What's new

"Yard sale" of Scientology materials, Clearwater Florida

Takin Time

Patron with Honors
Bent Corydon's book was the final straw for me. I just finished reading L. Ron Hubbard: Messiah of Madman. That was the icing on my cake (of researching Scientology these last seven months).

All of the last of my Scientology materials are now for sale at some of the cheapest prices ever. Contact me privately or see http://www.sellingscnstuff.com/yardsale.html for a list of what I'm selling cheap-cheap-cheap.

Come and get it. Send all your Florida-based Freezone friends.

I want this stuff out of the house :vacuum: ... and out of the garage.

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
What a concept! Virtual recycling of books that Scientologists have been told to turn in for destruction. I'll watch this with interest.

Last edited:

Takin Time

Patron with Honors
One suggestion... keep your certs... you may want to refer to them later for names and dates. :) Regards

The certs are safe; as are all my "files". :thumbsup:

I have enough personal "dirt" on the CofS to make them leave me alone should they decide to harass me. What was it that was written in the ethics book? Something like "When you move off a point of power ... move off with your pockets full of ... potential blackmail on every erstwhile rival..."

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
One suggestion... keep your certs... you may want to refer to them later for names and dates. :)

Regards

Names and dates? Could you elaborate on that? Just curious (I trashed my certs. But they are all signed by my x-best friend. I know her name. Dates? I still have the Scn passport which has all the dates in it).

Just curious why...

T

TheSneakster

not important

Last edited by a moderator:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Because if you keep the certs, they can be useful documentation to counter whatever lies C of $ might be spreading around about someone as to their alleged lack of training, case gain, etc.

The Sneakster

I see. Thank you.

Well, too late for the certs.

But my passport is all stamped and up to date.

All my Flag training is in there and noted as Flag Training, including Class VI. I guess that is my only documentation, except my freeloader bill, I guess, which is at least 150K.

You think that would suffice?

If so, I shall not burn it.

Terril park

Sponsor
Because if you keep the certs, they can be useful documentation to counter whatever lies C of $ might be spreading around about someone as to their alleged lack of training, case gain, etc.

The Sneakster

Thats true. Via private Mail I've seen a selection of Pierre Ethiers
commendations from the likes of Ray Mithof, Bill Franks etc.

pomfritz

Patron with Honors
When we left the SO we didn't have much but we had boxes of Hubbard's crap, R&D vols, tape sets, books, course packs. It made up probably a good 10-15 filled boxes, plus 4 e-meters We had to move all this around to various hotels and storage spaces while we got resettled. Needless to say it was quite a pain in the ass to move this stuff all around and there was something quite ironic about shuttling this burden here and there. At the time I planned on keeping it but felt there was no way I would ever read this stuff again.

We eventually unloaded about 95% of this stuff on e-Bay or through other means, There seemed to be a bigger market for used stuff back a few years but even that was smaller than just a few years earlier than that.

I wondered if I should just trash it or try and get something back for it as it was a sizable investment. I decided to sell it as it the person buying it would likely buy it from the church so this way it prevented them from making the sale and helped the buyer save some money at the same time. ...and how else did you justify that overt? :)

Some stuff did just go in the trash, there is simply no one out there willing to buy a used VMH or WIS.

We ended up keeping some older green bound books and manuals, but those are stowed away in the attic in one small box.

Takin Time

Patron with Honors
I wondered if I should just trash it or try and get something back for it as it was a sizable investment. I decided to sell it as it the person buying it would likely buy it from the church so this way it prevented them from making the sale and helped the buyer save some money at the same time. ...and how else did you justify that overt? :)

If you want some advice on offloading the stuff, contact me through the website www.sellingscnstuff.com. We can also talk on the phone. :eek:nthephone: There is no overt in selling MEST you rightfully purchased.

Terril park

Sponsor
When we left the SO we didn't have much but we had boxes of Hubbard's crap, R&D vols, tape sets, books, course packs. It made up probably a good 10-15 filled boxes, plus 4 e-meters We had to move all this around to various hotels and storage spaces while we got resettled. Needless to say it was quite a pain in the ass to move this stuff all around and there was something quite ironic about shuttling this burden here and there. At the time I planned on keeping it but felt there was no way I would ever read this stuff again.

We eventually unloaded about 95% of this stuff on e-Bay or through other means, There seemed to be a bigger market for used stuff back a few years but even that was smaller than just a few years earlier than that.

Some stuff did just go in the trash, there is simply no one out there willing to buy a used VMH or WIS.

We ended up keeping some older green bound books and manuals, but those are stowed away in the attic in one small box.

If you want to make a list with prices, I could post them on freezone forums.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
If you want to make a list with prices, I could post them on freezone forums.

One thing I'd like to suggest for your existing list; add publication date!

I know quite a few people looking for *older* stuff and people who keep multiple versions for comparison purposes.

Zinj

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
One thing I'd like to suggest for your existing list; add publication date!

I know quite a few people looking for *older* stuff and people who keep multiple versions for comparison purposes.

Zinj

tru dat

I've been on amazon looking for older versions and finding that info not available....

alex

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
If you decide to get rid of the stuff, P, there're people who'd probably buy it from you.

I just bought a set of R&D vols via EBay a couple weeks ago and I also bought some PABS in almost mint condition. CofS had one of their shills (I think it was, anyway. It was one of the nicks BFG specified as a probably CofS directed EBay-er) bidding but I won the bid.

One person's trash may be another's treasure.