What's new

ESMB Poster "David Mayo"

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

It is wonderful to be here and hang out with you. I'm a bit clumsy yet, as I'm still working things out. But some of my very favorite people reside here, and I'm hoping to stay a long while. :happydance:

Hello Julie,

I'm a collector of Scientology history, and I tell everyone you're the photo for first edition Tech Dictionary definition of "Affinity", with the little hamster on your shoulder! (That photo was edited out in later editions, and today there's just the two cartoon pals standing together, your photo is gone.)

I recall when you were CS-4. I was one of the 100 TTC members failing to become a Class 12, and I became instead an Admin Course sup, which I really enjoyed and had things been different, I'd have liked to remain for my whole Sea Org career.

I've so wanted to hear ex Aides and ex senior execs give their two cents suggestions for how, or if, senior management of CoS could conceivably actually become a stable sane long term management body.

LRH was the one who made the late 1970s or early 1980s comment, I think it is in the "INCOMM Advices" which I don't know if you saw or not, but LRH, you can tell he is almost 'screaming' in desperation, he comments that "....management has failed for the mllionth time.....", and that tumultuous period when the CS Aides were disbanded, when the first couple incarnations of the Int Exec Strata was being formed, I think you'd already gone to Int.

To me the history of that period, late 1970s, the management structure change, the disbanding of the CS Aides, the replacement and growth of Int Exec Strata, the growth and takeover by CMO Int of "upper managemtnt", the FB splattering, with Programs Chiefs, Eval Corps people going into all sorts of other positions, with people going to Int to be execs in Gold or other La Quinta and Int units, that whole history, I SO wish that amongst some of you people, like you Julie, you write, if you can, or you encourage some of the other ex CS Aides who went into other positions at La Qunita or Hemet eventually, I so wish that group of people WRITE MORE history!

I wish we had all of LRH's despatch and advices traffic from 1975 through his final traffic, all in the public, so us who are curious how it all fit together, how it all evolved, and the personnel problems, the other problems, how it all just was so difficult to comply with the LRH orders.

But, the C of S is a reality, it does exist.

I so so wish, that you ex CS Aides people before you croak, do some more reflecting on things, as you look back, with "rear view mirrors", and offer some advice.

It might not be taken right away, by this existing generation of David Miscavige dominated top people (but you know Greg Wilhere is still up at Int, Norman Starkey is up at Int, you remember all others who are still up there, and there might be one or two, if they hear the opinions and hindsight reflections of old CS Aides and old FB people) the advice of the old ex execs, if you think about it, no rush, but think about it, unless you've already written about it.

I read some of your and David's stuff, when I was even on the RPF's RPF, there at PAC, in Feb and March of 2003.

I was refusing to cooperate, wishing to route out, I told them I was going to the library, and I did, because I reasoned that I needed to start learning about jobs and what had gone on in the world, as in 2003 I had been over 7 years on the decks and RPF, and of course had NO contact with the outside world.

In fact, two weeks before I was finally given the okay to finally "route out", one morning I was sitting in the Los Feliz (on Hilhurst Ave) LA Public Library branch sitting surfing the internet (my "watch", fellow RPF member was sitting dutifuly about 30 feet away reading something and not watching me, I'd lured him into a sense of false security about what I was doing on the internet there), and I surfed and read YOUR story on one of the Freezone sites, about how you and David got screwed for some "bad C/Sing", on the PTS point of some staffer who was being suppressed, momentarily by another more senior exec at Int.

Anyways, it was such a HUGE relief to find your writing then, at that moment.

I have to thank you and David for what is on the internet of what you both have written.

Anyways, if you too are gagged and can't write details, then my suggestion of doing private writings, or private recordings on CD or DVD, keep them secure, share them with a helpful lawyer who will ensure after you croak, the history gets to serious researchers in universities who will keep the material safe or publicize it. (anyone with better ideas how to make sure this "gag" tragedy can be overcome, feel free to give some good advice also)

I think it is such a tragedy we can't just discuss our lives freely, due to the legal agreements and arrangements that Scientology has made.

I so wished people who lived the whole older management history, up through the new management, and who've gotten some years of outside world experience, to reflect and write on it all.

LRH ED 339R Int says Int Exec Strata is definitely a long term solution. The LRH advices to Exec Strata talk about them each doing their 20 or 25 year study of all past successful and unsuccessful programs for their zones of responsibility, and LRH talks about them being Scientology's "think tank."

I being a management/admin person, from my days as admin course sup at Flag, then later I was on the "computerized routing forms" project, where I studied ALL LRH admin writings, ever, seeing LRH's archives writings, Saint Hill traffic, all through the years of management traffic, all through the years of Int traffic and up to 1983, and then later I was at ASI in the computer dept, and I read all of LRH's ASI traffic while I worked proofreading all of the LRH traffic to ASI to make sure the computer copies were all typo free, I've seen a lot of LRH's final years of writings on organization struture.

Before I croak, when I retire, I'll likely write on some areas of that, from memory, and I'm trying to drum up ex senior people to write about those areas they are expert in. You being D/CS-4 and CS-4, and sort of combination of what today are the functions of Services Exec Int and Qual Exec Int, and Snr C/S Int Office.

anything you write, however you do, all my suggestions above apply.

So glad you and David have joined the conversation.

There's a University of California Berkeley TV series with Harry K (forget his last name), and it's on YouTube, it's called "Conversations with History".

I surf the chat sites for Scientology history, and hope a LOT MORE gets somehow out in the public domain to fill in all the details.

My dream has been to have a convention, sort of allumni gathering of ex FB, Aides, Int, people who lived through various periods of admin history, and have laid out on tables, ALL of LRH's traffic through those periods, so allumni can reflect on those orders and programs, and chat about it.

There's so many extenuating circumstances, compressed time constraints, personnel limitations, and really in hindsight I think those bigger cheeze admin people trying to comply with LRH's orders, and not compromise fundamental principles, that really IS to me the biggest lesson.

My hope is that ex big cheezes offer up some suggestions, that official Scientology takes to heart, that will lessen the ongoing downsides that cause so much continuing backlash against C of S.

Anyways, I'm so glad you are talking.
 
Julie, I met you once in Boston Org back in about 1977. You were visiting or on a brief obs mission. I think back then that you were A/CS-4 or Training & Services Aide; something like that.

We sat in my office and gabbed for about an hour. I remember you as a very sweet and likable person. :D

Welcome!

It was always a huge outpoint to me when I kept seeing good person after good person getting declared by the Church of Scientology (back in the 1980s). It didn't take long to figure out that something was grossly amiss in how the Scientology organization operated. Some make the mistake of assuming that it is/was only "current management" that distorts and screws everything up, but an honest evaluation results in the view that it was/is Hubbard's data on organization itself that is/was the TRUE SOURCE of all the problems inherent to organized Scientology.

Julie, did you have to sign gag orders too, or can YOU talk freely?????? :confused2:

++++++++++++
 
Question for David Mayo

David, does your various legal gagging prevent you from simply discussing various aspects of the "tech"?

For instance, I put up a thread on "ARC" awhile ago, and it discusses the legitimacy of the ideas, and true, HOW these ideas can and do get abused by the Church organization.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=15841

I am sure that others and I would be interested to hear what a person who was once considered to be the "highest tech terminal" on the planet has to say NOW about various aspects of the "tech".

There are many discussions on this board about aspects of the tech. At times there have been interesting discussions about the DETAILS of OT III, what it might mean as metaphor, what it is or isn't REALLY addressing, and so forth.

Your participation in such discussions would (probably) be nice! :thumbsup:

Any chance? :D

As long as you were NOT discussing any aspect of actual Scientology history or events?

+++++++++
 
...snip.... Been lots of water under the bridge since 1996, (since I last posted on a forum like this). I had no idea that my posts would still be around. .......snip......

I for one, even while I was still on the PAC RPF's RPF (in the final stages where one has the option to become a complete recalcitrant, and just demand one's rights, within limits, but going to library and reading about life before one leaves the Sea Org to return "standardly" via the route out procedures, going to the library was at least allowed for me, this was Feb/Mar 2003 in LA), and I stumbled onto "Rons Org" and your writings and Davids, but your description of how David and you were busted, THAT was so important to read.

In the Sea Org, getting the skinny on the real reasons people got busted, that was so frustrating to gather up the details, and there is always that urge to find out why the hell good people got tossed out or blew from the Sea Org!

So the internet history SHOULD all be summarized, indexed, and made accessible to longer range researchers.

The scholars I worked with asked me to do some charts, and plug in names to the positions, and I can tell you, the journalists and writers and researchers and scholars who do take at least some interest in Scientology DO appreciate people like me who translate things into context for them.

I still help journalists weekly, and I've helped "vet" articles and chapters of some scholars' writings.

If you're not gagged, that's great! Lawrence Wright absolutely should be in touch with you!!!

Please email me if you can.
 
In the Sea Org, getting the skinny on the real reasons people got busted, that was so frustrating to gather up the details, and there is always that urge to find out why the hell good people got tossed out or blew from the Sea Org!

So true. I would always roll my eyes when I would read the many various SP Declares issued by the Church of Scientology, along with the findings & recommendations of the Comm Evs used to justify the declares. To me they were ALWAYS so obviously contrived and filled with artificial "facts", distorted interpretations of events, and plain lies. The degree of mental gymastics necessary to agree with such contrived "logic" in these ethics orders was amazing to me.

And, that was well before my own numerous Comm Evs, declares and the same with friends and family members!

I maintain that one has to CHOOSE to be an idiot and remain blind to the many obvious LIES and MISREPRESENTATIONS of typical functioning Scientology. There is deceit, and lots of it committed by the Church of Scientology at all times throughout its history, but it is NOT that well hidden - unless you choose/chose to remain stupid and blind.

Just saying. :omg:
+++++++++++
 
Sandy Stevens was a Kiwi. She was the half sister of Steve Stevens (Tours Anzo) and Chis Stevens (Steve's twin sister). They were all the children of Phyll Stevens who was CO Anzo for a time and ended up shipped off to a nursing home in Florida. (Info on the thread "Australians in Scientology")

David, Was Sandra Stevens American and her husband's name was Harry? If so, I may be able to contact her for you.
 
Last edited:
I thought for sure you would say that you could ___ grok this post!

:tookthejoketoofar:

ML,
Caliwog
http://caliwog.wordpress.com

Yeah, I didn't pick up on that one! Must be slowing down in my old age. But then, I shouldn't cop out by blaming it on old age. I've heard that too much stress impairs the mental processes and can also physically impair the brain. Can't imagine what stress would be like with the placid life I've lived ...

:dieslaughing::dieslaughing::dieslaughing:
 
:happydance:
I am adding my welcome to David and Julie both! This is great!

I appreciate the welcome.

I thought there'd be more responses than I could handle and there already are.

And unfortunately, many questions I will leave unanswered as there's so much SuperGlue on my lips.

DM (oops, I used to use that until ... then I changed to just "D"

D
 
C-A-U-S-ALITY, Hats. Interesting, though, when I first read it I saw "casualty," too! Must be an ESMB natter board thing. LOL.

Good that you're off to bed. Me twos. Hallucinating is prob'ly not a good sign. :p

Oh gee. Thanks paradox. Freudian slip. The difference between being a CAUSE or a CASUALTY went right by me there. Mostly Lurker provided a nice link to the promo too. :)
 
Another thread

Self-awareness is not implied by such a computational architecture, correct. Obviously, despite the fact that all brain-possessing organisms have such an architecture, only a few of them are self-aware.

The important claim here was with regards to the above-described system vs a Turing machine (a computational system whose behavior is predicated on formal rules). A Turing machine isn't really a good approximation of what we're doing. It can't learn things. It can't solve problems for which it wasn't programmed to solve. And a model of the mind in which the person is a Turing machine doesn't capture a great host of the salient facts of our own minds (the very young, the very old, the mentally ill, the 'recreationally intoxicated', REM sleep, etc).

___________



That's fine. Any kind of model involving other galaxies is going to be 'brand new'. The discovery that there are, in fact, other galaxies was more or less concomitant with a) the discovery that they are moving apart with a velocity proportional to their distance and b) the prediction in QM that empty space contains energy (not much -- a volume of space the size of the Earth has about as much energy as you'd get out of a couple of barrels of petrol).

The consistency of candidate models with established models from other domains is a major criteria here. Dark energy and dark matter do not shake the ground from under the standard model. On the contrary, it predicts both of them, as mentioned (ie, QM predicts vacuum energy and elementary particle physics predicts various kinds of WIMPs). It's entirely true that neither of them, as an historical fact, fell out of the standard model. It's also true that the abundance of dark matter was a surprise. But what's not true is that we had to invent from whole cloth a new set of frameworks for dealing with them.

-- edit: I'm down to continue discussing any of this, but I now fear this thread isn't the place for it. We should take it up in another thread or PM.

I plead for another thread. I'm enjoying this so much that I'd be concerned that it could get lost amongst PMs --as here.
 
Oh gee. Thanks paradox. Freudian slip. The difference between being a CAUSE or a CASUALTY went right by me there. Mostly Lurker provided a nice link to the promo too. :)

Personally I'm not convinced that there is a difference. Cause & Casualty appear to be the same thing viewed at different points in time. The Buddhists & Hindus, I believe, refer to it as the 'Cycle of Birth & Death'. Taoists just call it tao. :coolwink:


Mark A. Baker
 
Last edited:
Yeah, Mark Baker. My MU was on the difference between CAUSE and CASUALTY. Not CAUSE and CAUSALITY.

I know this because my cousin's sister's brother told me. :p
 
Last edited:
You see, David, this is just the kind of nuance Mark sniffs out immediately. :clap: No matter how dense the jungle.


sbloodhound13afdb_300.jpg
 
Last edited:
Welcome Julie! Wow! :happydance::thumbsup:

So glad you are here with all of Us. It’s just wonderful to have the Mayo’s part of this here Rodeo. I’ve thought of you and David off and on for years, hoping that y’all were well and that your lives were good.

I've made a number of posts about David over the last year. Here’s a post I made about you and David last June.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=430960&postcount=3047

My Best Wishes to You and David Always in All Ways.:yes:

Face:)

Oh wow. What a lovely post. I really appreciate it.
 
History

Hello Julie,

I'm a collector of Scientology history, and I tell everyone you're the photo for first edition Tech Dictionary definition of "Affinity", with the little hamster on your shoulder! (That photo was edited out in later editions, and today there's just the two cartoon pals standing together, your photo is gone.)

I recall when you were CS-4. I was one of the 100 TTC members failing to become a Class 12, and I became instead an Admin Course sup, which I really enjoyed and had things been different, I'd have liked to remain for my whole Sea Org career.

I've so wanted to hear ex Aides and ex senior execs give their two cents suggestions for how, or if, senior management of CoS could conceivably actually become a stable sane long term management body.

LRH was the one who made the late 1970s or early 1980s comment, I think it is in the "INCOMM Advices" which I don't know if you saw or not, but LRH, you can tell he is almost 'screaming' in desperation, he comments that "....management has failed for the mllionth time.....", and that tumultuous period when the CS Aides were disbanded, when the first couple incarnations of the Int Exec Strata was being formed, I think you'd already gone to Int.

To me the history of that period, late 1970s, the management structure change, the disbanding of the CS Aides, the replacement and growth of Int Exec Strata, the growth and takeover by CMO Int of "upper managemtnt", the FB splattering, with Programs Chiefs, Eval Corps people going into all sorts of other positions, with people going to Int to be execs in Gold or other La Quinta and Int units, that whole history, I SO wish that amongst some of you people, like you Julie, you write, if you can, or you encourage some of the other ex CS Aides who went into other positions at La Qunita or Hemet eventually, I so wish that group of people WRITE MORE history!

I wish we had all of LRH's despatch and advices traffic from 1975 through his final traffic, all in the public, so us who are curious how it all fit together, how it all evolved, and the personnel problems, the other problems, how it all just was so difficult to comply with the LRH orders.

But, the C of S is a reality, it does exist.

I so so wish, that you ex CS Aides people before you croak, do some more reflecting on things, as you look back, with "rear view mirrors", and offer some advice.

It might not be taken right away, by this existing generation of David Miscavige dominated top people (but you know Greg Wilhere is still up at Int, Norman Starkey is up at Int, you remember all others who are still up there, and there might be one or two, if they hear the opinions and hindsight reflections of old CS Aides and old FB people) the advice of the old ex execs, if you think about it, no rush, but think about it, unless you've already written about it.

I read some of your and David's stuff, when I was even on the RPF's RPF, there at PAC, in Feb and March of 2003.

I was refusing to cooperate, wishing to route out, I told them I was going to the library, and I did, because I reasoned that I needed to start learning about jobs and what had gone on in the world, as in 2003 I had been over 7 years on the decks and RPF, and of course had NO contact with the outside world.

In fact, two weeks before I was finally given the okay to finally "route out", one morning I was sitting in the Los Feliz (on Hilhurst Ave) LA Public Library branch sitting surfing the internet (my "watch", fellow RPF member was sitting dutifuly about 30 feet away reading something and not watching me, I'd lured him into a sense of false security about what I was doing on the internet there), and I surfed and read YOUR story on one of the Freezone sites, about how you and David got screwed for some "bad C/Sing", on the PTS point of some staffer who was being suppressed, momentarily by another more senior exec at Int.

Anyways, it was such a HUGE relief to find your writing then, at that moment.

I have to thank you and David for what is on the internet of what you both have written.

Anyways, if you too are gagged and can't write details, then my suggestion of doing private writings, or private recordings on CD or DVD, keep them secure, share them with a helpful lawyer who will ensure after you croak, the history gets to serious researchers in universities who will keep the material safe or publicize it. (anyone with better ideas how to make sure this "gag" tragedy can be overcome, feel free to give some good advice also)

I think it is such a tragedy we can't just discuss our lives freely, due to the legal agreements and arrangements that Scientology has made.

I so wished people who lived the whole older management history, up through the new management, and who've gotten some years of outside world experience, to reflect and write on it all.

LRH ED 339R Int says Int Exec Strata is definitely a long term solution. The LRH advices to Exec Strata talk about them each doing their 20 or 25 year study of all past successful and unsuccessful programs for their zones of responsibility, and LRH talks about them being Scientology's "think tank."

I being a management/admin person, from my days as admin course sup at Flag, then later I was on the "computerized routing forms" project, where I studied ALL LRH admin writings, ever, seeing LRH's archives writings, Saint Hill traffic, all through the years of management traffic, all through the years of Int traffic and up to 1983, and then later I was at ASI in the computer dept, and I read all of LRH's ASI traffic while I worked proofreading all of the LRH traffic to ASI to make sure the computer copies were all typo free, I've seen a lot of LRH's final years of writings on organization struture.

Before I croak, when I retire, I'll likely write on some areas of that, from memory, and I'm trying to drum up ex senior people to write about those areas they are expert in. You being D/CS-4 and CS-4, and sort of combination of what today are the functions of Services Exec Int and Qual Exec Int, and Snr C/S Int Office.

anything you write, however you do, all my suggestions above apply.

So glad you and David have joined the conversation.

There's a University of California Berkeley TV series with Harry K (forget his last name), and it's on YouTube, it's called "Conversations with History".

I surf the chat sites for Scientology history, and hope a LOT MORE gets somehow out in the public domain to fill in all the details.

My dream has been to have a convention, sort of allumni gathering of ex FB, Aides, Int, people who lived through various periods of admin history, and have laid out on tables, ALL of LRH's traffic through those periods, so allumni can reflect on those orders and programs, and chat about it.

There's so many extenuating circumstances, compressed time constraints, personnel limitations, and really in hindsight I think those bigger cheeze admin people trying to comply with LRH's orders, and not compromise fundamental principles, that really IS to me the biggest lesson.

My hope is that ex big cheezes offer up some suggestions, that official Scientology takes to heart, that will lessen the ongoing downsides that cause so much continuing backlash against C of S.

Anyways, I'm so glad you are talking.

Recording history is such an important job. Good on you for your efforts.

I took several history classes when I went back to college. One of my favorites was Totalitarian Art (mainly focused on the art, social and political history of Europe during the 20th century: Italy, Germany, Soviet Union.) I wrote a paper on Charlie Chaplin, who had made the film "The Great Dictator" during the late 1930's. If you haven't seen it, it really is worth seeing. (It is a very clever film mocking Hitler and Mussolini.)

Charlie Chaplin was appalled about what was happening in the hands of the fascist dictators and equally appalled about how it was being allowed to happen. When he starting making the film the US and England were opposed to it and he couldn't get funding in Hollywood because of the close financial ties to Nazi Germany. So he funded, produced, created, and acted in the film himself. Around the time The Great Dictator was completed, England had joined World War II and the film was a great hit in England and the US where it now had tremendous support.

I greatly admire Charlie Chaplin for making such a strong stand, even though it was unpopular at the time. (He was also a true genius.) Pity he was given such a tough time during the McCarthy era and had to flee the US.
Despite all, he hummed his own tune, Smile, much later when he was allowed to come back to the US to receive an Oscar.

I cannot say how utterly thankful I am for the wonderful folks at EFF, as well as so many others, who make the internet available to even the oppressed. It is changing, and will continue to greatly change the world. Exciting times.

I'm glad a few of my old posts were helpful.
 
So true. I would always roll my eyes when I would read the many various SP Declares issued by the Church of Scientology, along with the findings & recommendations of the Comm Evs used to justify the declares. To me they were ALWAYS so obviously contrived and filled with artificial "facts", distorted interpretations of events, and plain lies.


.. snip...

There is deceit, and lots of it committed by the Church of Scientology at all times throughout its history, but it is NOT that well hidden - unless you choose/chose to remain stupid and blind.

Just saying. :omg:
+++++++++++

On the other side, when Int Justice Chief used to write these SP orders on the old bigger cheezes, they'd get rejected, and IJC wouldn't even write the SP orders, it fell to someone at Int writing or revising IJC's SP order.

You can't tell all the good that someone did, if you're writing their SP order.

The person who wrote David's SP order was likely Ray Mitoff, and Ray for sure didn't include the fact of David's Highly commendeds from LRH, nor mention the LRH ED that was authored to praise David for David's work on the Happiness Rundown research, piloting, etc.

I myself, struggled for years, I always wanted to find THE LRH admin writing that would resolve it all.

I did, in my own mind, find TWO references, which are loopholes, were some enlightened Int Management person to actually wholesale FIX these 4 and a half decades of injustices (false SP declares).

One's a quote in the ethics book about ALWAYS weighing the person's good, no matter IF they are guilty of the charges against them, and the second reference is the Board of Review policy, which allows for justice cycles (SP declares ARE justice cycles) to be overturned when any of the 3 points of the Board of Review policy are in violation, and one of the 3 points is that the justice cycle was OFF POLICY.

So, the loophole to UNDECLARE virtually EVERYONE ever declared SP, would be to 1) admit that EVERYONE's goodness was NOT weighed, and 2) then cancel their SP declares wholesale, based on the fact that the Board of Review policy says injustices are to be canceled if even one of the 3 conditions is met!

But the Scientology long term fad of ousting and focusing on people's most easily identifiable bad points to continue a campaign of character assassination against them (the forgetting of any of the good those members did in the movement, the rewriting of history to focus on the bad), THAT, unfortunately is stable (since the early 1980s most recently) long standing Scientology church policy (the OSA network orders finally finalized and approved in 1988 early 1989 are the current "official church policy" on continuing this character assassination practice), need to be retired by enlightened, apologetic, sincere and morally higher principled and humble top management people than currently Scientology have who are publicly speaking for Scientology.

Official Scientology could so easily improve their image by doing some apologizing for their mistakes, do an international amnesty, just roll back prices, loosen up, NOT pressure the members with SP declare penalties, THAT would just be so helpful, but they are incapable of seeing this.
 
I have gotten roped into coloring eggs. I thought I wanted to go all fancy .....then the eggs came out of the base coloring blotchy and striped. What was on those eggs. Stripes?? They were right out of the carton. I have no mommy sense. Shoulda scrubbed that batch with a gentle brush.
 
Top