What's new

Are you willing or available to speak to the media?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
The clerk? Emma, clerk does not do you justice. I was publicly called an Extortionist by an official Church of Scientology DVD, distributed to 100,000 upstat Britons, and I would not mind a special appelation to my Patron Status, which includes the honor status" Extortionist of the Church". If her royal princess wishes to do the admin required.

LOL!!!!

:happydance:
OHTEEATE -

Reaching to the Height of Status Never Before Achieved in the Church of Scientology!!!!!

Terril park

Sponsor
The clerk? Emma, clerk does not do you justice. I was publicly called an Extortionist by an official Church of Scientology DVD, distributed to 100,000 upstat Britons, and I would not mind a special appelation to my Patron Status, which includes the honor status" Extortionist of the Church". If her royal princess wishes to do the admin required.

Not only DVD, but live TV worldwide via panorama website.

Princess Emma must consider whether " Extortionist" is senior to " Kha Khan".

Glad I'm not in her shoes. :)

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Not only DVD, but live TV worldwide via panorama website.

Princess Emma must consider whether " Extortionist" is senior to " Kha Khan".

Glad I'm not in her shoes. :)

OHTEATE and I do not fight about our status at all. I think we are equal, except I am more equal than he is.:yes: He deserves the title.

hartley

Patron with Honors
It's one of the first questions journalists ask, "I want to talk to some ex-scientologists". And they do not mean Freezoners, as they don't exist for most journalists. Cults don't have heretics.

The answer we give in the UK is sorry we can't help. No one here has actually said to the UK critics 'yes I'll talk', though we have put out appeals on ARS and Clambake. One journalist was firmly told by his editor that Americans would not do, it had to be Brits. IIRC that article never got written. One of the reasons Panorama went to the USA to film was they couldn't find any ex-members in the UK.

I'll repeat it again if you like. We can't put any pressure on you to do this, as that would be seized upon by our friends. You have to come to us with your Scientology CV, whatever conditions you would set and some way of checking you out as we don't want OSA agents applying.

S

Steven James

Hartley,

I offered to contribute and I have some damning data against the finances of the Church in London. I wouldn't have used the show as a Freezone mouth- piece.

Most of the research for Panorama was done on the internet. The Panorama team only wanted to speak, it seems, to individuals from Clambake in order to make an alarming show.

moontaco

Patron with Honors
It's one of the first questions journalists ask, "I want to talk to some ex-scientologists". And they do not mean Freezoners, as they don't exist for most journalists. Cults don't have heretics.

The answer we give in the UK is sorry we can't help. No one here has actually said to the UK critics 'yes I'll talk', though we have put out appeals on ARS and Clambake. One journalist was firmly told by his editor that Americans would not do, it had to be Brits. IIRC that article never got written. One of the reasons Panorama went to the USA to film was they couldn't find any ex-members in the UK.

I'll repeat it again if you like. We can't put any pressure on you to do this, as that would be seized upon by our friends. You have to come to us with your Scientology CV, whatever conditions you would set and some way of checking you out as we don't want OSA agents applying.
Aren't the Woodcrafts British enough? I know they were from England. Do they still live in the States? Even if they do, I don't see why that should disqualify them.

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
Media

I have given this a lot of thought,and i am British.
I would talk to the media.
Though i doubt they would be interested in my story.

Tamasin

duddins

Patron Meritorious
In the wake of the Panorama show, I have been contacted by several journalists seeking information on various aspects of Scientology.

I thought it might be a good idea to have a section where people who are interested or willing to talk or correspond with various media types can make a post giving a general outline of their location, experience in Scientology, any specific information they might have (i.e. Int management, the GO, petty violence, child abuse etc) and a way to be contacted (i.e. phone number, email address or specify a PM through this board)

I think if we keep it simple and not clog up this forum with long threads etc, it could be a valuable resource for journalists looking for information.

I suggest we perhaps keep it to the following format:

Name or alias:
Time spent in Scn:
General outline of experience:
Specific information that may be of interest:
Contact info:

I can't make any promises about whether you will be contacted, but I think if we at least make the information available, it can only help.

What do you all think?

Hey Emma,
I know this was from a few weeks ago, but I thought I would say ...yes. If someone would like to get info from me, I am willing to talk.
Alias: duddins
Time in Scn: 1974 to 1984
Experience:
*SO member, worked on special pjts for CMO, LCI, ED INT.
*Former CO FOLO Latin America until 1984.
*Co-developed and implemented the "Staff Pay System" all over the US, including St Hill UK and attempted in EU when GL was COEU. This was done as a missionaire under CMO. This is mentioned at http://warrior.xenu.ca/1997-1014.html and was a program which brought living conditions to an all time low at PAC.
*Former FO FOLO (Finance Officer FOLO WESTUS)under Bill Franks.
*Worked on Special Pjt with Jesse Prince and 2 others, collecting and building files containing personal information on every staff member in WestUS.
*Blew in 1984 due to "Unreconcilable differences" with top mgmt and ED INT, over management of money and personnel in Latin American Orgs. I was Comm Ev'd and pulled from position of CO. Comm Ev cleared me of accusations of sexual misconduct, but still blew. Disillusioned.
*Recieved death threat while in Mexico one year after I had blown.
* My best friend's boyfriend and another ex-Scientologist I knew, was brutally beaten before the threat on my life.
Of Interest? Financial. Human rights, oppression in the SO.
Contact Info: PM through this site please, and we'll take it from there.

Duddins

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Hey Emma,
I know this was from a few weeks ago, but I thought I would say ...yes. If someone would like to get info from me, I am willing to talk.
Alias: duddins
Time in Scn: 1974 to 1984
Experience:
*SO member, worked on special pjts for CMO, LCI, ED INT.
*Former CO FOLO Latin America until 1984.
*Co-developed and implemented the "Staff Pay System" all over the US, including St Hill UK and attempted in EU when GL was COEU. This was done as a missionaire under CMO. This is mentioned at http://warrior.xenu.ca/1997-1014.html and was a program which brought living conditions to an all time low at PAC.
*Former FO FOLO (Finance Officer FOLO WESTUS)under Bill Franks.
*Worked on Special Pjt with Jesse Prince and 2 others, collecting and building files containing personal information on every staff member in WestUS.
*Blew in 1984 due to "Unreconcilable differences" with top mgmt and ED INT, over management of money and personnel in Latin American Orgs. I was Comm Ev'd and pulled from position of CO. Comm Ev cleared me of accusations of sexual misconduct, but still blew. Disillusioned.
*Recieved death threat while in Mexico one year after I had blown.
* My best friend's boyfriend and another ex-Scientologist I knew, was brutally beaten before the threat on my life.
Of Interest? Financial. Human rights, oppression in the SO.
Contact Info: PM through this site please, and we'll take it from there.

Duddins

Wow!

Welcome to the Board, Duddins!!!

Looking forward to reading what you have to write!

duddins

Patron Meritorious
Wow!

Welcome to the Board, Duddins!!!

Looking forward to reading what you have to write!

Thanks Alonzo!....writing is good.

Purging, remembering., remembering, purging! ....Releasing the charge has been causing sleep deprivation, a few tears and lots of giggle fits. I look forward to it.

I also look forward to reading of your continued adventures in Peoria! :coolwink:

sabrina

Patron
I wouldn't mind telling my story. I am 26 years old. I was in the Sea Org until I was 21. I was raised in Clearwater, Fl and I still live there today. I joined the SO when I was 13, and was made to study LRH materials all day long. I was only alloud to attend school one day a week, had to live in Scientology berthing, and could only hang out with other SO members. I have a whole bunch of personal issues from my dad being kicked out when I was 15, and told I could never to talk to him again, to my mom dieing of cancer when I was 16, to being forced not to talk to my husband because he wanted to leave the SO. I would love to talk to the media about my experiences, they show the illegal, and abusive side of Scientology.:happydance:

kat79

Hi,
I'm journalist for a celebrity magazine in London. I'm just looking for someone to make a few comments on Tom Cruise's latest outburst and what you think of his attitude that scientologists are superior and how you feel to be out of that now.
If you can help could you message me with your contact details?
Thanks
K

petraph33

Patron with Honors
I remember 2004

I have to share this little story.... :yes:
I well remember in 2004 when I had been out of the cult since 2 years and had just started my new life well away from where I was working in the Sea Org for over 15 years, and I visited some of my old early Scientology friends in the organisation where my involvement in Scientology had started. I was just in the area visiting family members that, due to my cult involvement, I was out of contact with for over 10 years and which I was very, very happy to re-unite with. So, being in the area I thought to drop in. When I walked into the door of the Scientology organisation, after a couple of minutes, I was giuded into the filmroom by the Executive Director (an old friend of mine) who wanted to show me something "great" and on came the TC award ceremony that is now all over the net.
I can remember exactly how I felt when I saw this video from my new and "unattached" point of view. It was so obvious to me that this was showing an absolute fanatic and it was a shock to me as to how much I had the same ideas and ways when I was still involved with Scientology. I was so glad I had taken my distance from it now and realized that I have to do more to make others aware of life "on the outside". I started contacting old friends to tell them how happy I am now in my new life without Scientology and tried to direct them onto the internet to find out the truth about Scientology for themself, just to be hit with that same fanatic attitude and disconnection letters from my so called "friends"! Shortly afterwards I then found myself declared a "suppressive person" and basically being "excommunicated" by the "church", as I had tried to influence my former friends and also my brother, who is still involved, and tried to make them look for themself and see how fanatic this all is. This resulted in my brother being forced to disconnect from me as he wants to carry on with Scientology.
It is a great relief for me to see that this exact video that got me thinking now gets a lot of media attention, and I hope a lot of people visit this board now to find out what really is going on which brings them to understanding and starting a new and happy life just like I did. :yes:

Last edited:

MLWilde

Patron
:bump2:

If you are new or haven't seen this thread - please do post to it (with a link to your story if it is online) if you are willing to speak out.

Thank you all!!

petraph33

Patron with Honors
Good for you, P.

Life is actually mostly "on the outside".

yes, definitely, but unfortunately those still in do not see it that way. I do believe witrh the current actions ongoing, something is starting to stirr on the inside, we just have to continue. :yes:

Pitbull

Patron with Honors
Yes, even I, Pitbull would be THRILLED to speak with the media under the right circumstances.

But it really does depend on who it is. What level. If its a respected journalist or television show. I don't plan on being used as a "sound bit" or snippet in a larger story.

But if the right opportunity appeared to speak at length, or engage in a panel discussion with Scientologists, I'm ready to roll!