What's new

The Chaser's War on Everything tonight

Lucretia

Patron with Honors
Hey Aussies, did you see the Chaser tonight? They were making amends for their piece of unacceptable satire from two weeks ago. Helping old ladies across the road, removing Andre Reiu's book stand from the local book shop and... putting a large CLOSED FOREVER sign on the crazy space cadet looney cult led by a science fiction writer - you guessed it - Sydney Org, on National TV.

Scn bashing is mainstream entertainment. What fun.

Doom

Lurking.
OMG

OMG I missed it, But hey it will be everywhere tommorrow I would have paid to see that:roflmao: :owned:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Please, please, tell me that someone recorded it and it's now on Youtube! Pretty please with cherries on top. :begging:

Lucretia

Patron with Honors
I think you can view the program from the ABC's web site. Just google Aunty and follow the links to the Chaser.

EastAnon

Patron with Honors
You can only view this if you are an Aussie. Please, someone grab this and repost the video!

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I caught it last night and it was hilarious - it sounded like the HAS Syd F next to the guy asking him "What are you doing?" as he plastered this huge "Closed For Ever" sign across the front doors.

They've had quite a few digs at the cult before - one was when they set up a portable chiro table outside James Packer's offices and offered him a nerve assist as he walked into the building one morning - to his credit, he just laughed.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't know why you'd have to be an Aussie to watch this. Here is the link. The bit on Scientology is just near the beginning of the full episode. It's part of their "amends" for an episode that got them banned from the air for 2 weeks. It's f******g hilarious. Someone from overseas tell me if you can view it. I don't know how to download and put on youtube but someone more computer savvy might be able to do it.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/chaser/#/latestepisode/chaser_09_03_03/

Edit: oops! Didn't see the last posts. Shoulda checked after mucking around finding it.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Here another good one from the Chaser - earlier this year - this Scientology gullibility test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=eR_EAB6h2Cc

I hope this works. I'm not good at this
Great! - That one was posted back when.. There's a woman, an 'official from the church' who's not taking KSW and Hubbard's PR policies too seriously. She's smiling and laughing delightfully.

Is she by any chance here on ESMB now? - I would suspect so..

:D

Carmel

Crusader
Great! - That one was posted back when.. There's a woman, an 'official from the church' who's not taking KSW and Hubbard's PR policies too seriously. She's smiling and laughing delightfully.

Is she by any chance here on ESMB now? - I would suspect so..

:D
No she's not on ESMB, Schwimmy (not as a member we know and trust, anyway). - She knows her stuff, she knows "The Chaser" is popular here, and that the PR thing to do, is to laugh along with them while they are doing one of their stunts.

Her name is Virginia. She is still very much "in", and she is an OSA player who has been trying to create some grief for more than a few of us here, in these last months.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Sorry
Due to copyright reasons this video program is available for download by people located in Australia only. If you are not located in Australia, you are not authorised to view this video.

Zinj

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Sorry
Due to copyright reasons this video program is available for download by people located in Australia only. If you are not located in Australia, you are not authorised to view this video.

Zinj

Yeah, same with me in the UK. I thought it might work to use an Australian proxy, like www.aussieproxy.info, but it didn't work for me.

Paul