What's new

Tony Ortega's book tour in Australia

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
And so it goes.

The Church of Scientology responds to Tony Ortega's claims

The Church of Scientology, Australia have responded to our segment on Thursday featuring Tony Ortega.
The Morning Show

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-morning...-scientology-responds-to-tony-ortegas-claims/

:hysterical:

Vicky - do you really think that anyone outside of The Bubble believes you at all?:duh:

It's obviously the best that they can come up with, even after reading the book AND getting multiple reports back from Friday night's event in Redfern.:screwy:

Obviously there is nothing in the book itself that the cult can disagree with.:roflmao:

We need a :cultclown: smilie for times like this:biggrin:

:footbullet: just doesn't cover the depth of stupidity that "PR" statements like these convey.:yes:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Vicky - do you really think that anyone outside of The Bubble believes you at all?:duh:

It's obviously the best that they can come up with, even after reading the book AND getting multiple reports back from Friday night's event in Redfern.:screwy:

Obviously there is nothing in the book itself that the cult can disagree with.:roflmao:

We need a :cultclown: smilie for times like this:biggrin:

:footbullet: just doesn't cover the depth of stupidity that "PR" statements like these convey.:yes:

Perfect! LOL.

I looked (with real curiosity) at what her "statement" could possibly say to reverse the entheta tsunami engulfing Scientology.

DUNSTAN STATEMENT:
I write to you concerning the Morning Show interview which aired this morning with paid anti-Scientologist, Tony Ortega.

The Church was not contacted regarding the claims or given any opportunity whatsoever to respond to the issues raised before or after the program aired today.

I would appreciate if you would instruct your staff who may be airing a story on Scientology in the future, to make a meaningful effort to contact the Church and obtain our information and response, so they can responsibly assess the claim’s accuracy and newsworthiness. This would also provide some opportunity for balance and to respond to false or tabloid claims.

Accordingly, I ask that our Church statement be posted on your website to remedy the lack of balance in this morning's segment and to provide your viewers with our response.

Please get back to me regarding this matter as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely,

Vicki Dunstan | Public Affairs
Church of Scientology Australia

She had me at "paid anti-Scientologist". Had me laughing.

So what? People get paid for their book. Tony gets paid
[SUP]*[/SUP] to sell copies of "The Unbreakable Miss Lovely" and thereafter people reviled & ridiculed Scientology.

By her reasoning, L. Ron Hubbard is also a "paid anti-Scientologist" because--people likewise paid for his book and thereafter reviled & ridiculed Scientology.

[SUP]* [/SUP]Yeah, I know, Dunstan is attempting to "black pr" Tony as a paid stooge of pharmaceutical companies, communists, world bankers, psychs--or whoever is the SP du jour. Funny, Scientologists always claim that anyone who doesn't agree with them (or exposes their crimes) is being "paid" to do so. They don't offer evidence to refute the facts being reported. They don't offer evidence that the party is being "paid"--or by whom. Just generalities. Hmmm...that doesn't look good for OTs to have one of the SP traits from Ron's policy on the Anti-Social Personality. I would like to write more on this subject but the mail just arrived here and I got my monthly check from a drug company for posting on ESMB and need to go cash it and use the money to sabotage Ron's Bridge to Total Freedom.

Last edited:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
By Helluvahoax.
[SUP]* [/SUP]Yeah, I know, Dustan is attempting to "black pr" Tony as a paid stooge of pharmaceutical companies, communists, world bankers, psychs--or whoever is the SP du jour. Funny, Scientologists always claim that anyone who doesn't agree with them (or exposes their crimes) is being "paid" to do so. They don't offer evidence to refute the facts being reported. They don't offer evidence that the party is being "paid"--or by whom. Just generalities. Hmmm...that doesn't look good for OTs to have one of the SP traits from Ron's policy on the Anti-Social Personality. I would like to write more on this subject but the mail just arrived here and I got my monthly check from a drug company for posting on ESMB and need to go cash it and use the money to sabotage Ron's Bridge to Total Freedom.[/INDENT]

They pay you too? OMG! I thought I was the only one to receive regular weekly payments from the Psych Industry to post on ESMB. Anyone else here getting paid?

Jump

Operating teatime
They pay you too? OMG! I thought I was the only one to receive regular weekly payments from the Psych Industry to post on ESMB. Anyone else here getting paid?

You must be on the priority list .. my weekly check is late late late .. again !

:violin: :waiting: :shrug:

tetloj

Silver Meritorious Patron
Tony is in the building in Melbourne - Bunkeroo Eleventy is in place for live-blogging and pix

tetloj

Great reporting from Iain

There was a Scientologist in the audience who asked a question (as reported by Iain)

http://tonyortega.org/2015/10/24/fr...-exemption-to-scientology/#comment-2325518033

3. Scientologist asking
I'm here to listen. Thanks for letting me in.
Hypothetical : What if everything you talked about, what if it was listened to, what if the church changed.
Would you as a journalist write about that? Or are you already too far down road of being critic

Tony: Always waiting to report changes.
Most basic thing: Talk about itself! Describe itself publicly.
Talk about auditing. Why several years in and enormous money in to reveal OT3?
Otherwise it's a big bait and switch.

The day Sci does that, I will celebrate it.
But they follow the playbook from 1965.
Some indies are trying to make those changes. But until Sci itself does, it's really frustrating.

Steve addressing the asker: I found you a very open minded scientologist - I had dealings with you. I have problems talking to people at top of CoS in Aus. Not granted me an interview since 2010. I am trained as a journalist to be fair, try and get all sides. But when I do reporting they don't put people out. They hand a whole bunch of affidavits. When I ring them up (in US), can I speak to that person to test the claim? They're never available.
Exes I talk to, always available to test their claims. I do. How do I know you're not lying, I say.
Very openminded to other sides but very difficult

Tony: Sci say we're not talking to official channels.
But I have sources inside. Very frustrated.

Steve: Their internal justice imperils them. We can't quote them.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Great reporting from Iain

There was a Scientologist in the audience who asked a question (as reported by Iain)

3. Scientologist asking
I'm here to listen. Thanks for letting me in.
Hypothetical : What if everything you talked about, what if it was listened to, what if the church changed.
Would you as a journalist write about that? Or are you already too far down road of being critic

:thumbsup:

That is actually quite a remarkable question coming from a Scientologist!

Or should I say, a soon-to-be-declared Scientologist.

Because they were being "reasonable". By actually engaging in a conversation.

Yeah, two way com is so squirrel and so evil and so suppressive. Unless there is paid invoice.

tetloj

Another Bunkeroo followed up with the Scientologist in Melbourne

http://tonyortega.org/2015/10/24/fr...-exemption-to-scientology/#comment-2325541594

I briefly spoke to the Scientologist. He joined in his twenties (like Steve said they do), is active. I told him he was brave for coming here and I hope he wouldn't get in any trouble for being here. He said he wouldn't.

He thinks Paulette was treated appallingly and her story is intriguing. If he could make an effective apology for the actions of the people involved he would. He says he is going to buy Tony's book. And Steve's when it comes out next year. He reads both the Scientology and critic material, as he thinks important to keep an open mind.

I asked him if he had considered leaving. He said no, as he was in his 50's and it was too late for him.

That was pretty much the whole conversation. He was leaving and I wanted the jump in line to get my book signed.

I would have liked to talk to him some more. He seemed very interesting. And if he is reading this, it's not too late for you. You can leave, if you wish to do so. It's not too late. The Bunker is here to support you. If not, all the best to you and your family and please keeps the dialog open if it is safe for you to do so. A scientologist who is open and willing to talk about their beliefs in a considered, logical manner seems to be a rare thing.

Last edited:

tetloj

Apparently Emma and others knew who the guy was...no doubt they will tell the story

From another Bunkeroo in attendance
http://tonyortega.org/2015/10/24/fr...-exemption-to-scientology/#comment-2325627938
They did know who he was, perhaps not by name, but have seen him at protests and Orgs. He is always asking why people are critical and why they protest. The ex's seemed pretty certain he ain't leavin any time soon. One told me that these types can be very good at seeming reasonable. One of the ex's was EMMA from ESMB. They know their shit. Facinating.

and
http://tonyortega.org/2015/10/24/fr...-exemption-to-scientology/#comment-2325635049

Remember they don't look at anything critical off their own bat, not the done thing. So no internet, radio or tv that has a critical slant. This is an opportunity to gain information to report back whilst making some in the audience uncomforatable IMO. Was a sure thing that someone in the audience would be there to do that. Emma explained to me that Melbourne is the strong hold in Australia. Not so much new recruites, rather the children of members marrying other scions. Gorgeous woman is she.

Last edited:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
These are comments from the Bunker? Can you put a link back so they are easy to find ... you just click on the time next to the name and it will give a url that takes you straight to the comment. Much appreciated!

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Wow that was fun! Catching up with Steve & Tony was sooo great. Those guys know their shit. We had a few drinks by the river after the show & hours flew by.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Not long back from the Melbourne event, wonderful. Pretty full house and terrific discussion at the end as has been blogged.

Steve Cannane is such an excellent interviewer and Tony is a fabulous speaker - and to see these two professionals discussing scientology like this was a dream come true for me. I remember those heady days back in 2008 when Anonymous appeared and the gratitude I felt then, as I do now, for people willing to stand up and make the abuses known.

I met some old friends and I am sure there were a lot of exes there I didn't know. You know ... people who get the jokes and laugh in the right places. I met some Bunkerites as well, which was terrific. I'm sure the scientologist who asked the question was simply running a program he has done many times before. Sort of like pointing out, in a roundabout way, that only one side of the story is being heard. Yawn.

Aussies - if you can go to the Adelaide and Perth events, it really is something not to miss.

Emma said I can post this ... Tony with her by the Yarra having drinks. I love this photo, the sky was changing in typical Melbourne style and shortly after there was a beautiful pinkish sunset sky with a double rainbow. Yeah I know I'm full of adjectives, that's how I'm feeling. :biggrin:

PA250001 (639x800).jpg

Felicity

The talk in Melbourne was the 4th largest audience apparently, and it was a packed house of seriously interested and interesting people. Best of all I got to meet some amazing and inspirational heroes - Emma, Tony, Steve, Rohan and many more.

Barbie

Patron
Sounds like the events have been fantastic so far!! Sorry to have missed the fun in Sydney (would have loved to catch up with you all... its been too long) but I realised that the Adelaide event is only 10 minutes outside the CBD so with a little luck I think I can actually make that one!

I would feel better to have some company, so if anyone from Adelaide who is going could PM me it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Barbie

Tony reports on the Sydney event ( and this link is also about the Dutch court's ruling.)

http://tonyortega.org/2015/10/24/fr...dutch-denial-of-tax-exemption-to-scientology/

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Not long back from the Melbourne event, wonderful. Pretty full house and terrific discussion at the end as has been blogged.

Steve Cannane is such an excellent interviewer and Tony is a fabulous speaker - and to see these two professionals discussing scientology like this was a dream come true for me. I remember those heady days back in 2008 when Anonymous appeared and the gratitude I felt then, as I do now, for people willing to stand up and make the abuses known.

I met some old friends and I am sure there were a lot of exes there I didn't know. You know ... people who get the jokes and laugh in the right places. I met some Bunkerites as well, which was terrific. I'm sure the scientologist who asked the question was simply running a program he has done many times before. Sort of like pointing out, in a roundabout way, that only one side of the story is being heard. Yawn.

Aussies - if you can go to the Adelaide and Perth events, it really is something not to miss.

Emma said I can post this ... Tony with her by the Yarra having drinks. I love this photo, the sky was changing in typical Melbourne style and shortly after there was a beautiful pinkish sunset sky with a double rainbow. Yeah I know I'm full of adjectives, that's how I'm feeling. :biggrin:

View attachment 11533

Re pic above ... I bet she said you can post it! Look at her, she looks about 25 (and I know for a fact ... she ain't) and she glows (it's a great photo)!

So glad you both had such a great day and met some wonderful people.

:happydance: