What's new

Reincarnation & Transgenders-Pat Krenik Free Zone Scientology

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
9. "Being a housewife is an illegitimate profession... The choice to serve and be protected and plan towards being a family- maker is a choice that shouldn't be. The heart of radical feminism is to change that." (Vivian Gornick, feminist author, University of Illinois, The Daily Illini, April 25, 1981.
So feminists are only "pro-choice" about SOME things?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Hi - I'm an internet dummy and this is my first try at using the disqus thingy. I'll be happy just to see my comment show up. Regarding the topic, I did a lot of co auditing with a gay guy in the 1970s and as long as he kept his preference off scientology lines he stayed out of trouble. Sorry for the interruption. I'm using this thread as a test.
Welcome!

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
It also ties in with the concept of "[some opinion] is offensive", as in "Are you AWARE of just how OFFENSIVE that statement was???"

Opinions are not offensive. PEOPLE may DECIDE to be offended by a communication or viewpoint.

So, from my viewpoint, it comes down to two factors to consider before opening one's mouth:

1) Is what I'm about to say going to result in some person being feeling offended? Probably, these days, ANYTHING you say will result in somebody, somewhere, feeling offended by your opinion, your attitude, or even your mere existence.
2) Do I care? To what extent are the feelings of the person or persons who claim offense important to me? Unless the person in question is my employer, or my wife, the answer is generally "not hugely important".​
This brings us to the current situation where we increasingly have to watch we don't offend the easily-offended, because they will try to harm us, whether by trying to get us fired, ostracized from some group, or otherwise.

For long-term survival of "normal" society, it may be increasingly important to work diligently to reduce the power of the "perpetually offended", and their enablers.
Yes, indeed. I happen to be in favour of Brexit in the UK. But I have discovered that, in certain circles, I have to diligently hide that opinion. Because people who believe the UK should leave the European Union are non-persons in educated circles in the UK now, despite the fact that nearly 52% of voters voted FOR Brexit in the referendum. I feel like a homosexual living in a muslim country, or a political dissident living in China or North Korea.

It's only a matter of time before I betray my errant, perverted beliefs accidentally with the wrong movement of my eyes, or a stray hesitation in affirming my belief in Brexit, and then an angry mob will accuse me of heresy and have me stoned to death in the street, metaphorically speaking. But, not being a member of the right 'minority', I can't claim I was 'born like this'.

I can't decide whether the world has gone nuts, or whether it was always like this, but just wasn't so easy to notice because the internet didn't exist until recently.

Voodoo

Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
The one who was the husband was of the belief that gays are sick and sadistic, aberrated to use the Scientology term. While many people in the 1950's were, for better or for worse, of that opinion, this guy was in a position to influence many others, even after his death.
Many people today are still of that opinion, but in the west, they're usually too cowed by political correctness to admit it out loud.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
You'll notice the preponderance of lesbian influence. I don't know if the womyn's (sic) movement has been co-opted by lesbians or not but it has most definitely swung to this extreme viewpoint.

Black Lives Matter was started by three lesbians. This is why, at the beginning, the BLM meetings always started with some sort of LGBQT pledge.
From the people I have known male homosexuals are not, in the main, anti-female but the female homosexuals are very antipathetic to males...as a rule. It's a bell curve.
I've noticed that too, that there are a lot of lesbians who are uncomfortable around men.

Back in college, I knew a lesbian who had been repeatedly molested as a child, and as a result could not stand the idea of having sex with a man. Her female friend worked with her for a while, as an amateur sexual therapist, to get her comfortable with the idea of hetero sex.

guanoloco

As-Wased
I've noticed that too, that there are a lot of lesbians who are uncomfortable around men.

Back in college, I knew a lesbian who had been repeatedly molested as a child, and as a result could not stand the idea of having sex with a man. Her female friend worked with her for a while, as an amateur sexual therapist, to get her comfortable with the idea of hetero sex.

I've often wondered if the antipathy was the result of abuse and trauma such as rape and molestation. It's also a documented phenomena that the highest rates of domestic abuse reside in lesbian relationships. Perhaps that's dramatizing incidents for lack of better terminology?

There are deepseated unresolved issues in these cases and one thing is very evident: the results of this pathological feminist theorizing is catastrophic to the civil world and the civil functioning of society.