What's new

Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob and Lorraine Barritz were on lines in the 70s. Then Lorraine got declared and they were both off lines for years. She got back in which allowed Bob to get back in too, some time in the late 80s, early-mid 90s I think. She made up for lost time by zooming up the OT levels and becoming the president of the OT committee and running the ideal org thingy. Bob always seemed to just stay quiet and write lots of checks.

any idea why lorraine got declared?

Also, the raid yesterday was good, I have more pics to ID.
 
any idea why lorraine got declared?

Also, the raid yesterday was good, I have more pics to ID.

She blew staff. Blowing Staff = Declared SP, although many have blown but were never declared because getting an SP declare approved is an admin nightmare and extremely time consuming.

I think she may have been the Flag Rep. at the Boston Org, which is a Sea Org post inside a Class V org. The Flag Rep writes reports on what is going on inside the the org as well as ensuring that Orgs are in compliance to Management Programs.
 
PLZ tell

There was a mini-raid yesterday, Paul Bradford made a fool of himself trying to tell two officers how to do their jobs. The BPD is starting to hate scientology more and more as the weeks roll on

PLZ tell ESMB the Scilon news !
 
I'd prefer to keep boston news in here, and keep only those interested informed. However, I encourage you to quote me in any other threads.

But I think pooks should be happy because It's picture tiem!

If any of you can ID the folks in the untitled pictures on my photobucket account, you get my everlasting gratitude, and nothing else because I'm a poor bastard. :p

http://s398.photobucket.com/albums/pp67/linoleumknife21/

another thing to point out is that, with some small exceptions, boston scientologists are a very nonconfrontational bunch, and the reason for this is Gregg. Court said he can't bother them, but also said they cannot bother him, and they are relative pussycats around us because of it compared to the rest of the country.
 
I worked at the Boston Org in 1989/1990. So did my wife. It had about 80 staff on Day and 50 on FDN at that time. We struggled, our "condition" was nearly constantly emergency or Non-E. I developed a lot of friendships there, but only one survived my being Declared.
 
The guy standing is David Newey.


GEDC0117.jpg





Diana Marshal



scilons7.jpg
 
I thought that might be Newey, but I hadn't seen him in 20 years, and he used to be such a skinny guy... then again, so was I.
 
I was in Boston in the mid-80s. (Actually spent more of my time in the Cambridge mission). Always wondered what happened to the Org and Mission as I didn't hear much from them after I left.
 
the mission is gone afaik. If it wasn't, the scilons would have had a better place to put their cchr exhibit when they were here in the late summer.
 
Yeah, the mission (in Central Sq., Cambridge) has been gone since at least the mid-1980's. Somewhere I have photos of that building being demolished. Several years later some gullible public bought a mission that was opened in a 2nd floor office on Mass. Ave. right near Harvard Sq., Cambridge. It didn't last long since I'm pretty sure it was after DM took over SMI and started charging usurious fees on all missions.
 
Yeah, the mission (in Central Sq., Cambridge) has been gone since at least the mid-1980's. Somewhere I have photos of that building being demolished. Several years later some gullible public bought a mission that was opened in a 2nd floor office on Mass. Ave. right near Harvard Sq., Cambridge. It didn't last long since I'm pretty sure it was after DM took over SMI and started charging usurious fees on all missions.

I don't remember a several years gap. I started in the mission in a house just up one of the side streets off Central Square, and when we had to move out because we couldn't pay the rent, we move it to a much smaller second floor space on the square. I suppose I resemble the gullible part, but we sure didn't pay anything (except all my "spare" time) to take over the mission. I seem to remember a fee that went up line as a percentage of the gross, but that wasn't much.

After I left I thought I heard it closed there and went somewhere else too.
 
did anybody every hear about a guy called Markus Schneider that lived and worked partly on staff in Boston?
He would now be about 60 yrs old.
Long time $cietologist, lived partly in Germany in 70's and 80's.
I'm trying to find out where he is, think he is still 'in'
 
I don't remember a several years gap. I started in the mission in a house just up one of the side streets off Central Square, and when we had to move out because we couldn't pay the rent, we move it to a much smaller second floor space on the square. I suppose I resemble the gullible part, but we sure didn't pay anything (except all my "spare" time) to take over the mission. I seem to remember a fee that went up line as a percentage of the gross, but that wasn't much.

After I left I thought I heard it closed there and went somewhere else too.

Nomad,

Well you certainly jogged my memory here since it's been quite a long time. I didn't realize (or forgot) the mission moved out for inability to pay rent before the demolition (of the house down the side street). But, YES, I now remember it moving upstairs right on the main drag for a short time. It was several years later that someone else secured a new mission to open in a second floor space much closer to Harvard Sq. Probably both called the Cambridge Mission but two separate "owners" if that what you call it. It was the second mission that was under the umbrella of SMI and the huge fee structure.
 
I thought the one in Central Square was under SMI also, I thought that was the group that sent out the mission team to keep the mission going and who we sent the weekly reports to. It may have been before DM got enough control to try and change use for taking up the Mission, or maybe it was the fact that it was an existing mission made a difference (even though all the old staff blew at once, and a brand new staff was recruited).

We also weren't there for long, it was cheaper, but still not cheap enough.
 
Last edited:
ID of guy in picture

The un id'd guy in the picture looks like a grey haired Ric Poulin. That's a guess. It's been a while.

I don't believe a Markus Schneider was at the Boston Org in the 70's or early 80's.

Lorraine Barritz was the Flag Rep for Day org from around 77 to 80 and before that--like in 1973/4was comm course sup.

Bob Barritz was a CLVI C/S and came back from LA I think in 1980 but struggled when asked to turn water into wine. Eventually, routed out or blew and I heard became a chiropractor. Bob had a sense of dignity about him and I'm happy he found it in the back repair business.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top