What's new

Daughters of St. Paul unfazed by threats from CofS

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/n...nfazed_by_threats_from_church_of_scientology/

In Italy, the pre-Christmas release of the book "The Courage to Speak Out - Stories of ex-Scientologists" was met with a promise from the National Church of Scientology of Italy to bring legal action against the author and "whomever has assisted her." A spokeswoman for the book's publisher told CNA that, as of yet, no such action has been taken against them...

...The publication of the latest volume from Gardini was so ill-received by the National Church of Scientology of Italy that following its release, Luigi Brambani, from the organization's local public affairs office, released a statement threatening legal action against Maria Pia Gardini and "whomever has assisted her with activities that the Church considers detrimental to its image."

Brambani's Dec. 8 message also alleged that Gardini "has for years publicly spread falsehoods and libel, creating and encouraging a climate of hatred and discrimination against the Church of Scientology."

According to the spokeswoman, the Church of Scientology also reacted openly to the publication of Gardini's first book in September of 2007.

Speaking to CNA, Pauline Publications spokeswoman Sr. Beatrice Salvione said that the company is unaware of any legal action to date.

Sr. Salvione also defended the decision to publish the book, despite the negative reaction from the church.

"The volume does not contain unfounded or defamatory news so we decided to publish it,” she explained to CNA in an email, citing no other motive for publishing the book besides that of informing the public and spreading awareness of such groups to the largest audience possible.

The charism of the Daughters of St. Paul, the sister stated, is "to utilize cultural instruments and information in service of the Gospel," and this service is completed by offering instruments of knowledge, reflection and cultural insight.

Despite the complaints, Sr. Salvione pointed out that "it won't be up to the reactions of Scientology to determine the choices of the editor and this is not because we wish to be noticed, but because we carry out a service to the Church and to society."

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
OH, and bless them for their courage!

Go Sisters!

My roots are with these folks and I gotta say... I'm quite proud of them today.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Is the CoS going to issue a Goldenrod on the Daughters of St Paul?

I hope the book gets translated into English and hits the NY Times Bestseller List! :thumbsup:

namaste

Silver Meritorious Patron
In Italy, the pre-Christmas release of the book "The Courage to Speak Out - Stories of ex-Scientologists" was met with a promise from the National Church of Scientology of Italy to bring legal action against the author and "whomever has assisted her."

I don't even need to read anymore.

How's that working out for you, COS?
Same as always?
Some hot tech 'ya got there, lol.
I guess this means you'll be expanding more than ever now, lol.

Hoodwinked

Patron with Honors
CHECKMATE!

From Clerical Whispers blogspot:

In bringing this lawsuit the Church of Scientology and its leader David Miscavige risk the enmity of millions of Catholics around the world, particularly since the organization forces all women, both married and unmarried, working for their elite Sea Org management organization to abort their unborn children.

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
In Italy, the pre-Christmas release of the book "The Courage to Speak Out - Stories of ex-Scientologists" was met with a promise from the National Church of Scientology of Italy to bring legal action against the author and "whomever has assisted her."

OSA has its orders don't you know. Yet, scientology scripture says: Communication is the universal solvent. And, "insanity is the overt or covert but always complex and continuous determination to harm or destroy."

Wait a minute. Where's my duck tape? I can't think with this dissonance. My head is about to explode.