What's new

the founding of the IAS

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
http://most-expensive.net/toaster

expensive-toaster.jpg

The most expensive toaster in the world comes in a range of colors, from retro colors like mint green and canary yellow to a more modern (and more expensive) polished finish. The Dualit Combi 2×2 costs £163 or £187 polished, $331 and $382 USD, respectively.

Paul
That's a nice, fancy toaster to have in your home.

Heavy-duty commercial toasters for use in restaurants can run considerably more.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
The IAS does a great deal more than "nothing".

The IAS funds all sorts of capers to "defend the Scientology religion". :puke2:

It funds nasty intelligence operations, overwhelming lawsuits, private investigators, PR publications, and on and on.

I suppose that the IAS is the MONEY BANK for OSA and all of its many secretive shenanigans. The IAS provides the "war chest" for the Church of Scientology, and it is always at war with someone.

The IAS provides Miscavige with the means to conduct whatever surreptitious activities he desires.

In the past, and possible even today, the CIA used drug money to fund various covert operations around the world. The Church of Scientology uses IAS Money to fund its nasty operations.

And, to many over-indoctrinated Scientologists, that is totally okay with them. To such imbeciles it is quite all right to lie, cheat, deceive, misrepresent, and act in any way to HARM any of Scientology's "enemies". The IAS provides the funds that enable them to work overtime trying to do so.

:scnsucks: :scnsucks: :scnsucks: :scnsucks: :scnsucks: :scnsucks: :scnsucks: :scnsucks: :scnsucks: :scnsucks:

The big danger to DM and company was that using "Church" money for "dirty tricks" was too liable to blow up in their faces. A church is liable to audit to ensure that church money is not being used for private enrichment, or other non-legitimate uses. I'm imagining that the IAS was set up to avoid being required to submit to audit.

When I first heard of the IAS, my initial reaction was "That's silly. The safest place for the funds is in Scientologists pockets, where they would have no chance of being seized due to lawsuits against the Church". But that wasn't the reason for the IAS, as we all know.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
If "wotsisname Fraser" was Debbie Fraser's husband, then it's Brian Fraser. I remember Brian well. I found him to be an underhanded snake, perfect for being an IAS reg.

Yep Brian - thats him - a Brit by way of Canada. Debbie was not on my favorites list either.

OMG I forgot Reuvein Marcus!! I was told that if I could salvage him we could have him - he was in the middle of some hysterical upset with the fso at the time. So I did - we had actually been friends back in 78 when he was the Dist Sec FSO . I spent a large part of the next two years rushing out to SFO to put out yet one more Reuvein fire...

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
!!

SCIENTOLOGISTS PRETENDING THEY ARE
DOING SOMETHING TO HELP THE WORLD.

ScreenShot2013-01-07at90741AM-1.jpg

IT'S A CAPER!

THEY MOCK UP SOMETHING THAT
IS SUPPOSED TO REMIND PEOPLE OF FREEDOM.

LIKE THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE.

AND DON'T FORGET THE QUILL PENS...
THAT'S A NICE TOUCH!

SO, HOW DO SCIENTOLOGISTS LIKE
THIS LITTLE DRAMATIZATION?

OH, THEY REALLY LIKE IT A LOT!
JUST LOOK AT THEIR BANK
ACCOUNT BALANCES GOING DOWN...
THEIR TECH ESTIMATES GOING UP...
AND THEIR GRIP ON
REALITY GOING SIDEWAYS.

IT'S A SCIENCE OF MENTAL HEALTH!
IT MAKES PEOPLE INSANE.
SO WHAT, THEY ARE HAVING WINS!
WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
Yep Brian - thats him - a Brit by way of Canada. Debbie was not on my favorites list either.

OMG I forgot Reuvein Marcus!! I was told that if I could salvage him we could have him - he was in the middle of some hysterical upset with the fso at the time. So I did - we had actually been friends back in 78 when he was the Dist Sec FSO . I spent a large part of the next two years rushing out to SFO to put out yet one more Reuvein fire...

Oh the restimulation, seeing those names again! Argh! :omg:

Gib

Crusader
Gib asked me (in another thread)

Well I think I have at various points covered the salient facts but I don't think it is all in one place - so I'll try to tie it together here

First of all - my end of it.

I was in LA in late September 1984 getting my clearances to go to Int to get training to become the DCO Prod FSO. I got sidetracked for a week or two holding Rae Mathieson's post as SMI OFF Int while he went off to do something mysterious for RTC. (and in the 'small world' category - rae had been the ED HAPI where I got into Scientology and I was probably the only person in the SO who had the hatting to hold rae's post except for him!) I finished that and then got woken up in the middle of the night by Jens Uhrskov telling me I was going on another mission.

Jens briefed me that we were going to be on mission, there would be nothing in writing and we would actually be "off the grid" for a few days. He briefed me that we were going to be working on helping set up the IAS and to set up the unit that would be pushing the IAS in the CofS.

As jens and I were sitting in an office in Big Blue the whole convention thing was already happening. Every org and area OSA had received instructions to send a delegate to St Hill for a convention - for small orgs/areas (like SA) the money was advanced via a complicated procedure - SOR "lent" the money to a temporary organization to help set up the IAS that was to eb repaid by the IAS later. All DSAs or reps were vetted in advance and were briefed on what they were supposed to be doing.

During that time I was surveying to figure out the cost of a lifetime and an annual membership. (the original $300 figure was arrived at by my calculation of - an expensive toaster LOL). We were also getting ready to set up what would become the IMU.

During that time as we talked (I had little else to do) I found out - that Jacob Arrevad was the Danish lawyer who had worked out part of how the IAS would be set up - he is a lawyer employed by NEPI and Carl Heldt ( ex GO) was the guy who worked with him on it. There was an American lawyer whose name I have forgetting and maybe Denise Brennan may remember it who was also involved in it or may indeed have been the person who came up with the whole idea.

About a week before the convention (yep) there had been a meeting in switzerland with Arrevad, Heldt, the American lawyer and someone else (don't know for sure who but I think it was Lyman Spurlock) that set up the basic legal outline for what the IAS would be and also set up a corporation called Theta Management Liasion (TML) that would administer the operations of the IAS from Lanarca Cyprus.

So the "spontaneous" convention happened (Jean-Michel Wargniez's office had been responsible for writing the declaration about a week before the convention was held.. LOL) and was unleashed upon an unsuspecting world.. LOL.

So then I was told we were going to run the set ups of the evnts to be held in all the major areas - we ripped off students from anywhere and sent them on mission ot NY, Sydney London etc. We had a whole bunch of people on the phone just runing the call in - it got so intense we had our own perosnal ATT operatot who's name was Blair.

Interesting aside - when people talk of how many Scientologists there are - these IAS events were held in LA, NY Flag Toronto, London, Copenhagen, Munich, Paris, Milan, Johannnesburg, Sydney. they were promoted without regard to expense. the total attendance was around 37,000. Total.

part of the set up as this was ongoing was to set up a unit whose job would be to raise the money for the IAS. Dick Storey was the IC of the mission and his job was, basically, to rip off regges . he was the guy who got; ken Pirak, Carla North, Brigitte yaversky, Darcy Hollingsworth, Vic Scelza, dan North, Bertie Van Hoecke, jane Zimmatore, Deb Fraser, Cliff Bowen, wotsisname Fraser, Deac Finn, some swedish girl EU, sorry the rest of the tours I cannot remember and I hope someone can fill it in.

I was told to get trained on all the INCOMM stuff and the person assigned tp get it done was - Mike Rinder who was Vicki Aznaran's communicator (nothing like being a bitch's bitch...) and it was jess prince who took me down to INCOMM at 3 in the morning and told them to train me on mercury SIR and the other two programs.

So there you go - questions?

Thanks Mick & JustMe.

But the question not fully answered.

" the debbie cook facebook message from last year mentioned there are only two memberships, namely yearly and lifetime."

So what about that statement above? Is the IAS off policy, thus out KSW?

Copied from this link: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/01/scientology_in_3.php

"The IAS: The [International Association of Scientologists] was created unbeknownst to LRH in 1984 by Marc Yager and
 David Miscavige. This was supposed to be based on LRH policies on the 
subject of membership and the HASI, however the IAS is nothing like the
 membership system described by LRH which only has two memberships and is
 covered in HCO PL 22 March 1965 "Current Promotion and Org Program Summary,
 Membership Rundown" and states:"There are two memberships..." - LRH"

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Thanks Mick & JustMe.

But the question not fully answered.

" the debbie cook facebook message from last year mentioned there are only two memberships, namely yearly and lifetime."

So what about that statement above? Is the IAS off policy, thus out KSW?

Copied from this link: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/01/scientology_in_3.php

"The IAS: The [International Association of Scientologists] was created unbeknownst to LRH in 1984 by Marc Yager and
 David Miscavige. This was supposed to be based on LRH policies on the 
subject of membership and the HASI, however the IAS is nothing like the
 membership system described by LRH which only has two memberships and is
 covered in HCO PL 22 March 1965 "Current Promotion and Org Program Summary,
 Membership Rundown" and states:"There are two memberships..." - LRH"

Actually it is not - there are only two memberships - annual and lifetime - the rest are statuses.

Not sure the semantics of "on policy" hold much interest for me to be honest.

Gus

Patron with Honors
Actually it is not - there are only two memberships - annual and lifetime - the rest are statuses.

Typical semantic whoopty-do from that wretched dwarf David Miscavige. Or, as his mother called him, Little Hitler.

Nevertheless, I'd always go running for the bathroom when I saw one of those intense-looking women in the "IAS World Tour" jackets heading my way. I spend a lot of time in the can. Then I left.

Gus

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
But wot about the snaps of Wee Daaaaavey with His moustache?:roflmao:

That made up for seeing Phil Stevens again:omg:

I'm sure He'd be hitting the Scotch extra heavily if THOSE pic.s were published widely.:biggrin:

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
But wot about the snaps of Wee Daaaaavey with His moustache?:roflmao:

That made up for seeing Phil Stevens again:omg:

I'm sure He'd be hitting the Scotch extra heavily if THOSE pic.s were published widely.:biggrin:

And I just spotted Maz Whicher standing behind Phyll looking cool and glam. I always liked that girl.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

Gib

Crusader

Thanks Mick. I actually didn't realize that.

As far as this

"Not sure the semantics of "on policy" hold much interest for me to be honest." that part doesn't matter to me either.

The first part, status's. That is subtle in the church's promotion of the IAS, and people don't see it as I didn't, It sort of becomes mandatory or implied a member has to donate something, some money, to the IAS, or else. Donating more than lifetime membership is not necessary to going up the bridge, but members get roped into thinking they need to constantly donate to the IAS, as it's a 4th dynamic activity and members place all TRUST in the IAS and Church management,

thinking they, the members, are expanding on their dynamics if they give money to the IAS.