What's new

Tom Cruise has been distancing himself from Scientology

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
http://www.inquisitr.com/2085963/tom-cruise-has-been-distancing-himself-from-scientology-but-why/

(excerpts)

It seemed nothing could pry Tom Cruise from Scientology’s grip, but now, as Mr. Cruise begins promoting his latest Mission: Impossible film, a change has come over Tom’s demeanor. Mr. Cruise is no longer as outspoken on his belief in Scientology as he once had been and one has to wonder why.

Whether he likes it or not, Tom Cruise may have to speak publicly about his involvement with Scientology, if he expects to maintain his Hollywood star power. People want to know what’s going on and they want to hear it from Tom Cruise, himself.

“The documentary is going to have an impact on Mission: Impossible when it comes out,” says Jeetendr Sehdev, a marketing professor at the University of Southern California and a celebrity branding expert. “Secrets in Hollywood are really no longer sexy. Audiences are looking for transparency and authenticity in their celebrities more than ever before.”

Mr. Cruise’s Mission: Impossible co-star, Simon Pegg also confirmed that Tom avoids discussing Scientology, even in closed circles.

“It’s not something he talks about or preaches. I don’t know what the story is.”

I thought the area I bolded above was interesting.

Quite a change.

But a little too little a little to late, I'd say.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
One does not have to wonder why...Tom Cruise has had the EP of Scientology.

It goes like this...

Scientology is bad for your business

Scientology is bad for your family relationships

Scientology is bad for your finances

Scientology is bad for your health

Scientology is bad for your well being

Scientology is just BAD

Why do people stay in?

Hypnosis

Mind Control

Scientology is a Prison of Belief

Hypatia

Pagan
He's either still a true believer keeping it on the down low for pr reasons or he could be having second thoughts. But for that to happen, he'd have to be distancing himself from a certain evil little parasite. That could be very difficult because DM wouldn't give up easily.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
At this point I'm sure he must know just about everybody on a set he's working with has seen the film
and so has his withholds missed daily. It's gonna be a tough day when it finally sinks in what an ass he's
made of himself he's made the last 10 or so years and how many people got hurt taking his advice.
If this article is true maybe it's sinking in.

Terril park

Sponsor
http://www.inquisitr.com/2085963/tom-cruise-has-been-distancing-himself-from-scientology-but-why/

(excerpts)

It seemed nothing could pry Tom Cruise from Scientology’s grip, but now, as Mr. Cruise begins promoting his latest Mission: Impossible film, a change has come over Tom’s demeanor. Mr. Cruise is no longer as outspoken on his belief in Scientology as he once had been and one has to wonder why.

Whether he likes it or not, Tom Cruise may have to speak publicly about his involvement with Scientology, if he expects to maintain his Hollywood star power. People want to know what’s going on and they want to hear it from Tom Cruise, himself.

“The documentary is going to have an impact on Mission: Impossible when it comes out,” says Jeetendr Sehdev, a marketing professor at the University of Southern California and a celebrity branding expert. “Secrets in Hollywood are really no longer sexy. Audiences are looking for transparency and authenticity in their celebrities more than ever before.”

Mr. Cruise’s Mission: Impossible co-star, Simon Pegg also confirmed that Tom avoids discussing Scientology, even in closed circles.

“It’s not something he talks about or preaches. I don’t know what the story is.”

I thought the area I bolded above was interesting.

Quite a change.

But a little too little a little to late, I'd say.

The Simon Pegg data was mentioned in an article in the Sunday
Times Magazine. Simon and Tom's friendship has been ongoing for 10 years.
Tom in that time has openly advocated Scn at least publically. But apparently
not to friends. Puzzling.

I think its the case that Tom does not want to attack Scn but association
with the organisation is giving him very bad PR.

Solution if you're reading Tom. Ditch CO$ and embrace the independent/ FZ.
area.

Then you and staff can sleep easier.

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
That'd be something if he's avoiding Scientology, even in his "circle of friends," because this was the person who claimed that people were always coming up to him, asking about Scientology, and looking for answers, just as he thought world leaders were hoping to find their answers in Scientology.

I don't think he was lying about the people coming up to him and being curious and interested in Scientology, because they wanted to get closer to him to help their careers, or like Spielberg, they wanted him for a movie. The world leaders, on the other hand, just endure him babbling about Scientology, as part of entertaining him as a Hollywood star they like to associate with for publicity purposes. Unfortunately, sometimes he did have some influence years ago when he met with certain politicians. These days, he's going to find fewer invitations.

I suppose he could be a little paranoid about talking about Scientology as freely as he used to with some people, because he doesn't want to be accused of pushing it on people, as he was trying to push it on Spielberg, for example, or Katie Holmes.

Who would be in Tom's close circle of friends anyway? They'd be all Scientologists, pretty much.

Cruise and his agent know that as long as he shuts up, or if forced to, gives some lame-ass excuse like Travolta gave, he's not going to lose his public. Although the chances are tiny, if he ever does wake up, and/or realizes how much Miscavige has played him, I think he'd withdraw from the cult quietly.

I think the media will keep applying pressure though, as will other people in Hollywood, some who used to let Scientology kind of slide by. They're going to have a stronger opinion about it now. There may come a new young male star who has great looks, lots of talent, and becomes wildly popular and has the guts to tell Tom Cruise that his space cult is baloney, an abusive and dangerous scam.

Hypatia

Pagan
I don't care what he believes in (spirituality) but I do care about TC's complicity in the enslavement and mistreatment of Sea Org staff.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't care what he believes in (spirituality) but I do care about TC's complicity in the enslavement and mistreatment of Sea Org staff.

Its become the PR nightmare it was always destined to be. He only has 2 options:

1) Try to let it fade away into obscurity, (not going to happen).

2) Suddenly discover how they were secretly abusing people and become vocal advocate of the downtrodden, (not going to happen).

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Its become the PR nightmare it was always destined to be. He only has 2 options:

1) Try to let it fade away into obscurity, (not going to happen).

2) Suddenly discover how they were secretly abusing people and become vocal advocate of the downtrodden, (not going to happen).

3) Resume Ostrich Tech, (highly likely).

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
The Simon Pegg data was mentioned in an article in the Sunday
Times Magazine. Simon and Tom's friendship has been ongoing for 10 years.
Tom in that time has openly advocated Scn at least publically. But apparently
not to friends. Puzzling.

I think its the case that Tom does not want to attack Scn but association
with the organisation is giving him very bad PR.

Solution if you're reading Tom. Ditch CO$ and embrace the independent/ FZ.
area.

Then you and staff can sleep easier.

Dear L. Ron Hubbard; Please tell me how to live my life. Amen.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
He's either still a true believer keeping it on the down low for pr reasons.....

I think it's this one. Probably been instructed to stop talking about the cult because it hasn't worked out so well for him (them) in the past. I'd like to think he's losing the faith, but I'm betting he's still a True Believer.

And Krustie's been doing great on her diversionary Good Roads and Fair Weather - I am a 1 million per cent scientologist and fuck all you SPs and we are saving the world but right now Scientology? what scientology? I'm just a girl having a great holiday and see how normal I am and scientologists aren't really freaks, and the Italian this and the Italian that is so kewl and wonderful and actually right now while HBO entheta tsunamis are washing over the USA I'm actually krustie the Jenny Craig celeb, what is real for you is my BS, but let me just comm you up the tone scale, see see look at me.....Jenny Craig Italian Holiday..it is becoming more real to you.......big black widow cult spider will be attacked you after you have cognited your ARC 4 me get me in a text twitter me I want your soul.

I hope you don't mind if I share my masterpiece of rap (That is crap without the c)....

Tom and Ker rus ter ree
Got spiritual ree al ah tee
But waz da problem is all da internet ess peez
Iz peeeing all ofah their sci in toh loh gee

Got to attack and nevah dee fend dit
Cos LRH would be b gravely oh-fend dit
But Celebs iz now shaken up in con fo dince
and not doin the scientology shillin stints
Dey got witholds missed and seen
more and more overts
where dey been?
Keepin their dis tince
that's where they at
don't wanna b where their cult craps
Fuck you Tom and Ker rus ter ree and yongling
get yer fugly asses here for more joking and dee gray ding.

Humbly Tended as a Piece of Shit like most other rap.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I think it's this one. Probably been instructed to stop talking about the cult because it hasn't worked out so well for him (them) in the past. I'd like to think he's losing the faith, but I'm betting he's still a True Believer.

:thumbsup: That'd be my guess too.

[SIZE=-1]
"Some people, well, if they don't like Scientology, well, then, fuck you. Really. Fuck you. Period."
~ Tom Cruise
[/SIZE]

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Why don't he buy himself a blue [STRIKE]motorhome[/STRIKE] winnebago and get lost in the desert ???

That what's his humanitarian guru, would do! (the one who is There 1st levle on the hyerarchy scale on earth..) ! :confused2:

Edit: ... and get a few slaves to look after his ''sacred'' ecclesiastic medal of valor humanitarian meat body!

Last edited:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
He's either still a true believer keeping it on the down low for pr reasons or he could be having second thoughts. But for that to happen, he'd have to be distancing himself from a certain evil little parasite. That could be very difficult because DM wouldn't give up easily.

There are no indications he's anything but a true believer. It was 8 years ago that Summer Redstone, owner of Viacom/Paramount Pictures ended the studios relationship with Cruise over his cult antics.

http://screencrush.com/paramount-tom-cruise-mission-impossible

He, eventually, quit talking about the cult & kissed Redstone's ass to rekindle their friendship & earn his way back into the 'Mission:Impossible' franchise that made him a mega-star. I suspect he's VERY pissed off about the release of 'Going Clear' and is doing everything he can to keep his ego & narcissism in check & avoiding any mention of the cult, especially since the latest sequel has not been released in theatres yet.

Sindy

Crusader

Yes. It's a gossip column trying to make a story out of nothing. Big stretch and license with a tiny comment made by some other celeb about how Tom doesn't get preachy. A non story.

Sindy

Crusader
Sounds like bull shit about him "not getting preachy"....according to another post here today....about him trying to recruit some guy in France...at a dinner table..

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...-says-Tom-Cruise-is-quot-dumb-as-a-cigar-quot

Well yes but that was a long time ago -- way back in his halcyon days of relatively unfettered blather. Now he has learned to stay quiet but there is a world of difference between distancing oneself from Scientology and distancing oneself from talking about Scientology. They conveniently left those two words out to change the meaning into something far more interesting. Too bad it's only inside the mind of the writer (for a second) to meet his/her quota of celeb BS for the day and not at all a reality.