Thanks, Mojo. That was said with much respect and understanding. I agree completely... LOOK!
And, really, I tried very earnestly to make it clear... this is not my first minute outside of the Co$. I've done LOTS of looking. And I've already acknowledged many times that I don't agree with everything Ron wrote.
Not looking is quite a sickness inside the cult. And it is the control mechanism that DM uses to keep people ignorant of his personal crimes and the corrupt nature of the management. It was also probably something Ron used, from what I've seen, to get people to keep following him, and ignoring the fact that he didn't come up with it all. I even think the whole "anti-squirrel" movement was probably created to keep people following him and not someone else. Personally, I want the red-on-white because I do believe Ron had a very gifted touch at figuring out what tech actually worked and what didn't.
And just to put the concerns of this board at ease ... I will always look and evaluate whether any tech I receive is actually helping and not just making me feel good. Fair enough?
And thank you Brian. I appreciate your presence here and your willingness to engage. As many here do
(including Veda I would say).
It seems to me, having been a vocal
(albeit anonymous) on-line & off-line protester of the church of scientology
(policies & practices) for some 14 years now
(and still going strong) you represent a near perfect opportunity for a mutually beneficial exchange of points of view. Near perfect I say in the sense you evidently have your intellectual and emotional wits about you. It wouldn't be surprising to hear that you physically work out also.
lol.
You have already contributed so much in the way of your views here I haven't had the time/opportunity to bring myself up to speed, by reading each of your posts
(save for skimming). There is however one subject of interest to me that you have engaged in, which is the one of mental health. As you penned (out of context here):
But I don't buy that the system of mental health should be treated as some authority on the field of mental health in general.
post # 60 directed to/in response to Miss Wog
My first question to you would be, do you imagine/believe/perceive
(et al, lol) the 'field' of mental-health is a science? 'Yes or no' would be suffice, though any elaboration on your part would be a bonus for me/us. The reason I ask is I cannot shake the idea that the collective insanity of the church of scientology, as abundantly evidenced all around the world today, is evidence of some serious mental-health breakdowns of its individual practitioners. And if Mr. Hubbard suggested his 'science' (of scientology) could (and would) produce evidence of 'increased sanity, increased intelligence and increased overall stability in an individuals life, then surely that same science would be, and is, the source of the individual insanity & breakdowns in the individuals practicing his 'science'. Which is precisely what Mr. Hubbard accused the worlds 'mental-health professionals' at the time, of doing.
Ok, that was muddy. Let me approach it from a different position. I'm trying to understand your mind set for starters. Which may or may not assist me in the ever evolving construction of mine. Lol. Let me just say it in the form of a statement.
If a scientologist says to me, '
the system of mental health (think Masters and PHDs in terms of college book education and 10, 20 or 30 years or more in terms of personal worldly experience) should not be treated as some authority on the field of mental health in general', I immediately picture a 20 something year old youngster (boy or girl) that's never been to college themselves, reading Mr. Hubbard's book 'Dianetics The Modern Science of Mental Health', and I quiver. My point being Hubbard's 1930's and 40's and 50's basic theories of the mind (engrams abortions cellular recordings etc) standing next to the consequent 50, 60 and 70 years of documentable worldwide duplicatable studies and discoveries in the 'fields' of psychiatry and psychology is a comparison that makes me, well shudder. For the simple absurdity of the later being dismissed in favor of the former. And the proof of Hubbards scientific seniority? After auditing, people feel better. And they write up their wins to prove it
(and to remember them later on). That's it Brian. That's it. You feel better. And I am glad you feel better, honestly I am
(I ascribe to the 'we are all connected at some level of being' theory of being so my caring for your well being is actually selfish on my part, but thats a different story, lol).
Ok, I feel better now. I got to express myself (i.e. vent). Thanks Brian.
If you would care to respond I would love it. If not, I understand.
Back to the regularly unscheduled programming.
Mojo