What's new

Are you willing or available to speak to the media?

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
In the wake of the Panorama show, I have been contacted by several journalists seeking information on various aspects of Scientology.

I thought it might be a good idea to have a section where people who are interested or willing to talk or correspond with various media types can make a post giving a general outline of their location, experience in Scientology, any specific information they might have (i.e. Int management, the GO, petty violence, child abuse etc) and a way to be contacted (i.e. phone number, email address or specify a PM through this board)

I think if we keep it simple and not clog up this forum with long threads etc, it could be a valuable resource for journalists looking for information.

I suggest we perhaps keep it to the following format:

Name or alias:
Time spent in Scn:
General outline of experience:
Specific information that may be of interest:
Contact info:

I can't make any promises about whether you will be contacted, but I think if we at least make the information available, it can only help.

What do you all think?

Yes, Emma, I am willing to be interviewed by "the media". Much of my story is on Grace & Ken Aaron's www.religioushunning.org. While I certainly understand and respect those who choose to keep their annonimity, I hope more will be willing to speak "on the record".

Keep up the good work.

Dave Sweetland
P.O. Box 940397
Simi Valley, CA 93094

[email protected]
(805) 582-0514

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Emma said:
I thought it might be a good idea to have a section where people who are interested or willing to talk or correspond with various media types can make a post giving a general outline of their location, experience in Scientology, any specific information they might have...

Yeah I could do that. But I doubt that they would be interested in what I would have to say (i.e. I wasn't in very long and not high up in any organization). They could just as easily refer to my personal ramblings on the thread "Riverside Mission" and ask any questions about those posts.

For examples, I think that the only info I could provide...

1. Is Narconon connected to the Church of Scientology? (Yes it is. I could relate one personal item on this.)

2. Did some mission staff in the 1970s live in deplorable conditions? (Yes, I did - but by my own choice - no one forced me to do it.)

3. I could tell them that students on the UCR college campus were attempted to be recruited by disseminators that went on campus (this wasn't very successful - even in the 1970s). As a staff member, I was personally involved in this for a short time.

4. I could tell them some things about my ethics-office "gang-bang" attempt to get me back into Scientology after I left. Although I couldn't relate many details because this was 30 years ago and many details have faded in my memory with time.

Most, if not all, of my items are trivial compared to the stories/experiences of others who were in much longer than me OR were in the Sea Org.

Best regards

Last edited:

Eldon

Patron
name or alias Eldon Braun
Time spent in Scn: Eight years off and on; another three in Avatar.
General outline of experience: Did courses and auditing through OT III; never in the Sea Org.
Specific information that may be of interest: I now specialize in Scientology's "daughter cult" Avatar, and have some knowledge of Landmark Education a.k.a. est and The Forum. I can provide ancillary info and contacts for these groups, which are quite active in Australia/NZ, Holland, and to some extent the UK. They try to hide the Scientology connection, of course, which is why I try to expose it.

Contact info: [email protected] or +33 (0) 1 42 22 15 59 (you leave out the (0) when calling from outside France. From the US it's 011 33 1 42 22 15 59.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Name or alias: Lionheart
Time spent in Scn: 10 years in the 1970's
General outline of experience: Mission auditor, Mission Holder

I know of a Type I diabetes sufferer who stopped taking his insulin because DMSMH promised him a cure. He died as a direct result of stopping the insulin.

I know of a guy who contracted TB from living in the insanitory conditions of the Boathouse at Stonelands near St Hill. He died from his TB

Contact info: PM me on this message board and verify your credentials.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Silver Meritorious Patron
Yes, Emma, I am willing to be interviewed by "the media". Much of my story is on Grace & Ken Aaron's www.religioushunning.org. While I certainly understand and respect those who choose to keep their annonimity, I hope more will be willing to speak "on the record".

Keep up the good work.

Dave Sweetland
P.O. Box 940397
Simi Valley, CA 93094

[email protected]
(805) 582-0514

That is http://www.religiousshunning.org/Pages/GoogleSweetland.htm

Didn't Ron once say that the person who destroys the family destroys society?

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
That is http://www.religiousshunning.org/Pages/GoogleSweetland.htm

Didn't Ron once say that the person who destroys the family destroys society?

Or that a 'person' (corporate or otherwise) who *attempts* to destroy the family is *attempting* to destroy society.

Scientology certainly *tries* to destroy the family, but, only manages it in some thousands of cases. And, it would *like* to destroy society (as it exists) in order to replace it with its own variant, but, society is no particular danger from Scientology.

Individuals are.

Zinj

Lovinglife625

Patron with Honors
From Emma:
"In the wake of the Panorama show, I have been contacted by several journalists seeking information on various aspects of Scientology.

I thought it might be a good idea to have a section where people who are interested or willing to talk or correspond with various media types can make a post giving a general outline of their location, experience in Scientology, any specific information they might have (i.e. Int management, the GO, petty violence, child abuse etc) and a way to be contacted (i.e. phone number, email address or specify a PM through this board)

I think if we keep it simple and not clog up this forum with long threads etc, it could be a valuable resource for journalists looking for information.

I suggest we perhaps keep it to the following format:

Name or alias:
Time spent in Scn:
General outline of experience:
Contact info:

I can't make any promises about whether you will be contacted, but I think if we at least make the information available, it can only help.

What do you all think?"

--------

Hiya Emma

I am willing to speak with journalists seeking the truth. I'm not interested in lies either pro or con on the subject of scientology. I give my email below. If they seem for real to me and seem to be making an honest effort to report the truth, I'd be glad to give my phone number then. I'm on the east coast of the USA, in New Hampshire.

Here's the info you requested:

Name or alias: Larry Brennan. On ars I am known as "SME". On here and on XSO I am known as "lovinglife625"

Time spent in Scn: staff from September 73 through March 84. Public for many years thereafter. Done the original OT levels through full OT VII and the newer ones up to having spent a number of years on solo nots. Am not now a scientologist and have no interest in applying Hubbard writings to my life. I very much enjoy my own personal take on spirituality. I am in no way against anyone's right to practice what they consider scientology to be as long as they do not use it to harm others. I am against the abuses and crimes carried out by some of those who control organized scientology as well as the lies they often tell to cover up same. So I'm pro freedom of belief and anti abuses and things that tend to go with abuses.

General outline of experience: Was in positions in the Guardian's Office that dealt with a great deal of corporate and other legal matters outside of the courts including being the worldwide director over all such legal matters for five years. Directly involved with the early 80s corporate evolutions and was the one who presented the plan to Miscavige and got his approval. And a lot of direct work with Miscavige in relation to that and many other matters having to do with Hubbard writings, controls in scientology and general "external affairs" matters for a couple years afterwards. Held the posts of Special Unit IC and WDC X for a couple of years. Received and complied with weekly Hubbard orders having to do with the above and other matters during a good part of that time.

Specific information that may be of interest: Here is a link showing my posts on ars, including some specific information I have. If these subjects are of interest to the journalist, she/he could feel free to email me:

http://groups.google.com/groups/pro...AAOfYy7Y949uJOqqV3uODJH4Sh1oYTmsKzcyDJUf-9UFw

Contact info: email = larrybren12345ataol.com ("at" stands for the "@" symbol)

Most of my posts have been on XSO and there are many on there that will not be found on ars. It's a private forum and so I make no attempt to list anything I have on there.

(I enjoy the XSO posting very much as a good deal of it is more "personal" and has nothing to do with corporate evolutions, crimes, etc. Rather, many posts on there are more geared to enjoyable interaction amongst members, sharing, exchanging funny stories, reconnecting up, clearing up questions, jokes, etc. I notice that is often done on exscn as well and hope to have time in the not too distant future to be able to engage in such nice chat strings with many folks on here as well).

Anyway, hope this helps. I look forward to meeting you Emma:)

Larry Brennan (LovingLife625)

svonhatten

Patron with Honors
I'd love to talk... to anyone. I will warn you, I'm still sorting things out.

In for 5 years, out for 3 months and 9 days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I'd love to talk... to anyone. I will warn you, I'm still sorting things out.

Stephen Von Hatten
(801)698-8031
In for 5 years, out for 3 months and 9 days.

I wouldnt mind questions and answer period. Wouldnt want entire story published, but maybe interview or something, give direction on things they may have questions about. Especially about the tech. That is my strong area.

In 1975 - 2004. Born and raised in the Sea Org.

johnAnchovie

Still raging
Yes

Since I no longer consider CofS as posing any kind of threat to me, and if they tried anything on they would certainly end up with a bloody nose...

Name: John Duignan
Time in Scn: 20 years
Left: June 2006
Positions held: Sea Org; Marketing, Finance, Mission Network, Continental Liason Office - UK - covert infiltration, fleet manager operated in many international locations including Zimbabwe
Email: [email protected]

OHTEEATE

34 years and the whole darn family

I imagine you are wondering what exactly working with the press is like? I mean, how does it go, how much of what you say gets used? Do they twist things like Hubbard says they will? Let me give you my experience, and you can judge for yourself. I worked with 3 journalists so far. BBC Panorama and two others. All three were very friendly. All three showed interest, and asked intelligent questions.Did anything happen that was unpleasant? No. Was my confidence betrayed? no. Did my remarks get edited? well, they used what they had time for that fit the theme of the piece. That was expected. After all, if you know me, you are likely to get me talking for a few minutes on ANY subject, and may have to wait a bit for me to wind down. It is only a half hour show, mind you. I got about 30 seconds to a minute, but the one message I was hoping to get across, DID get across, in full, with backup still shots, narrator explanation, and careful editing by the producer. I was thrilled with how it came out. In short, I would encourage you to tell your story, and your experience on staff, and if they need some more on the subjects you are aware of, you will be contacted. The key thing is, there IS a story there, and it WILL be told. How well may just depend on how well YOU get it across to a non-Scientologist journalist struggling to understand this weird little scene.
I was in the Sea Org twice, briefly both times, in 1974 and 2005, both times at Flag. I am OT 8, Cl. IV, IAS Patron with Honors, did all three L rundowns. My entire family has been disconnected from me, including Mother, Brother, 4 Sisters, 22 nephews and nieces. My son and daughter are disconnected from me and each other. I am blabbing the whole thing to anyone who has five minutes. Disconnection is evil. It ruins families. It is very much against the dynamic of religion, and fits nicely into the definition of the word "cult". You can contact me through this message board under private messages.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I imagine you are wondering what exactly working with the press is like? I mean, how does it go, how much of what you say gets used? Do they twist things like Hubbard says they will? Let me give you my experience, and you can judge for yourself. I worked with 3 journalists so far. BBC Panorama and two others. All three were very friendly. All three showed interest, and asked intelligent questions.Did anything happen that was unpleasant? No. Was my confidence betrayed? no. Did my remarks get edited? well, they used what they had time for that fit the theme of the piece. That was expected. After all, if you know me, you are likely to get me talking for a few minutes on ANY subject, and may have to wait a bit for me to wind down. It is only a half hour show, mind you. I got about 30 seconds to a minute, but the one message I was hoping to get across, DID get across, in full, with backup still shots, narrator explanation, and careful editing by the producer. I was thrilled with how it came out. In short, I would encourage you to tell your story, and your experience on staff, and if they need some more on the subjects you are aware of, you will be contacted. The key thing is, there IS a story there, and it WILL be told. How well may just depend on how well YOU get it across to a non-Scientologist journalist struggling to understand this weird little scene.
I was in the Sea Org twice, briefly both times, in 1974 and 2005, both times at Flag. I am OT 8, Cl. IV, IAS Patron with Honors, did all three L rundowns. My entire family has been disconnected from me, including Mother, Brother, 4 Sisters, 22 nephews and nieces. My son and daughter are disconnected from me and each other. I am blabbing the whole thing to anyone who has five minutes. Disconnection is evil. It ruins families. It is very much against the dynamic of religion, and fits nicely into the definition of the word "cult". You can contact me through this message board under private messages.

You were only a Patron With Honors?

OHTEEATE

Status

Are you implying I should have posted more? I think the actual title was Founding Patron with Honors, which meant $100,000 or more, and before 2004, the first 20 years of the IAS. Part of that was because my wife, a vet, had paid over a million dollars in her 10 year career, and lots to IAS. When she asked for it back, they called us "extortionists". :laugh:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Are you implying I should have posted more? I think the actual title was Founding Patron with Honors, which meant $100,000 or more, and before 2004, the first 20 years of the IAS. Part of that was because my wife, a vet, had paid over a million dollars in her 10 year career, and lots to IAS. When she asked for it back, they called us "extortionists". :laugh:

Extortionist!

That's better than "Patron with Honors" any day!

Maybe The Clerk can grant you a special status!

OHTEEATE

The clerk?

The clerk? Emma, clerk does not do you justice. I was publicly called an Extortionist by an official Church of Scientology DVD, distributed to 100,000 upstat Britons, and I would not mind a special appelation to my Patron Status, which includes the honor status" Extortionist of the Church". If her royal princess wishes to do the admin required.