What's new

Dean Wilbur Rhetoric Hubbard dianetics sicientology

Gib

Crusader
Veda made a new post:

https://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/hubbard-buddha-crowley-et-al.50747/#post-1228068

I look at Hubbard from the rhetoric investigation POV and not the hypnosis POV.

From Veda's post, he always likes to point out one of Hubbard's affirmations, namely this one:

""Your writing has a deep hypnotic effect on people and they are always pleased with what you write... Your psychology is true and wonderful. It hypnotizes people. It predicts their emotions, for you are their ruler."

I'd rewrite that for the truth as:

"Your writing has a deep rhetoric effect on people and they are always pleased with what you write.... Your psychology is true and wonderful. It persuades people. It predicts their emotions, for you are their ruler."

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Veda made a new post:

https://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/hubbard-buddha-crowley-et-al.50747/#post-1228068

I look at Hubbard from the rhetoric investigation POV and not the hypnosis POV.

From Veda's post, he always likes to point out one of Hubbard's affirmations, namely this one:

""Your writing has a deep hypnotic effect on people and they are always pleased with what you write... Your psychology is true and wonderful. It hypnotizes people. It predicts their emotions, for you are their ruler."

I'd rewrite that for the truth as:

"Your writing has a deep rhetoric effect on people and they are always pleased with what you write.... Your psychology is true and wonderful. It persuades people. It predicts their emotions, for you are their ruler."
The malignant narcissist used whatever he thought would help him to manipulate and control others. So yes, some of each.

Thankfully only relatively successful on a very tiny percentage of individuals who came in contact with his scam.

Yet the tiny percentage of a few 100's of millions is still a lot of malignant torts.

Gib

Crusader
The malignant narcissist used whatever he thought would help him to manipulate and control others. So yes, some of each.

Thankfully only relatively successful on a very tiny percentage of individuals who came in contact with his scam.

Yet the tiny percentage of a few 100's of millions is still a lot of malignant torts.
yep, I know only a tiny percentage. And hubbard's target audience was people of means or money. And if no money, persuaded to join the "winning team" for a sublime Bridge to Total Freedom to help people of means.

Gib

Crusader
consider Hubbard's use of pathos:

http://www.literarydevices.com/pathos/

Common Examples of Pathos

Most advertising is based on pathos. Advertisers try to appeal to the emotional needs of the audience by showing how a product or service can make them happier, safer, healthier, etc. Advertisers use the emotions of fear, disgust, and hope to trigger reactions in the audience. Consider these examples of pathos.

Here's how I would rewrite this using hubbard:

Hubbard (dianetics and scientology) is based on pathos, he used the tone scale. Hubbard tried to appeal to the emotional needs of his followers by showing how his product of going clear and OT can make them happier, safer, healthier, etc.
Hubbard use of the emotions of fear, disgust, and hope to trigger reactions in his followers.

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
While Hubbard used rhetoric, I also believe Hubbard used Le Bon's works on The Nature of crowds to create dianetics and scientology, a world wide organization, cult, tribe, group.

One can substitute the word crowd with cult, a group, a organization or a tribe or tribalism as Alanzo likes to say.

I believe all offshoots of social science are just rewording Le Bon's works for their own glory.

I provided proof earlier in this tread that Hubbard read Le Bon, it is a hidden letter in the Heinlein/Campbell letters, which I provided links to access and read them.

Here's a video which explains Le Bon's nature of crowds. If you are a current member of scientology and or a ex member, you might notice some things that Hubbard did to use what Le Bon explained how a crowd, a cult, a organization or tribe is formed.

Gib

Crusader
What is a Crowd?

From the video.

"A group of individuals united by a common idea, belief, or ideology."

Well, I'd say that is dianetics, the idea you can go clear.

Later on it was scientology, a religion pronounced by no other than Hubbard, the religious angle. belief, or ideology.

Gib

Crusader
If we go to the 2:10 mark on the video just posted:

"As part of a crowd, an individual becomes a pawn who sacrifices his personal goals for those of the crowd"

One can say:

"As part of scientology, an individual becomes a pawn who sacrifices his personal goals for those of the scientology organization".

That's what Ron did, get everybody who fell for his rhetoric to join the winning team, scientology, for the ideology of a cleared planet.

There are sub groups or crowds of being a pawn. One could be a mission staff member, one could be a class 5 org staff member, one could be a sea org member, one could be a FSM.

Gib

Crusader
at the 2:18 mark:

"In a crowd every sentiment and act is contagious to such a degree that an individual readily sacrifices his personal interest to the collective interest."

Yep, that's what Ron did to us.

Gotta get your stats up so you can contribute to scientology. Just do as Ron says.

Gib

Crusader
the next part of the video at the 2:37 mark, it's awesome, it's actually hubbards KSW. gotta check it out:

"A crowd forms when an influential idea unites a number of individuals and propels them to act towards a common goal"

Yep. hubbard thru his persuasion or influential idea of clearing individuals and creating an organization to do so, that's what he did, got us to be part of a common goal.

But, if you listen to the vid, here we can get confused, the vid says great men do this, and this is why hubbard hisself declared hisself man's greatest friend.

Gib

Crusader
Mike Rinders post today calls out hubbard's rhetoric.

https://www.mikerindersblog.org/l-ron-hubbard-how-to-deal-with-bullies/

It's kind of funny in the ethics article hubbard wrote as policy, how to deal with bullies all under the guise of ethics.

That hubbard was a story teller, that's for sure.

Anyways, it got me thinking on how hubbard is the savior on mankind, and he himself declared himself the savior.

The sea org, a sub group of scientology, a crowd unto itself, got me to remember the SF Mission holder massacre. Anybody remember reading about that, where DM, a SO member, and his henchman bullied Mission Holders?

https://exscn.net/forum/threads/so-ed-2104-int-the-mission-holders-massacre.1312/

Here's what got me thinking also on how Tom Cruise is always the hero in his movies, sort of a person who destroys bullies just like LRH has said throughout his writings of how he LRH figured out it all and destroyed bullies.

DM the same, he is a destroyer of bullies, that is LRH is the destroyer of OT implanters.

LOL, I got you guys figured out, that is LRH, DM and TC.