheers
tanstaafl

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Well, Alanzikins, that quote struck me as ever-so-slightly ironic and mildly amusing. It just tickled me, that's all. I think we know each other by now - no offence is intended but I'm glad to remove it if you don't like it. I thought being quoted on a sig line was a bit like getting an L - it's not actually part of The Bridge to Total Status but it's good for credibility. :D

Cheers
tanstaafl
No offense at all. And with you posting and posting, it is sure to widen my exposure and increase my status even more. In fact, more people should use quotes of mine in their sig lines. It's good positioning for them (it makes them seem smarter and more well read) and it puts me into ever spiraling upward plateaus of Power.

I think I might even start charging rent for my quotes!

However, your use of that particular quote does "restimulate" a continuing phenomenon for me - no one ever listens or reads what I post! They believe that since I am a "critic" that I think, and continually say, that the tech does not work, or that I never had any wins, or that all wins are hallucinatory. And they think that because that's the "label" written across the CRITIC box in their mind.

I am constantly talking about the wins I had in Scientology.

So the irony is not in me saying something like this. The irony is that there were wins to be had in something like Scientology at all.

There.

Restim discharged.

Carry on...

Tanstaafl

Crusader
No offense at all. And with you posting and posting, it is sure to widen my exposure and increase my status even more. In fact, more people should use quotes of mine in their sig lines. It's good positioning for them (it makes them seem smarter and more well read) and it puts me into ever spiraling upward plateaus of Power.

I think I might even start charging rent for my quotes!

However, your use of that particular quote does "restimulate" a continuing phenomenon for me - no one ever listens or reads what I post! They believe that since I am a "critic" that I think, and continually say, that the tech does not work, or that I never had any wins, or that all wins are hallucinatory. And they think that because that's the "label" written across the CRITIC box in their mind.

I am constantly talking about the wins I had in Scientology.

So the irony is not in me saying something like this. The irony is that there were wins to be had in something like Scientology at all.

There.

Restim discharged.

Carry on...

Well, I wouldn't agree with "constantly" talking about wins but yes, references to personal wins are there to be found in your posts.

Obviously, you saw through my attempt to position myself alongside Source. :)

I'm pleased to have played some small part in facilitating the release of charge on your case. :)

Perhaps a short statement to clarify and encapsulate your position re Scn tech rather than LRH or CoS may help. Perhaps it could be Alanzo's Journal 07? :) Alternatively, we could start a thread where members state their own basic philosophy/viewpoint on CoS/Scn/LRH so we don't have to repeat ourselves to put posts in context - it would be especially useful for newer members.

Cheers
tanstaafl

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Well, I wouldn't agree with "constantly" talking about wins but yes, references to personal wins are there to be found in your posts.

Obviously, you saw through my attempt to position myself alongside Source. :)

I'm pleased to have played some small part in facilitating the release of charge on your case. :)

Perhaps a short statement to clarify and encapsulate your position re Scn tech rather than LRH or CoS may help. Perhaps it could be Alanzo's Journal 07? :) Alternatively, we could start a thread where members state their own basic philosophy/viewpoint on CoS/Scn/LRH so we don't have to repeat ourselves to put posts in context - it would be especially useful for newer members.

Cheers
tanstaafl

OK. Constantly may not be the most accurate term to use, but it does have an emotional effect that tends to smear over the details. Which is always nice.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Over

30,000 posts!!!!

:party:

It's good to see the little ESMB beavers (and little hamsters and squirrels) posting and posting and posting some more!

Something happens with every post we write.

Don't know what it is, but something happens!

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
It's good to see the little ESMB beavers (and little hamsters and squirrels) posting and posting and posting some more!

Something happens with every post we write.

Don't know what it is, but something happens!

Speaking of hamsters & squirrels, I found some great new smilies that some of you requested.

I haven't uploaded them yet but here is a few to give you the idea:

3vacuumsm.gif
floor.gif
h040.gif
hamsterwheel.gif
witch.gif
AF1squirrel02.gif

I'll upload these and a bunch of others for use in the next few days.

I have so many now that it's quite a job!

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Speaking of hamsters & squirrels, I found some great new smilies that some of you requested.

I haven't uploaded them yet but here is a few to give you the idea:

3vacuumsm.gif
floor.gif
h040.gif
hamsterwheel.gif
witch.gif
AF1squirrel02.gif

I'll upload these and a bunch of others for use in the next few days.

I have so many now that it's quite a job!

Oh! I gotta have the Hamster Wheel one!!!!

Fantastic!!!

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
A suggestion - draft mode

Hi Emma, I don't know if the MB software would allow it, but, one feature I often miss is a 'draft and save' mode.

I often run into posts I'd like to comment on, but, want to read others before I formulate what I'd really like to say.

On the bright side, this means that I reply to things far less than I might otherwise, which allows Alanzo's hamster-wheel to Status its full flowering, but, it gets frustrating *not* tossing in my gems where I'd really like to.

Anyway to add a 'Draft' option?

Zinj

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hi Emma, I don't know if the MB software would allow it, but, one feature I often miss is a 'draft and save' mode.

I often run into posts I'd like to comment on, but, want to read others before I formulate what I'd really like to say.

On the bright side, this means that I reply to things far less than I might otherwise, which allows Alanzo's hamster-wheel to Status its full flowering, but, it gets frustrating *not* tossing in my gems where I'd really like to.

Anyway to add a 'Draft' option?

Zinj

I wish there was Zinj. I've often wanted the same thing but I haven't come across anything like that on the mod boards.

I'll keep looking athough it is probably fairly server intensive.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I found the right hack to do this.

I can't install it at the moment because I need to upgrade the VBulletin version first. I'm working with someone at the moment to get this upgrade done. (It's waay over my head).

Once the upgrade is done I can add this modification and a few other goodies I have been saving as well.

Zinj, if you can offer any help it would be appreciated, or anyone else who's up with php, mysql, js etc.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I found the right hack to do this.

I can't install it at the moment because I need to upgrade the VBulletin version first. I'm working with someone at the moment to get this upgrade done. (It's waay over my head).

Once the upgrade is done I can add this modification and a few other goodies I have been saving as well.

Zinj, if you can offer any help it would be appreciated, or anyone else who's up with php, mysql, js etc.

Well, I'm more of a 'cookboock' fumbler for php/mysql/js, but if you want to PM me with what you think you need, I'll take a look.

The only thoughts I've had on it so far, not dealing with the actual code of ESMB, is that it could become a liability for HD space, so, there would have to be some provision to expire 'drafts'. I'd think something like a one week retention would be sane. If you haven't actually posted by then, it's probably irrelevant :)

Zinj