What's new

The Aftermath Finale Tonight

RSS Feed

RSS Feeder Bot
There is a new post up at the Mike Rinder's Blog

The Aftermath Finale Tonight

Tonight at 9pm A&E airs the final 2 hour episode of Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath. I hope you can tune in, or at least record the show for later watching. Due to circumstances beyond our control, the episode was only finalized last week. A&E could not promote it or schedule a final […]

Continue reading...

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Snipped from Mike Rinder's Blog post.

Now we must take this crusade to a whole new level where we are able to do what we know must be done to bring an end to scientology’s ability to hurt more good-hearted people. Without the chains which have constrained us, we are free to do what needs to be done and not have to wait for the wheels of bureaucracy to turn…
We believe that carrying through with things we have been working on behind the scenes over the last few years is what it will take to finally end Fair Game, destruction of families, labor trafficking, sex abuse and predatory financial practices rampant in scientology.
Some of this we cannot disclose yet, some has rolled out already. There is now a strong legal team working with us to bring justice to victims and you have already seen some of their work make the headlines. We believe all victims of sexual assault should have their day in court and yet survivors of Scientology abuse have not often been afforded that opportunity. That state of affairs is changing…
We are gearing up to end Scientology abuses once and for all.

This sounds very promising.

A big thank-you to Mike and Leah and a special thank-you to everyone involved behind the scenes who is helping to make this happen.

:heartflower:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
..."Unfortunately sponsored television has limitations. There are things we cannot film or show on camera because of certain restrictions. These restrictions have limited us in many ways to tell the full story and in some cases, not permitted us to tell the story at all."

"We build a world with broken straws...."

I think its clear that even Mike, besides the money he has personally made on these 3 seasons selling the stories of Ex-Scientologists, is admitting that this series has done nothing to make any changes in the Church of Scientology, it's leadership, its tax exempt status, and its ability to hoodwink and harm people.

So we'll see if Mike and Leah ever do anything other than this series. For all we know, these two are sick of each other. Just because Mike says they intend to keep making content, does not mean that they will, or even if they have any plans to do anything more.

For now - before the 2 hour finale airs - I'm going to call 3 seasons of Scientology and the Aftermath, a hard failure by almost all standards we use to judge the effectiveness of Scientology criticism. Especially by the standards it set for itself - such as a FEDERAL INVESTIGATION, and a REVOCATION OF TAX EXEMPTION

freethinker

Sponsor
..."Unfortunately sponsored television has limitations. There are things we cannot film or show on camera because of certain restrictions. These restrictions have limited us in many ways to tell the full story and in some cases, not permitted us to tell the story at all."

I think its clear that even Mike, besides the money he has personally made on these 3 seasons selling the stories of Ex-Scientologists, is admitting that this series has done nothing to make any changes in the Church of Scientology, it's leadership, its tax exempt status, and its ability to hoodwink and harm people.

So we'll see if Mike and Leah ever do anything other than this series. For all we know, these two are sick of each other. Just because Mike says they intend to keep making content, does not mean that they will, or even if they have any plans to do anything more.

For now - before the 2 hour finale airs - I'm going to call 3 seasons of Scientology and the Aftermath, a hard failure by almost all standards we use to judge the effectiveness of Scientology criticism. Especially by the standards it set for itself - such as a FEDERAL INVESTIGATION, and a REVOCATION OF TAX EXEMPTION
You're just pissed you weren't invited to the dance. You could care less whether Scientology lives or dies, you just want a piece of the action.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
You're just pissed you weren't invited to the dance. You could care less whether Scientology lives or dies, you just want a piece of the action.
I made an actual argument, using the standards of success or failure that Scientology and the Aftermath set for themselves.

And you respond with "yer just jealous"

You should take off your shirt and take a picture of yourself, "Freethinker". Use that as your avatar.

Then we'll talk.

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor

Alanzo's screed, here, has a similar tone and message to the below scene, at 1:26 of the video.

The year is 2014. Marty Rathbun is confronted at LA airport by David Miscavige's personal aide who tells him, "You have zero effect."

"You have zero effect."

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
When Mike gives the "we build the world with broken straws" ser fac of:

"Unfortunately sponsored television has limitations. There are things we cannot film or show on camera because of certain restrictions. These restrictions have limited us in many ways to tell the full story and in some cases, not permitted us to tell the story at all.​

He is setting us up for the failure of Aftermath, and a justification for the faithful, to achieve its own goals that it has set for itself, such as a federal investigation and a review of Scientology's tax exempt status.

I understand why all the cheerleaders resent me for talking like this.

But what if I really want a federal investigation and a review of Scientology's tax exempt status? Wouldn't I have these same criticisms of Aftermath?

Yes. I would. And that's why I do.

Because they haven't achieved them.

And after 20 years of being out I have seen almost nothing effective done - especially since Marty and Mike came out and hypnotized and distracted the whole of anti-Scientology.

But. as an Ex and a critic of Scientology who is aware of all the injustices you want corrected, if you sincerely want something effective to be done to achieve these, then you must stop being such a cheerleader.

You must be more critical. You must be more skeptical. You must be less able to be distracted.

Last edited:

freethinker

Sponsor
I made an actual argument, using the standards of success or failure that Scientology and the Aftermath set for themselves.

And you respond with "yer just jealous"

You should take off your shirt and take a picture of yourself, "Freethinker". Use that as your avatar.

Then we'll talk.
How noble.

freethinker

Sponsor
When Mike gives the "we build the world with broken straws" ser fac of:

"Unfortunately sponsored television has limitations. There are things we cannot film or show on camera because of certain restrictions. These restrictions have limited us in many ways to tell the full story and in some cases, not permitted us to tell the story at all.​

He is setting us up for the failure of Aftermath, and a justification for the faithful, to achieve its own goals that it has set for itself, such as a federal investigation and a review of Scientology's tax exempt status.

I understand why all the cheerleaders resent me for talking like this.

But what if I really want a federal investigation and a review of Scientology's tax exempt status? Wouldn't have these same criticisms of Aftermath?

Yes. I would. And that's why I do.

Because they haven't achieved them.

And after 20 years of being out I have seen almost nothing effective done - especially since Marty and Mike came out and hypnotized and distracted the whole of anti-Scientology.

But. as an Ex and a critic of Scientology who is aware of all the injustices you want corrected, if you sincerely want something effective to be done to achieve these, then you must stop being such a cheerleader.

You must be more critical. You must be more skeptical. You must be less able to be distracted.
Dox?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Chat points recorded:

@ AryaZ: Well hopefully it's not the end. And as Mike indicated on his blog the other day, perhaps now that the show is over he can and will actually talk about things he couldn't on the show. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

@ Alanzo: "Rest assured Scientology, that this is not the end. It is just the beginning." - Leah Remini

@ Alanzo: And it ends with a promise from Mike Rinder!

@ AryaZ: I have seen this "protecting upstats"--but nothing to this degree. It's disgusting that Masterson's crimes would be covered up and protected because of the celebrity status. If I'd been the EO, I wouldn't have seen it that way or interpreted the policies to allow that to happen. It's really sickening.

@ Alanzo: Way to go, Chrissie

@ Alanzo: "The Product of the Office of Special Affairs is a DISMISSED ATTACKER" - Mike Rinder

@ Alanzo: Ok. This is the first time I started crying a little. I know something of what happened in the background here. And this is a triumph.

@ Alanzo: Mime Rinder explains exactly what he did, but he says "Scientology does this" and "they did this". Never I did this. Why?

@ Alanzo: "Because Celebrity in Scientology is Everything" - Leah Remini

@ AryaZ: I feel sorry for Chrissie. But reporting to the police was a "justifiable defense" per the ethics book. Much different than "civil authorities". The handler was obviously trying.to cover it up for the church. Most likely due to Masterson's celebrity status. I personally reported another Scientologists to the police for a criminal act against me I was not declared. I quoted the policy.

Alanzo @ Alanzo: Tell you what. Chrissie Bixler knows how to get things done. The reason this episode exists at all is probably because of Chrissie Bixler.

Alanzo @ Alanzo: At the time of Chrissie Bixler's interview here in this episode, videoed in 2017, she did not know that Mike Rinder was CO OSA when she reported this to the Church.

@ Alanzo: Not worthless though. They are publicizing the legal allegations already filed against Masterson. Not worthless. Will it cause a federal investigation? Probably not. But it's in direct oppostion to mastersons' lawyers threats.

@ Alanzo: They are repeating the legal allegations on their show! Those things already in legal documents! So brave! LOL

@ Alanzo: Bert Fields letter threatened to sue them if they even mentioned Masterson's name. I heard them mention Masterson's name a dozen times.

@ Alanzo: It's going into the second hour now, and it is fatiguing. We're promoting Scientology celebrities now. OP!! Danny Masteron!

@ Alanzo: Jeffrey Augustine just weighed in. He appeared greasy and desperate to make his point. Karen nodded silently in agreement in the background.

@ Alanzo: "No institution will correct itself out of this behavior. You must force an institution to change this behavior using the law." - Lawyer for current lawsuit against Scientology.

@ Alanzo: Mike has changed his tune about going to the FBI since he first got out. Now he's saying go to the FBI. - this is an improvement in Mike. When he first got out, he said "come to Marty and Me"

@ Alanzo: "When we were raised as a Scientologist the word "pedophile" was never in our vocabulary" - Mike Rinder

AryaZ @ AryaZ: When I was in, all the parishioners with children, I knew in Clearwater, avoided the SO recruiters. We didn't "just give our children to the SO" as Leah describes, We fought against the pressure of the SO recruiters. Geez, now I'm gonna have to handle people who knew I was in the church.
7 minutes ago
Alanzo @ Alanzo: [regarding child sexual abuse] "And it's all in their books" - Leah Remini
9 minutes ago
Alanzo @ Alanzo: "It is standard practice for children in Scientology to audit adults on things of a sexually explicit nature" - Leah Remini
Edited
11 minutes ago
AryaZ @ AryaZ: Leah: "Most Scientologists give up their children to the SO" not true.
12 minutes ago
Alanzo @ Alanzo: I don't think rape is a civil tort in any state.
13 minutes ago
AryaZ @ AryaZ: Difference between civil and criminal, I thought rape was criminal. Am I wrong?
Alanzo @ Alanzo: Mike Rinder points to Jackson as the guy you had to call in Scientology if there was something to report to police. Yet Jackson was the head of security at Int Base, not anywhere else in Scientology. The alleged Masterson rape victims, for instance, never called Jackson. Why did Mike take this opportunity to make this point in this way?

Alanzo: Mike has changed his tune about going to the FBI since he first got out. Now he's saying go to the FBI. - this is an improvement in Mike. When he first got out, he said "come to Marty and Me, the government only steps all over everything."

Alanzo: "When we were raised as a Scientologist the word "pedophile" was never in our vocabulary" - Mike Rinder

AryaZ: When I was in, all the parishioners with children, I knew in Clearwater, avoided the SO recruiters. We didn't "just give our children to the SO" as Leah describes, We fought against the pressure of the SO recruiters. Geez, now I'm gonna have to handle people who knew I was in the church.

Alanzo: [regarding child sexual abuse] "And it's all in their books" - Leah Remini

Alanzo: "It is standard practice for children in Scientology to audit adults on things of a sexually explicit nature" - Leah Remini

AryaZ: Leah: "Most Scientologists give up their children to the SO" not true.

Alanzo: I don't think rape is a civil tort in any state.

AryaZ: Difference between civil and criminal, I thought rape was criminal. Am I wrong?

Mike Rinder points to Jackson as the guy you had to call in Scientology if there was something to report to police. Yet Jackson was the head of security at Int Base, not anywhere else in Scientology. The alleged Masterson rape victims, for instance, never called Jackson. Why did Mike take this opportunity to make this point in this way?

"You usually start the study of Scientology at the age of 6" - Leah Remini

Who was the CO OSA when Jane Doe 2 reported her rape to the Church of Scientology?

Who was the CO OSA when Jane Doe 1 reported her rape?

Last edited:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
In the end, and on the whole, this was a good show.

The Chrissie Carnell Bixler segment, along with the Danny Masterson criminal investigations, are the most important things this show has ever reported in their 3 seasons.

That's because civil lawsuits will never do anything effective against the Church of Scientology, with its money and its legal team. Only criminal indictments have the power to penetrate the corporate money veil of the Church of Scientology and get at Miscavige to take him out.

Criminal prosecution.

Not civil suits - Miscavige eats civil suits for lunch.

After 3 season, Scientology and the Aftermath re-stated claims that have already been filed in court.

Nice.

But also, Mike Rinder was forced to tell what procedures he put in place and used against Chrissie Bixler and the other 3 rape accusers against Danny Masterson - as well as all other legal threats to the Church.

He never said "I" did it though. He said "they" did it,

But whatever, Scientology the Aftermath finally talked about this potential criminal activity, finally, they gave it exposure.

That's a good thing.

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
In the end, and on the whole, this was a good show.

The Chrissie Carnell Bixler segment, along with the Danny Masterson criminal investigations, are the most important things this show has ever reported in their 3 seasons.

That's because civil lawsuits will never do anything effective against the Church of Scientology, with its money and its legal team. Only criminal indictments have the power to penetrate the corporate money veil of the Church of Scientology and get at Miscavige to take him out.

Criminal prosecution.

Not civil suits - Miscavige eats civil suits for lunch.

After 3 season, Scientology and the Aftermath re-stated claims that have already been filed in court.

Nice.

But also, Mike Rinder was forced to tell what procedures he put in place and managed against Chrissie Bixler and the other 3 rape accusers against Danny Masterson. And all other legal threats to the Church.

This potential criminal activity, finally, got exposure.

That's a good thing.
actually, powerful PR against the cult or word of mouth has penetrated the tribe known as scientology.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
AUGUST 26, 2019 8:26pm PT by Kirsten Chuba
Leah Remini Talks to Danny Masterson Rape Accusers on 'Scientology and the Aftermath' Finale

The two-hour live special, which aired Monday, was filmed in front of a live studio audience of former Scientology members and served as the ending to the Emmy-winning A&E docuseries after three seasons. Remini, along with fellow Scientology defector Mike Rinder, revealed that she had been working on the Masterson story for more than two years, recording one of Bixler's interviews for the show in April 2017.

Outside of the focus on the actor, the finale also highlighted testimonials alleging that Scientology policies have hindered members from reporting instances of sexual assault and physical violence to the authorities. Several ex-Scientologists sat with Remini and told stories of being sexually abused as children, covering up deaths, experiencing harmful therapy practices and being trained to lie to those outside of the Church. A panel of legal, psychological and law-enforcement experts weighed in on the stories, advising on trauma and the effects of life in the Church.

"When we first started out the Aftermath series, we wanted to give a platform to those who wanted to tell you what's happened to them, their pain," Remini said in the finale. "It's because of you that we were able to do that for three seasons, and you gave victims a voice and platform to be heard. You cared and we thank you."

"Our fight is not over and I hope you are just as enraged as I am," she added in the show's final minutes. "Our fight has to go beyond the restraints of network television. Rest assured, Scientology, that this is not the end, this is just the beginning."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...i-talks-danny-masterson-rape-accusers-1234272

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
What we learned about Danny Masterson, Scientology from Leah Remini's series finale
Jenny Cohen, USA TODAY Published 12:49 a.m. ET Aug. 27, 2019

636480770637487699-AP-TV-NETFLIX-MASTERSON-95811023.JPG

The series concluded with Remini and Rinder addressing the studio audience, which consisted of former church members.

"Victims of Scientology are not a bunch of weirdo crackpots, but are real people who came into Scientology either because they were children to begin with or they wanted to help," Rinder said. "Scientologists are generally good people who want to help other people and that's how they get trapped."

After the airing of the series finale Monday, the Church of Scientology said in a statement to USA TODAY, "For three years, A&E profited from broadcasting Leah Remini’s lies, distortions and exhortations to hate. These resulted in threats, violence, and the brutal murder of a Scientologist in Australia in January 2019. Prior to committing his heinous act, the murderer spouted vicious anti-religious propaganda, incited by A&E and the Leah Remini series."

The incident the church refers to is the Jan.3 fatal stabbing of a church member by a 16-year-old. The Sydney Morning Herald reported the boy was on church property because his mother was going through a “purification ceremony.”

"When we first started out the Aftermath series, we wanted to give a platform to those who wanted to tell you what's happened to them, their pain," Remini said in the finale.

She ended with this: "Rest assured, Scientology, that this is not the end, this is just the beginning."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/ente...ainst-scientology-danny-masterson/2095079001/